The Truth of the Personified God

Then why do you keep trying? You believe your bible don't you? Your god just told you its senseless to try and figure out why He does things.

It is senseless to try to figure Him out. Correct.

But it is not senseless to try to share the understanding that He has given you about Himself. :)

No one can figure God out, but God can show some aspects of Himself if He so wills to do so.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

It is senseless to try to figure Him out. Correct.

But it is not senseless to try to share the understanding that He has given you about Himself. :)

No one can figure God out, but God can show some aspects of Himself if He so wills to do so.

This doesn't make any sense. You cannot say God has given you anything or even that He shows aspects of Himself, without figuring Him out. Something you agreed can't be done. Maybe you didn't mean it to sound like that but what if you did?

This doesn't make any sense. You cannot say God has given you anything or even that He shows aspects of Himself, without figuring Him out. Something you agreed can't be done. Maybe you didn't mean it to sound like that but what if you did?

Once again you cannot read plain English as i have delivered it to you. Amazing but i am getting used to it.

One does not need to figure an answer out when the answer is given to them.

Figuring something out takes mental effort and deduction. But when someone just gives you the solution then no figuring is needed.

All Praise The Ancient of Days

Once again you cannot read plain English as i have delivered it to you. Amazing but i am getting used to it.

One does not need to figure an answer out when the answer is given to them.

Figuring something out takes mental effort and deduction. But when someone just gives you the solution then no figuring is needed.

Well Adstar you've just said exactly what I thought you'd say, more or less. The only obvious rebuttal to those pearls of wisdom is this: If you believe you were given an answer by God then how do you know it is God that gave it to you? At some point you figured it was God, the possibility you've been fooled, did it ever enter your mind?

Take your time. Would you be satisfied if it was just a ethereal being telling you these things since you have no proof it was God delivering the message? At least in that respect you can believe there's more going on than meets the eye.

I don't expect atheists to be philosophising about a god. Do you guys really do that all day long?
If we were to judge atheists by your standard, we wouldn't expect them to philosophize, full stop .

I told you, I may have marked one of your papers.
:rolleyes:

Give me an honest estimate.... out of 100 proclaimed religious philosophers, how many actually do more spouting off about what they think they know than actually bring something new to the table?
Give me an honest estimate ... out of 100 proclaimed religious philosophers, how many are you actually familiar with ... or if you find that too opposed to your values, out of 100 proclaimed philosophers, how many are you actually familiar with.

Give me an honest estimate ... out of 100 proclaimed religious philosophers, how many are you actually familiar with ... or if you find that too opposed to your values, out of 100 proclaimed philosophers, how many are you actually familiar with.

I asked a guy who was receiving his Doctorate in Philosophy.... Now after you've invested a great deal of time in acquiring this status, what do you really know?

His answer : the names of Phamous Philosophers.

There was no need to ask anything else. You are different. You get on here to try and demonstrate all that you know, no real philosophy, just bullshit. So here's your chance to shine, give us the names.

I asked a guy who was receiving his Doctorate in Philosophy.... Now after you've invested a great deal of time in acquiring this status, what do you really know?

His answer : the names of Phamous Philosophers.
and this person struck you as the model on which to judge all philosophers (although its not really clear what body of philosophers, aside from yourself of course, that he was representative of )?

There was no need to ask anything else.
another symptom of a person predisposed to rumination, eh?

You are different. You get on here to try and demonstrate all that you know, no real philosophy, just bullshit. So here's your chance to shine, give us the names.
when all else fails, try wiki

:eek:

when all else fails, try wiki

Other than what another philosopher says and rules for argumentation and meditation you bring nothing to the table. I don't believe you have ever actually come up with a philosophical thought of your own, it's always someone else's. Ancient tripe that you've been regurgitating on a regular basis.

Let's be truthful, the Doctor was right, in philosophy there is nothing to know. You must possess knowledge gained from experiencing the world your in before you can philosophize, otherwise you just ramble on with terminology and the names of famous philosophers. As far as philosophers go, the doctor is in another galaxy compared to you. So I suggest if you really want to be known as the best damn philosopher this side of the Ganges that you might want to try it once and see how you do. Afraid?:shrug:

Other than what another philosopher says and rules for argumentation and meditation you bring nothing to the table. I don't believe you have ever actually come up with a philosophical thought of your own, it's always someone else's. Ancient tripe that you've been regurgitating on a regular basis.
I see

So the highest aim for a philosopher is not truth but sticking their autograph to their ideas.

Let's be truthful, the Doctor was right, in philosophy there is nothing to know.
:eek:
You must possess knowledge gained from experiencing the world your in before you can philosophize, otherwise you just ramble on with terminology and the names of famous philosophers.
fancy that eh?
Even philosophy has a requirement for application in order to become potent ....

As far as philosophers go, the doctor is in another galaxy compared to you. So I suggest if you really want to be known as the best damn philosopher this side of the Ganges that you might want to try it once and see how you do. Afraid?:shrug:
Actually my posts have been pointing to absence of philosophy on your behalf.

I mean even an atheist philosopher (of which you can encounter several on wiki ... if you ever get off your laurels to investigate ...) doesn't shy away from whatever they perceive to be the challenge of theistic philosophy.

