The problem with atheism...

Originally posted by Cris
Having ignorance of something that doesn’t exist can’t be bad. It saves times examining irrelevant mythologies.

I agree, but being ignorant of God is not very intelligent.

I dunno, Mickey Mouse is pretty famous, and probably more popular.

Er……. Don’t think so!!

Hmmm, Adam, I think you are being called an idiot.

How so?

Fortunately as scientific knowledge and better education spread throughout the world,

Hahahahah!!!!!

the religious institutions strive desperately to evolve into something acceptable.

Of course they do, they are not acting in accordance with Gods word, so they are devoid of God and therefore atheist by description.

Their struggle is futile since they are clearly entering the throes of their own destruction and death.

They are on their own.
When one is without God his struggles are always futile.

If I could I would quickly end their suffering.

I know you would. :D

But you needn’t worry Cris, God has everything planned and is wiping out memory of Himself as we speak, according to the desires of atheistic men:

…..The path of the Vedas will be completely forgotten in human society, and so-called religion will be mostly atheistic. The kings (government) will be mostly theives, the occupations of men will be stealing, lying and needless violence, and all the social classes will be reduced to the lowest level of shudra (4th class man).

Also read signature bottom bit.

Originally posted by Tinker683
While you are free to make any assumptions about some sort of "god" figure, not everyone believes that either of these two things ( That being "god" and "spirituality" ) have never existed, and do not exist.

Thanks....i'll bear that in mind.

What exactly, is, pray-tell, the 'correct' way to be with God? Your way? Doesn't that strike you as a tad presumptious?

Read Bhagavad Gita as it is.

Now thats just arrogant of you to presume that, don't you think Jan?

No!

How do you know why it is that I rejected God? I don't believe you can, seeing as we've never spoken before, nor have ever met. You barely know the slightest thing about it, and yet you feel you can speak for me?

Why did you reject God?

I could argue that the reason Chrisitans embrace is because they refuse to look at themselves positively. And because of this, they require an external source for their value.

Lets forget religous institutions, i believe they rejected God long ago.
I am talking about God.

Now of course, thats presumptions of me, don't you think?

Go on!!!
Live a little. :D

The God of the Bible condoned and commanded countless atrocities, and then tried to justify it as pure.

Understand the nature of God by reading BG as it is, you will begin to realise.

Of course, when one realizes that such a God is a myth, and nothing more, he finds no reason to be angry.

How did you realise He was a myth?

Do you often have less respect for a person you're not angry with, than a rabid dog?
What is the difference between a dog and a rabid dog, apart from one has rabies?
It is the use of the word 'rabid' that gave your anger away.

And neither did God.

Then why waste your time posting?

And IF God does exist, he's shown a very poor effort on the part of a supreme being to reveal himself to me, or anyone. I would expect more from such an entity.

One moment He exists, then he doesn't, make your mind up. :D

However, if you have some evidence, some proof that God does infact exist, then please, do share it with us "ignore-ant" people, hmm?

I think you're taking the
piss :bugeye: :p

Originally posted by Raithere
By this logic, if someone spends time thinking about Nazism they don't reject Nazism.

I've spent time thinking about it and i reject it. :)

Nope. Admit it, whether or not you believe, he doesn't.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other. :(

The thing that I find interesting and curious is how people, such as you, come up with such a steadfast faith in your own knowledge of something that is not demonstrable.

Common sense.

Which ones are those? There's a bit of confusion on this topic. Even amongst people who share the same religion.

Rather than ask the same old questionr ead BG as it is.

Love.

Jan Ardena.

Asguard:
Everyone athists are going to cause world over crouding

Because if theres nothing after death then why go there so its going to be the Athists who want to live forever, hence over crouding

Could I have a toke off whatever you are smoking? Thanks.....

No, athiests might cause overpopulation because we are just so much better in the sack. :)

Nelson:

Since Religion is based on Love,

Did you grow up in some weird parallel universe where that was true?

I would say that all the problems of the world is created by selfishness... not even atheism. Selfishness is the greatest problem. It hides the Love for each other... It destroies service... It creates ignorance...

Well, yeah, but athiesm is not necessarily selfish.

Oooh boy, Jan is back and more irrational than ever!

I agree, but being ignorant of God is not very intelligent

Indeed.

Of course they do, they are not acting in accordance with Gods word, so they are devoid of God and therefore atheist by description.

Ah, honey, they are only athiestic in the old sense. The Pope is hardly an athiest.

