The Universe has boundary?

It is true that the universe has a boundary.

The Law of Pericorpus dictates the presence of it.

The law simply means that everything has a boundary or a perimeter or an edge. You wont see any objects if they are not contained in a perimeter called boundary.

A fact one hundred percent naturally accepted true universally.

Law of Pericorpus

is something Lawsinium made up. Do a google search on it and you'll only find it in Lawsinium's posts and website.

Made up nonsense.

I have an image in my head of infinite boundaries. You have to reverse some of the boundaries for it to work. So it is like a boundary wave. You have Universe with particles folding out into existence, and then a Universe of particles folding into holes, out of existence. If you keep repeating this as a wave pattern you can go on forever.

He's not exactly a newbie, he just posts rarely.
'08 is his join date and most of his posts are nonsense.

This thread has been slipping into a discussion of philosophy and/or religion and away from any alternative theory of science.

While I have no issue with discussing the philosophy of science in an alternative science theory thread, as the discussion turns toward general philosophy and even the existence and origins of God, it should perhaps be a conversation for another folder in say philosophy or religion.

Indeed.

On a final note, if the universe is infinite then it is unknowable even hypothetically, if the universe is finite then it knowable at least hypothetically.

Last edited:
He's not exactly a newbie, he just posts rarely.
'08 is his join date and most of his posts are nonsense.

Mmmh...
I withdraw my non-support for Lawsinium.
Someone who posts rarely, and then posts nothing other than nonsense, is a rare and delicate species that needs ecological protection.

@Big Chiller: you said:
On a final note, if the universe is infinite then it is unknowable even hypothetically, if the universe is finite then it knowable at least hypothetically.

Do you not allow for partial knowledge of a whole, or full knowledge of a part?
Are those not knowledge?

Last edited:
Based on what facts do we conclude that the universe has boundary?
We only can not see with our telescopes the things lying far far away from us, where the light has not yet reached us because it is too far away,
we actually don't see and don't know what are those things so far away, however, we concluded that the universe has boundary,
this is not scientific.
what do u think?

We don't, in some cases. It is how you measure your universe and whether you place any limits on the physical constraints. Do we say when you take the integral of the wave function for instance, that you allow it to move from $$-\infty$$ to $$\infty$$ in time? Or do we say that the wave function of the universe is finite and there is some unseen location in the future of our universe which will define a symmetry in time?

Not only that, but time itself can be scrutinized under two different disciplines. One which allows a boundary for the universe, the other solution does not. So long as there is a big bang, this is an event measured in real time. If you move 90 degrees off this space angle, you move into the imaginary time axis. On this potential, your system will act as though each event is unique, but without a cause or reference to any other event.

Imaginary time was first viewed this way by professor Hawking in a search to see if he could find any way to remove the singularity. His solution is a strange one, because there is always a description of the big bang, only out of ignorance would you beleive this, or maybe out of being biased over one solution or another.

An end of the universe is just as significant as finding a beginning to the universe. Imaginary time wipes that description away. Real time events works differently. Perhaps the universe will undergo a rapid freezing era once it has expanded sufficiently. That is the most likely scenario.

Last edited:
@Big Chiller: you said:

Do you not allow for partial knowledge of a whole, or full knowledge of a part?
Are those not knowledge?

That's besides the point as it's more clearly understood to say if there are parts of the universe that are infinite then we cannot 'contain' them in our knowledge even hypothetically, but if those parts of the universe aren't infinite then we can definitely have knowledge of them hypothetically. As for having full knowledge of a part if having full knowledge of some parts of the universe requires us to have knowledge about other infinite parts of the universe as well then we cannot have full knowledge of those parts also, even hypothetically.

This is because we 'gain' knowledge.

Last edited:
We don't, in some cases. It is how you measure your universe and whether you place any limits on the physical constraints. Do we say when you take the integral of the wave function for instance, that you allow it to move from $$-\infty$$ to $$\infty$$ in time? Or do we say that the wave function of the universe is finite and there is some unseen location in the future of our universe which will define a symmetry in time?

Not only that, but time itself can be scrutinized under two different disciplines. One which allows a boundary for the universe, the other solution does not. So long as there is a big bang, this is an event measured in real time. If you move 90 degrees off this space angle, you move into the imaginary time axis. On this potential, your system will act as though each event is unique, but without a cause or reference to any other event.

Imaginary time was first viewed this way by professor Hawking in a search to see if he could find any way to remove the singularity. His solution is a strange one, because there is always a description of the big bang, only out of ignorance would you beleive this, or maybe out of being biased over one solution or another.

An end of the universe is just as significant as finding a beginning to the universe. Imaginary time wipes that description away. Real time events works differently. Perhaps the universe will undergo a rapid freezing era once it has expanded sufficiently. That is the most likely scenario.

You can expand the quantum universe locally, and the visible universe can be expanded separately, and linear. Imagine the quantum universe as blotting paper over some water, and the visible universe as a blob of ink in the middle of the blotting paper. The blob of ink expands, but the total universe was already there. This is to say that the blob of ink is the physical bodies.. the galaxies, and the blotting paper is the substance that builds physical bodies. At the same time, you are allowed more than 1 blob of ink at a time.

You can expand the quantum universe locally, and the visible universe can be expanded separately, and linear. Imagine the quantum universe as blotting paper over some water, and the visible universe as a blob of ink in the middle of the blotting paper. The blob of ink expands, but the total universe was already there. This is to say that the blob of ink is the physical bodies.. the galaxies, and the blotting paper is the substance that builds physical bodies. At the same time, you are allowed more than 1 blob of ink at a time.

Nice picture, I like it.

....if having full knowledge of some parts of the universe requires us to have knowledge about other infinite parts of the universe as well then we cannot have full knowledge of those parts also, even hypothetically.

Yes, if.
But we don't need knowledge of other parts of the Universe in order to have knowledge of something within our immediate environment.

I can know for example, when crossing the road, that there is a car approaching. That's knowledge.

It doesn't matter whether the Universe is infinite, or not, does it?

As for having full knowledge of the Universe, whether infinite or not, only a God could have that.
I don't even have full knowledge of my own fingernail.

Yes, if.
But we don't need knowledge of other parts of the Universe in order to have knowledge of something within our immediate environment.

I can know for example, when crossing the road, that there is a car approaching. That's knowledge.

It doesn't matter whether the Universe is infinite, or not, does it?

As for having full knowledge of the Universe, whether infinite or not, only a God could have that.
I don't even have full knowledge of my own fingernail.

Visualising the end of the Universe just completes your understanding of the physics involved in the inner workings of the Universe. It's better not to have gaps in your picture, and the boundary is quite important as it is the day 1 of that part of the Universe. It's not a singularity, yet it is day 1, and removing the singularity is helped by this image.

You are looking at the Universe after expansion, rather than the time of the BB, and it is in all directions. Yes that is something to be grasped in order to have some understanding of what you are looking at.
That, plus the fact that you are looking at things the way they were millions of years ago.

I agree, but I don't think that was what he was saying.

Last edited:
Back