Its something like being a gross capitalist. For them, gold is gold and it doesn't really matter whether it is chinese, jewish or communist. Similarly, to throw some angle that philosophy somehow becomes something else the moment it gets tagged with "religious" simply indicates that you're not really philosophically inclined.

And furthermore, citing a person who shares your opinion that philosophy has no greater issue than futility and who also happens to be doing a doctorate in the field is simply indicating a fool.

I see

Actually my posts have been pointing to absence of philosophy on your behalf.

I'm not the one proclaiming my philosophical genius.

And furthermore, citing a person who shares your opinion that philosophy has no greater issue than futility and who also happens to be doing a doctorate in the field is simply indicating a fool.

I don't think he was thinking of you specifically, but if the shoe fits.

I'm not the one proclaiming my philosophical genius.
You're proclaiming your understanding of philosophy

Let's be truthful, the Doctor was right, in philosophy there is nothing to know.

.... needless to say, its a few notches short of genius ....

I don't think he was thinking of you specifically, but if the shoe fits.
If he was doing a doctorate in philosophy to make the point of it being futile, he also might be better off being a bit more introspective ....

You're proclaiming your understanding of philosophy

To the resident philosophical guru: It is you who's proclaiming my understanding of philosophy.

If he was doing a doctorate in philosophy to make the point of it being futile, he also might be better off being a bit more introspective ....

Just to set the record straight he had just completed it. So his peers, your peers, deem him to be a step above the ordinary monastic, sandal shod, tassel haired, feather pen pebble snatcher.

To the resident philosophical guru: It is you who's proclaiming my understanding of philosophy.
when you let rip with gems like this

your statements are self evident.
:shrug:

Just to set the record straight he had just completed it. So his peers, your peers, deem him to be a step above the ordinary monastic, sandal shod, tassel haired, feather pen pebble snatcher.
No

Just a common idiot since he spent several years of his life in what he says from the onset is a futile endeavor

when you let rip with gems like this

your statements are self evident.
:shrug:

That should read nothing known...my bad

I should have indicated religious philosophy, your area of expertise. Tell us what is known in religious philosophy. Not names, rules, techniques, definitions & history but something testable, incontrovertible.

Just a common idiot since he spent several years of his life in what he says from the onset is a futile endeavor

Not his job to know. Speculate and theorize my friend, that's all you can do.

Well Adstar you've just said exactly what I thought you'd say, more or less.

I said nothing different from what i said before, i only dumbed it down a bit. So don't try and come across as all knowing trying and save face.

The only obvious rebuttal to those pearls of wisdom is this: If you believe you were given an answer by God then how do you know it is God that gave it to you? At some point you figured it was God, the possibility you've been fooled, did it ever enter your mind?

Now what is a supposed athiest doing asking a question like that?

How can an athiest put forward that proposition if as a true athiest believes that there are no gods demons or anything beyond this universe?

If there is no god and no satan and no angels and no spirits ect ect ect then how could i be fooled? If none of them exist then i could never receive any answer according to a true athiest.

Take your time. Would you be satisfied if it was just a ethereal being telling you these things since you have no proof it was God delivering the message? At least in that respect you can believe there's more going on than meets the eye.

"Ethereal being" Well well well, even i don't use that terminology and i am a theist.

Looks like your not the full on athiest. are you.

I will however make this statement:

If i have been given false guidance from a malevolent "Ethereal being" (LOL i love that) Then it would be because God would have deemed my Spirit to be in opposition to His will and therefore i would deserve to be deceived and lead into destruction.

We will be confirmed in the end who is being lead whom. Until then we must decide what we shall accept as true and good and what we shall reject and false and evil. Each person is responsible for what they accept and what they reject.

I said nothing different from what i said before, i only dumbed it down a bit. So don't try and come across as all knowing trying and save face.

Now what is a supposed athiest doing asking a question like that?

How can an athiest put forward that proposition if as a true athiest believes that there are no gods demons or anything beyond this universe?

If there is no god and no satan and no angels and no spirits ect ect ect then how could i be fooled? If none of them exist then i could never receive any answer according to a true athiest.

"Ethereal being" Well well well, even i don't use that terminology and i am a theist.

Looks like your not the full on athiest. are you.

I will however make this statement:

If i have been given false guidance from a malevolent "Ethereal being" (LOL i love that) Then it would be because God would have deemed my Spirit to be in opposition to His will and therefore i would deserve to be deceived and lead into destruction.

We will be confirmed in the end who is being lead whom. Until then we must decide what we shall accept as true and good and what we shall reject and false and evil. Each person is responsible for what they accept and what they reject.

I'm going to start calling you the Artful Dodger. Ever consider politics?

I'm going to start calling you the Artful Dodger. Ever consider politics?

Nope never considered politics they all work for satan.

And i am not an artful dodger. You just call me that because you cannot nail me. People like you want others to march to your tune and keep to your script.

I am not your pawn

This is specifically to Adstar and the rest of the Christian gang here...

Why do you refer to god as "he"????

This is specifically to Adstar and the rest of the Christian gang here...

Why do you refer to god as "he"????

Why do you refer to a car as "she"???

Mother earth and father god. Creator, law maker, enforcer, counselor. The perfect parent.

Its a personification.

Back