But you needn’t worry Cris, God has everything planned and is wiping out memory of Himself as we speak, according to the desires of atheistic men:

Be quite nifty, 'cept of course there is no such thing.

Why did you reject God?

Never calls, never writes, completly ignored Valentines day....

Understand the nature of God by reading BG as it is, you will begin to realise.

I think Cris was referring to the Bible, not the Gita.

Originally posted by Xev

No, athiests might cause overpopulation because we are just so much better in the sack. :)
Damn right. None of that sin and inhibition stuff, ya see.

Damn right. None of that sin and inhibition stuff, ya see.

Yep. And we ain't afraid to apply science! And we don't have any of the little 'status of women' hangups. :)

Gloat gloat gloat....

Oh dear, sorry for the partial hyjack folks.

The fact remains though...no 'sin and doom' hangups, no alter-boys, and the realization that this life is the only life we have makes us athiests better in bed.

Hey yeah! And remember how the missionary position got its name? We are also not afraid to branch out and explore....

Although the Hindus might have a bit of a lead in that field.

Also, atheists get discounts on jelly (not jam, you silly Americans), so we get more jelly, another reason we're better in the sack.

Two more things:

A: Have you ever seen a fundie chick in a halter top and really short cut-off jeans? Nope. Look at the stuff they wear!

And of course, the Muslim women really bring the 'scantily clad chick' ratio waaaaaay down for all thiests.

B: Note how cranky our thiestic posters are. Jan, KB, etc...it's obvious that they aren't getting any. Then note how laid back our athiests are.

QED.

Oh yeah, and it's obvious that the whole concept of Hell is a outlet for sadistic/masochistic tendancies. Athiests, of course, do not believe in Hell.

Originally posted by Xev
Two more things:
Have you ever seen a fundie chick in a halter top and really short cut-off jeans? Nope. Look at the stuff they wear!
No, but nuns are all major babes who wear black lace underwear beneath the uniforms.

Originally posted by Xev

Oh yeah, and it's obvious that the whole concept of Hell is a outlet for sadistic/masochistic tendancies. Athiests, of course, do not believe in Hell.
But occasionally we believe in the sado-masochism thing. :p

No, but nuns are all major babes who wear black lace underwear beneath the uniforms.

Adam, tsk tsk....no fair to kiss and tell. :p

But occasionally we believe in the sado-masochism thing.

Yeah, but:

John 15:6
If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Matthew 18:9
And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

Does not sound like somthing an athiest would dream up.

Last edited:
No, an atheist (well, this atheist) is far more likely to dream up things like gorgeous nuns in black lace underwear.

No, an atheist (well, this atheist) is far more likely to dream up things like gorgeous nuns in black lace underwear.

Damn right!

But, you dreamed that up rather than experianced?

Drat!

Ah, but now I won't be able to see a group of nuns without thinking of them in black lace and fishnets.

:bugeye:

I'll always remember you for that. :D

Now this is creepy:

"Have I found my way to get close to some women, a few? Yes," said Don Kimball in an interview with CNN conducted before Tuesday's verdict.

Kimball said women found him desirable when he wore his collar as a priest.

"I wasn't prepared for putting on that uniform, walking out into real life and discovering the number of women who were coming on to me," Kimball said. "I wasn't prepared for that. ... I think they were in love with the uniform. It's a uniform thing."

Egad! I will admit that the little sashes that bring out thier waists are rather cute but....EGAD!

http://www.cnn.com/2002/LAW/04/17/priest.sex/index.html

Xev,

Did you grow up in some weird parallel universe where that was true?

No, I studied Religion.
Haven't I explained that? Haven't you understand? Then what's the problem?

Do you know how many people already interpreted the Bible in the same way you do? That's why we had Holy Wars, because they didn't interpreted those passages. But you can't say that in the Bible is written:

Galatians 5:13-14 :

"13 For you are called to freedom, brethen; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through Love serve one another.
14 For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement

"YOU SHALL LOVE YOU NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."

Well, yeah, but athiesm is not necessarily selfish.
I agree. But many atheists are also selfish...

Love,
Nelson

No, I studied Religion.
The Q would like to be there the day you realize how much you've wasted your time and your life in this fruitless pursuit. You could of course cut your losses now and avoid that huge dissapointment.

Or is that too rational. :D

Toward the heart of the dispute, if not the issues themselves

Give me clear example of what you would consider worthy and unworthy of judgement, and I'll tell you if I can separate the two
I'll take a note from you and say that this has been covered. Here, I'll even cover it again: read the following section of my prior post as a cohesive body:
Is it symptomatic of atheists to play with definitions? I don't think so; this is your own difficulty, Adam.

To put it very specifically:

• Proposition: I will say, however, that there are some individuals who deserve nothing good at all from anyone.
• Response: Unless I happen to be God I have no right to make that determination of my fellow human being. And, since I'm not God ....
• Rebuttal: Well, I never understood that position. One, I'm an atheist. Two, I firmly believe it is not only our right but our duty to judge each other.

There is quite the difference between the judgment that one deserves nothing good at all from anyone and intervening in a crime that is taking place. Tell me, Adam, is there a reason you cannot separate the two? Or is it simply more convenient?

After all, the judgment you have proposed in your most recent response in this topic is very different from the judgment you passed in another topic recently when you wrote,

quote:

From what little I know of the guy, he should be removed from office. Not for his persinal views, not for anything particular about him, but because it's simply a very bad idea to put such religious people in state office.

I mean, you won't judge a man like Ashcroft because of his political assertions or his actions in public office, but you would judge him based on the fact that he's religious? Perhaps such judgment is acceptable Down Under, but in the United States, we're working hard to progress past such small-minded attitudes.
What, do you think the subject changes when you see text in a blocked quotation? Thus, to summarize, there is quite a difference between the idea that one deserves nothing good from anyone and intervening in a crime that is taking place.

However, understanding that the separation is not yet clear to you, as evinced by your request for examples, I might ask you, especially in terms of the prisons debate, what a man like Randall Adams, convicted of murdering a police officer and sentenced to death deserves? (Understood in advance are what you have explained of your sentiments on capital punishment. Thus, we might look to the conviction itself, set aside the death penalty, and ask what Adams deserves, in your opinion.)
Well, I don't like Bush being in office either.
Your direct answer lies in that topic. And yes, blanket assumptions such as you have posited constitute bigotry, and I consider bigotry among the most greedy and small-minded subjectivities contributing to action.
If one pursues and accepts public office, one's own agendas should be of secondary importance to the good of the state and the people as a whole. It should be considered an altruistic service, to work for the people, rather than trying to get into office so you can force your beliefs down their throats. Put nice and simple for you: If you want to work for the people, your own agenda becomes less important than the good of the people.
Electoral college aside, tell that to the voters.

That the clear majority of American presidents have had Chrisian associations is telling. I agree that one should think more in terms of the public's good than the good of one's assesment of one's own soul, but such is the way of humanity. To the other, if Gore had not taken religion to the level of political grandstanding, many of the Green voters who dissented from the Democratic party would not have done so; and in Florida, where Michael Moore notes threefold greater turnout at a Green event than a Democratic event (got that via e-mail last night from an old subscription to a newsletter in a forgotten box), perhaps some of those Greens would have fallen behind Gore and helped raise the popularly-elected president to the Executive.
Is that sentence of yours not bashing? Again, I can not help the images in your head. Please show me an example of my bigotry
Perhaps the irritation conveyed in the sentence might lend toward notions of bashing, but it does, in fact, reflect reality. Bashing is your term for your Wiccan topic, and I have, indeed, pointed out your bigotry in your call for prohibiting Christians (and other religious folk) from holding public office.
I suggest you choose your words more carefully then, rather than continually suggest I misinterpret phrases such as "You're full of shit".
Tell me, Adam, when you read a novel, do you stop and argue with each sentence as if it is a disparate entity? Or are you capable of carrying one sentence and its essence into the next, so that by the end of the book you have read a novel instead of several-thousand individual sentences? That's part of your misinterpretation in these forums. As to being full of shit, well? The specific distinction being that inquiries and even bashings of Christianity taking place in these forums center around comparisons 'twixt the advertised result and the real result, and attempts by posters to figure out why such a discrepancy exists. Certes, some posters bash Christianity without cause within the forums, but what importance does Wiccan theology play in your life? Why examine it except because Tiassa and Asguard mentioned it peripherally in another topic and Adam feels like bashing something? This is, as you've noted, a posting board for opinions, and even the harsh opinions are reactionary to something. To what specific aspect of Wicca are you reacting? On what do you base your need to bash? Your general bigotry against all people religious, as expressed in another topic and reinforced in the present topic? Fine. At least then we know. And we will address the topic accordingly.
As for my refined literary tastes, I think I've mentioned before that I prefer to read plain old fiction, good stories. Swashbucklers and space rangers. I am far more interested in developing my own thoughts than in quoting the thoughts of others. On the subject of reading and such, have you ever read Sabatini's Scaramouche? Definitely one of my favourites.
Can't say I've read Sabatini. But that you're far more interested in developing your own thoughts than in "quoting the thoughts of others" ... well, we can look at that a couple of ways.

• It seems you're attempting to exclude the thoughts of others by that standard. This indicates a lack of sympathy to the human condition and an arrogant regard for one's own station in the human endeavor.

• You are, in fact, considering other people's thoughts, even with the space rangers. You are considering, at the very least, the rights and wrongs of the story-world. That is, the raising of a protagonist to that status indicates a certain number of things. The hero is worthy of being a hero, the quest worthy of being a quest. That these ideas are not considered more broadly in the story is indicative of their rigidity. What principles are established a priori in any given story? I would, in fact, recommend Steven Brust's Taltos novels as wonderful swords-and-sorcery novels, but judging solely by your repeated preference for action, the fact that Brust crams a good deal of reflection and philosophy into each of the 220-or-so page novels tells me that you wouldn't enjoy them. Bradbury's Something Wicked This Way Comes? Way too much extemporizing on issues of good and evil, but only if I consider what you've offered of your literary tastes.
Fine. The natural state, as you say, does progress through time. If you'll notice, however, that paragraph you singled out has no actual point.
Wow, I need to start diagramming sentences and paragraphs for you?

• The natural state of atheism exists for a short period.
• The "natural state" is transitory.
• Thus, at the beginnings of knowledge, when superstition governs considerations of the data set, superstition becomes the "natural state".
• What happens from there is a continuing process depending on each individual.
• Not all issues of human recognition resolve into knowledge.
• These superstitions often persist.
• Where in that active process would you like to fix the natural state?
• Apparently at birth, in ignorance, unable to walk, run, or provide food for yourself.
• Being that you had not recognized the transitional aspect of the "natural state", I could only conclude that you never experienced the superstitious phase of human intellectual development, e.g. the monster under the bed, the visceral reality of nightmares, &c.
Again, I would not like to fix (either way) the natural state. I'm quite happy with it as it is. As previously described, and changing.
Yet you reject notions of superstition, and have offered broader considerations of superstition, but do not speak of superstition in your own life. It is a guarded response. Thus, are you then rejecting your temporal fixing of the natural state?
You make assumptions like that in every paragraph
Well, I figure if you had experienced a superstitious emotional response, you wouldn't be afraid to enter it into consideration. As the atheist has no evidence of God, so have I no evidence of superstition in your life at any point.
Again, should I post a thread labelled "Adam's Beliefs" a week after I start using a message board, or after three weeks, or two months? When is the appropriate time? Please consult your internet etiquette rules book and let me know.
If it suits you, do so. After all, you'd be following in TruthSeeker's footsteps, of a sort.

But by and large, You know zero on the subject of Adam was quite the hilarious response. Perhaps it does, in fact, tie into your literary tastes. Perhaps the concept of inferring your beliefs from the positions you state is foreign to you; we wouldn't know. But you tell us, by your posts, more than I think you intend to. At least, your responses, such as the above-cited frustration about an Adam's Beliefs topic, show that you don't think you're giving us anything that has to do with Adam. Are you intentionally misrepresenting yourself, then?

We know that Adam doesn't like to dwell on other people's perspectives, as demonstrated by your repetition of your literary standard. We know that Adam holds religion as a standard against accepting humans, as demonstrated by your bigotry against political inclusion. We know that Adam is either unwilling or unable to recognize identity-politics, as demonstrated by your omission of native American identity issues as related to Celtic identity issues. That is, we know these things unless Adam is misrepresenting himself.
Then please make the relevent point, and I shall respond if you wish. Don't just mention them in passing, but make the point
How many times would you like me to make the point? And you did, in fact, skip right past those points. Please refer to your Wicca Stuff topic, my post entitled "The story so far", your response entitled "Good grief, Charlie Brown", and my response entitled "It's an interesting position, Adam". It's all right in there.

I have to admit, though, I like your take on it: ... and I shall respond if you wish.

To take another term from you: Piffle. You didn't then, and insofar as I can tell, it was because you preferred to make a point that only holds if history has no relationship with itself.[qoute]I will present a third option. You tend to ramble. A lot. You can run several paragraphs without saying anything. Some people like the sound of their own voice (or the look of their typed words in this medium). You rarely make points, but rather talk and talk and talk and then claim everyone else lacks points. Try, for once, just clearly stating your points, with reason[/quote]Yes, minimalism is exactly what communication needs. :rolleyes: Maybe the phenomenon has missed you Down Under, but we call it sound-bite philosophy, referring to witty quips given by politicians to make them seem pointed and intelligent on the evening news. Bush or Gore? Dukakis or Bush? Clinton or Bush? Clinton or Dole? Newt Gingrich, Bob Barr, ad nauseam.

I could, simply, counter with a quip:

• You seem to justify quite a bit.

(e.g. concrete boxes on up to rooms; clarification of prison classifications; elaborations on anti-religious bigotry in the public sphere, &c.)
First, about presuming the worst in people. I try expect the worst and hope for the best from people. I always get something i the middle. If people are bad, well, it's not too great a shock, since I viewed bad behaviour as a possibility. If people are good, I get a nice surprise. All in all it works out quite well for me.
To the heart of the matter: what works out best for you. Goodness is a nice surprise. I think we see just learned much about Adam.

(short enough for you?)
What do I doubt? Let's take Bush for example. I doubt he desires only the good of his state and its people. Or rather, I suspect he desires only good for them, but a good the way he sees it based in his religious background. Maybe he sees it as good that all religions but christianity be expunged from the USA. Just a possibility. Doubt means questions, and questions mean vigilance and security.
Doubt=questions=vigilance and security. Very generalized. But the specifics of individuals don't matter to you?

(short enough for you?)
As for the fundamental nature of human beings, please define what you think it is for me. As for myself, I believe in the good and the bad that humans can do. I believe most of us reside in the middle somewhere.
People are people. And that includes me and you.

(short enough for you?)
That's the way the world works. There's always a bigger fish.
So of all the "natural" circumstances humans opt out of, bloodthirsty competition among the herd shouldn't be one of them?

(short enough for you?)
What doubts do I have about myself? This is not your business, I'm sorry. But yes, I apply critical analysis to myself as much as to the outside world
So you never apply your doubts about other people to yourself?

We learn yet even more about Adam.

(short enough for you?)
Again, please clearly point out my bigotry.
This has been covered, repeatedly.

(short enough for you?)
There may indeed be all manner of supernatural things going on
Hint from one who spends more time getting close to the "supernatural": There is no supernatural.

(I would elaborate, but you've already complained about my rambling, so I'll leave it to you to raise what issues I would have otherwise covered here.)
Without any evidence one way or another, there is no reason to accept either side as absoltue truth.
Again, agnostic? Or should I look ahead, and stop picking individual sentences out of the larger whole? After all, you have, actually, addressed the point.
Agnosticism? No, it doesn't fit. Some of my dictionaries mention it as specifically being a philosophy revolving around man's inability to know (the christian) god. The other half say it is man's inability to know anything save via observable phenomena. Both ideas I discount. The former because it simply does not apply to an atheist. The latter because we have imagination and deductive reasoning ability.
So Adam would rather have the label of atheism, and thus challenge the definitions of words? What are your dictionaries, Adam? I do believe I posted mine. But I'll remind you of one of those definitions specifically:
Agnostic \Ag*nos"tic\, n.
One who professes ignorance, or denies that we have any
knowledge, save of phenomena; one who supports agnosticism,
neither affirming nor denying the existence of a personal
Deity, a future life, etc.
Now, aren't you the one who was insisting on older definitions of words? Pagan comes to mind.

So is it that you're unwilling or unable to read my posts before responding to them?

thanx,
Tiassa :cool:

Originally posted by Jan Ardena
By this logic, if someone spends time thinking about Nazism they don't reject Nazism.
I've spent time thinking about it and i reject it. :)

You miss the point. You made the point that "deep down nobody rejects God" because if they did they "wouldn't spend so much of your life thinking about Him". I was pointing out your faulty logic. Just because one thinks about a subject doesn't make that subject real or mean that the subject is accepted by the person thinking about it.

Nope. Admit it, whether or not you believe, he doesn't.
Six of one, half a dozen of the other. :(

It's really difficult to have a debate with a transcendentalist.

The thing that I find interesting and curious is how people, such as you, come up with such a steadfast faith in your own knowledge of something that is not demonstrable.
Common sense.

Common sense would indicate that the Sun revolves around the Earth yet this is not so. You need a bit more explanation than that.

Which ones are those? There's a bit of confusion on this topic. Even amongst people who share the same religion.
Rather than ask the same old question read BG as it is.

You constantly refer people to the BG as if it were an answer to specific questions. Do you not know the answers yourself or are you just lazy?

I have read the BG and find it entirely unimpressive in it's explanation of the world. I find nothing in it to recommend it over any other ancient text as far as truth is concerned. A bunch of poorly reasoned transcendental philosophy and circular logic.

~Raithere

Tiassa

Using the example you cited, Ashcroft and all. Should his activities be curtailed because of his beliefs? Or, using what ahs been said before, does he: A) deserve punishment; or B) deserve nothing good from anyone?

Answer: neither. There should be legsilation in place so that upon entering public office and executing that office's duties, any indidvidual, regardless of their beliefs, performs the duties of that office without any concern (regarding performance of official duties) other than the welfare of the state and its people.

You brought up Bush. I said I don't like him being in office either. I would also dislike Idi Amin being in office, or Paul Rubin, or the local leader of the Men Must Die feminism coalition. It is not small-minded, as you like to say, to prefer that a rule be set in place which governs the external infleunces which might act upon one's performance of offical duties. It seems to me that such a rule, or set of rules, might be conducive to the equitable running of a state.

I agree that one should think more in terms of the public's good than the good of one's assesment of one's own soul, but such is the way of humanity.
So, we should just allow all "human" behaviour in public office?

Perhaps the irritation conveyed in the sentence might lend toward notions of bashing, but it does, in fact, reflect reality. Bashing is your term for your Wiccan topic, and I have, indeed, pointed out your bigotry in your call for prohibiting Christians (and other religious folk) from holding public office.
I don't want to prohobit christians and other folk from running for public office. I want the state and its people protected from anyone who would use that office to further their own personal desires.

Your general bigotry against all people religious, as expressed in another topic and reinforced in the present topic?
My aunt is buddhist, my ex-girlfriend is christian. The only thing resembling bigotry I apply to them is a bit of loathing toward my ex. Again, I would suggest you don't know my thoughts or motives and are assuming much.

It seems you're attempting to exclude the thoughts of others by that standard. This indicates a lack of sympathy to the human condition and an arrogant regard for one's own station in the human endeavor.
Not at all. The thoughts of others are considered. owever, my own thoughts are more improtant because they are mine. I would expect your own thoughts to be as important to you, Ashcroft's to be as important to him, et cetera. I can not possibly have a lack of sympathy for the human condition since I am human, and the human condition is my condition.

I prefer action over philosophy in books? Read Scaramouche. A nice mix of the two. 100% about "the human condition". Reminds me, I have a book called The Human Condition somewhere.

Superstition does not become the natural state. The natural state is not superstition, but to have superstitions and then to sort the wheat from the chaff. To learn and grow is the natural state in this regard. That process of learning, changing, and sorting the wheat from the chaff is what should be fixed in place as the natural state, if for some reason it is considered not already.

As for superstition in my own life, it is not a guarded secret or anything. For several months when I was very young I had a recurring nightmare about brain-eating zombies after some older idiot subjected me to some horrible B-grade horror movie. However, I must point out that even in those nightmares my relatives and I took on the duty of being excessively violent zombie-slayers, using chainsaws and cars and such to deal with the problem. I believe I may have seen the ghost of my grandmother just after she died 2,000 km away, but I admit it may simply have been my imagination, or some subconscious link that we humans have yet to explain, or any number of things other than a ghost.

At least, your responses, such as the above-cited frustration about an Adam's Beliefs topic, show that you don't think you're giving us anything that has to do with Adam. Are you intentionally misrepresenting yourself, then?
I am neither deliberately representing nor misrepresenting myself. Merely discussing things. To represent or misrepresent myself, I would be the subject. I am not.

My mention of my literary standards has only ever been in response to other peoples' comments regarding books and such.

We know that Adam holds religion as a standard against accepting humans, as demonstrated by your bigotry against political inclusion.
No, you don't know that. What you know, if you actually read my posts, is that I hold a single standard for all humans, even atheists. An atheist, too, should be scrutinised while serving a public office. So should a buddhist, a member of the Men Must Die lobby, or a cow.

To the heart of the matter: what works out best for you. Goodness is a nice surprise. I think we see just learned much about Adam.
No, you learned one thing. And does this mean you object to the needs of the individual?

So of all the "natural" circumstances humans opt out of, bloodthirsty competition among the herd shouldn't be one of them?
Please explain the relevance of this question. Did I ever say we should dismiss or retain bloodthirsty competition?

So you never apply your doubts about other people to yourself?
I repeat: "But yes, I apply critical analysis to myself as much as to the outside world."

Natural, supernatural, whatever. A term to describe things unproven, ghosts and psychic powers and all. