The Roots of All Sin

TruthSeeker

Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey
Valued Senior Member
Just a little teaching for Christians... Little but very useful.
There are only two things that causes us to sin:
  • need/lack
  • self-centredness
All sins comes from those two.

From need and lack are every sin that has to do with an addiction. For example, drinking, smoking, and so on. They come when you don't focus on God's presence within yourself, which creates a sense of lack and emptiness.

From self-centredness comes pride, worries, hate, selfishness, assumptions, ignorance, arrogance, etc. Again, a lack of focus on His presence within us.

The key to not sin is to focus on God and on helping others, rather then focusing on yourself:

Matthew 6:25-34
"25 "For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?
26 " Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?
27 "And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life?
28 "And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin,
29 yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these.
30 "But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith!
31 "Do not worry then, saying, 'What will we eat?' or 'What will we drink?' or 'What will we wear for clothing?'
32 "For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
33 "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
34 "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. "

Originally posted by TruthSeeker
From need and lack are every sin that has to do with an addiction. For example, drinking, smoking,
crap,kids start smoking,drinking b/c they want to be like grown ups ;)

The key to not sin is to focus on God and on helping others, rather then focusing on yourself:
[/QUOTE]
yeah tell that to the televangelists preacher millionares who exploit the poor simpleminded suckers/believers!:rolleyes:

Q25,

crap,kids start smoking,drinking b/c they want to be like grown ups
Excuse me... I'm just 19 years old today and now I am in legal age of drinking in British Columbia. Do you think I will gonna waste myself with alcohol? No way! I'm not going to waste my life just because some jerk decided to waste his! This is pathetic! Is this really growing up? I think drinking and smoking are mere signs of immaturity, and not of maturity. If you are really mature, how can you hurt your own body, your own health. Stupid!

yeah tell that to the televangelists preacher millionares who exploit the poor simpleminded suckers/believers!
They are no different then atheists. They only use God as an excuse to win money, that's all. This always have happened, even in Jesus' time. Once Jesus saw that they were trying to make money out of people's offerings and when He saw that He wasn't very happy...

From self-centredness comes pride, worries, hate, selfishness, assumptions, ignorance, arrogance, etc. Again, a lack of focus on His presence within us.

Well then everyone is a non-stop sinner. If i was 'arrogant' i'd just 'assume' that by calling Jesus name my 'worry' of being a sinner would be removed cause i'd receive forgiveness. I'd be 'proud' to admit my love for god and jesus but that too would be a sin. Luckily my 'worries' are removed cause once again the almighty forgives me. What a noble 'assumption'.

TruthSeeker,
I suggest you look long and hard at your own list
assumptions - check
ignorance - check
arrogance - check

'From self-centredness comes... worries'. This is somewhat silly and minimilist. You can also worry about other people, and in no way is a sin unless you go and do something stupid.

Maybe you could say that all sin comes from egotistical views, but why break it up into 2 categories that aren't even that descriptive. The need/lack of your first list can be completely caused by the 'self-centeredness' of your second list.

Originally posted by TruthSeeker
Excuse me... I'm just 19 years old today and now I am in legal age of drinking in British Columbia. Do you think I will gonna waste myself with alcohol? No way! I'm not going to waste my life just because some jerk decided to waste his! This is pathetic! Is this really growing up? I think drinking and smoking are mere signs of immaturity, and not of maturity. If you are really mature, how can you hurt your own body, your own health. Stupid!
Please God tell me you are not this slow. He wasn't saying that kids should do it to be like grownups, but that it is the largest reason. If you do it in moderation there is no problem, and (most) adults understand this. Kids however will down an entire 40 to impress their friends, not realizing that they are going to be on the floor in a couple minutes.
P.S. - I personally like how in your paragraph about maturity you say "No way!" "This is pathetic!" "Stupid!" I just found that slightly ironic.

They are no different then atheists. They only use God as an excuse to win money, that's all.

Hmmm.... I've never heard of an atheist winning money because they are an atheist. Maybe I'm missing something, but I doubt it.

SnakeLord,

Well then everyone is a non-stop sinner.
Bingo... ;)

If i was 'arrogant' i'd just 'assume' that by calling Jesus name my 'worry' of being a sinner would be removed cause i'd receive forgiveness. I'd be 'proud' to admit my love for god and jesus but that too would be a sin. Luckily my 'worries' are removed cause once again the almighty forgives me. What a noble 'assumption'.
Ahh... no.

First of all, if you are arrogant you will say that you don't need Jesus in the first place (what you do). You know you are a sinner and yet you don't accept Jesus. You say "I don't need forgiveness". That's pride and arrogance.

Second, there is no assumption on that. It is written, it is the Word of God. There is no assumption there. There is only an assumption that the Word of God is not true. There... is an assumption.

And there is no pride in admitting that you Love someone. You Love someone just by Loving them. There is no pride there at all.

Persol,

I suggest you look long and hard at your own list
assumptions - check
ignorance - check
arrogance - check
Excuse me... look at yourself...:eek:
No... I have none of those.

'From self-centredness comes... worries'. This is somewhat silly and minimilist. You can also worry about other people, and in no way is a sin unless you go and do something stupid.
No. Worry in any form is a sin because it is a separation from God. If God is Almighty and is in your side, why do you worry? You simply can't worry. If you worry, it is because you doubt. Also, worry is anxious. Anxiety is a sin. If you are concerned about someone, then that's different, because you don't feel anxious. The key here is the anxiety.

Maybe you could say that all sin comes from egotistical views, but why break it up into 2 categories that aren't even that descriptive. The need/lack of your first list can be completely caused by the 'self-centeredness' of your second list.
It does, but need and lack are also a circumstancial condition. For example, if you have no money and you are starving, you don't need to be in this condition just because you are focusing on yourself. It is just your circumstance. So this don't follow in the second category.

If I would put everything in one category (and I actually did), I would say that sin is caused by a lack of focus on God. Hence why we are all sinners.

The word "Sin"means - Unbeleif.

Smoking, drinking, ect.....are sins., not sin. Sin is unbelief.
You do those things because of unbelief.
Once you cure the undelying cause the others will go away.
Thats what Jesus came to do, reedem us....restore us to our unfallen state before unbelief.

Eve beleived the devil's lie, over God's word in the garden.
If she had taken God at his Word, and stood her ground on it ...she would not have been deceived.

That is what Jesus did against the devil.....he stayed with what the word had said
He qouted scripture. It is Written....It is Written, see...
Thats why the Word is so important, for us to be restored back we must study to show ourself appoved, and recognise that Jesus is the Word. Nothing less will do.

No creed or partial doctrine of organized churches in their traditions. Sin is Unbeif in the Word of God, and that IS Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
Persol,

Please God tell me you are not this slow. He wasn't saying that kids should do it to be like grownups, but that it is the largest reason. If you do it in moderation there is no problem, and (most) adults understand this. Kids however will down an entire 40 to impress their friends, not realizing that they are going to be on the floor in a couple minutes.
P.S. - I personally like how in your paragraph about maturity you say "No way!" "This is pathetic!" "Stupid!" I just found that slightly ironic.
Ok... then all those adults that get lung cancer, make their kids get lung cancer from second-hand, and all those adults that get liver cancer or die in car accidents, they all do it in "moderation" and they are very "mature", aren't they...:bugeye:
P.S.- I personally like my own indignate expression when I look at this immature civilization....:bugeye:

Hmmm.... I've never heard of an atheist winning money because they are an atheist. Maybe I'm missing something, but I doubt it.
No. Atheist pretend to be theists in order to get money. That's what I said.:bugeye:

TheVisitor,

This unbelief is caused by lack of focus on God. This is not the only way reason why people sin. If someone kills somebody, that person might not even ever heard about God. Why do you think God wants us to spread His Word? Because the world still doesn't know His Word (and of course to save them). There are people that sin and that never heard the Word of God. How can they not believe in something that they never heard of? It is not just a matter of unbelief, it is also a matter of ignorance.

Sin is caused by a lack of awareness of the presence of God.

Those that know the Word and still sin, those are the ones that don't believe. And if you think about it, even Christians sometimes sin because they don't believe in something that is written in the Word, although they believe that they are saved. For example, a Christian might believe that he/she is saved but yet not believe that he/she can be healed from a disease.

Sin is not believing, or unbelief in God, and He is the Word.

The scriptures say: "He that believeth in Me shall in no wise be cast out"
Many creeds teach "all you need to do is believe Jesus died for you".....That is incorrect.

It is written: "He that believeth in Me" and thats Jesus Christ, and He is the Word of God made manifest, the whole Word, the fulness of the god-head bodily.

If you don't know the Word of God, and have been deceived by organized religion's false creed and doctrines.....You don't really know Christ at all. You have been deceived as the bible said. The whole world has been sent a "strong delusion" that they might believe a lie and be damned by it
God did this, not the devil.
He is the Word.

There are people that sin and that never heard the Word of God. How can they not believe in something that they never heard of?

{{{{{{{ }}}}}}}

There are three kinds of believers in every group.
Believers, make-believers, and un-believers.

Those who've never heard, will be given the chance one way or the other, in this life or the part of those raised up to hear in the millineum.

Then they will be seperated. It's the the word seperates, thats what Jesus came to do.
He said don't think I have come to make peace (or compromise on the word), but I have come to make war, I bring a sword, to seperate father, from son ect...

God don't do this....! God wants ALL to be saved. He is Love. Why would He want that!?!? If God were like this, I would prefer to go to Hell...!:eek:

God is Love. Wake up. It is you that is being deceived. God doesn't want a fanclub of people that admire Him and worship Him for their own sake. God is not a dictator. God is not selfish, jealous, arrogant and stupid as you describe Him. Salvation is for all.

Isaiah 49:6
"6 he says: "It is too small a thing for you to be my servant to restore the tribes of Jacob and bring back those of Israel I have kept. I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring my salvation to the ends of the earth." "

Isaiah 52:10
"10 The LORD will lay bare his holy arm in the sight of all the nations, and all the ends of the earth will see the salvation of our God. "

Acts 13:47
"47 For this is what the Lord has commanded us: " 'I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.' "

Romans 10:15
"15 And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!" "

Titus 2:11
"11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men."

Colossians 3:9-11
"9 Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices
10 and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.
11 Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all. "

John 3:16
"16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. "

What you are describing is pure dead works.

TheVisitor,

Those who've never heard, will be given the chance one way or the other, in this life or the part of those raised up to hear in the millineum.

Acts 13:47
"47 For this is what the Lord has commanded us: " 'I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.' "

It is up to us to bring salvation, not Him. We are members of His body. We should do what He wants us to do. Can the head say something to the body and the body not do it? Read Ephesians 4.

If He will do it, why does He command us to go and preach the gospel?

Then they will be seperated. It's the the word seperates, thats what Jesus came to do.
He said don't think I have come to make peace (or compromise on the word), but I have come to make war, I bring a sword, to seperate father, from son ect...
No. "Separation" there means "distinction". "Distinction" is the awareness of differences. Read this:

Romans 3:19-20
"19 Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God.
20 Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin."

This is the purpose of the Law in the New Testament. It is to "separe", to make distiction between those that sin and those that do not. And even those that sin should not be condemned. Didn't Jesus used to eat and drink with sinners? Didn't He accepted them and forgiven them? Then why don't "we" do the same?

Later in Ephesians 6...

Ephesians 6:10-20
"10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.
11 Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.
12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.
14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,
15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.
16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
19 Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel,
20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should. "

He bring a "sword", which is the Word of God. He calls us to preach the "gospel of peace" to "the ends of the earth". Salvation is for all. There won;t be just 144000 people saved. If you believe that, you were deceived.

You do realise and accept that all the quoting of shepherd writing means absolutely nothing? It's not proof to anything.

If it is proof to you then i will start quoting religious texts from all ages, all cultures. They hold exactly the same amount of weight yours does and must all be regarded as absolute proof. If that is all you have, except your own short sighted brain then you can hardly expect anyone to take you as a credible person.

Furthermore....... If it is proof........

"I will put an end to the hordes of Egypt by the hand of Nebuchadnezzar King of Babylon" <---- Openly admitting that God himself is using people to carry out his evils. He is forcing acts of sin and evil- acts that only the devil would do- upon the people he HAS ETERNAL LOVE FOR. They may be sinners, they may not be the nicest of all people in the world but gods love is for all his children. Here he specifically uses humans to commit his own atrocities.

"I will dry up the streams of the Nile and sell the land to evil men" <-------- Here he is happily and openly showing his wrath. Does this sound like an all loving god?

"I will lay waste the land and everything in it. I the Lord have spoken... I will destroy the idols and put an end to the images in Memphis." <-------- You all sit here and state manking has free will to accept to believe in god or not. Does this honestly look like free will to you? Someone, by their own free will chooses to believe something else. You sit here and tell us how we are able to do that.... He destroyed everything. Where's the free will?

"No longer will there be a prince in Egypt and i will spread fear throughout the land" <--------- Great....... so because peoples free will allows them to do as they please he has to resort to making people 'fear' him? That's the reason so many people are religious. Fear based faith. Which he himself openly admits to doing.

"I will lay waste upper Egypt, set fire to Zoan, and inflict punishment on Thebes" <-------- What a nice guy.

"I will pour out my wrath on Pelusium, the stronghold of Egypt... I will set fire to Egypt. Pelusium will writhe in agony. Thebes will be taken by storm. Memphis will be in constant distress.... When i break the yoke of Egypt there her proud strength will come to an end......... and they will know that i am the Lord." <----------- What a nice guy.

If you want to pretend the bible is undeniable fact you cannot pick and choose what portions suit you. If that's the case we need to look at every line, every comment. The overwhelming majority of the bible is all about hatred, not love. Pain, destruction, and condemnation. You claim love because one tiny weeny incy bitsy portion says so. What about the hatred? Let me guess..... that's all false?

Even little things like the need to sacrifice animals for him... Love requires no deaths of goats. That sounds more like a man-mortal who is in need of self reassurance.

"Do this to prove......." He would know how you felt, how you were within your heart. A dead goat solves nothing. If he can tell who deserves to burn he must be able to tell who doesn't.

He sounds very insecure and violent by nature.

Don't bother quoting scripture to me, it doesn't answer any of this.... Besides.... I have my own scripture which is truth. Don't try and say otherwise, you'll only be assuming. My belief is true. Bow down to the alien gods now or you shall be judged. You need to WANT to find my alien gods or they wont come to you.

Sounds so fucking arrogant... But then again it's easier to point out someone elses without even seeing your own,

Show me that evidence now please Truthseeker. Ignore my above post for a moment and show me the evidence. I'm waiting *anxiously* <------- I know thats a sin, sue me.

Back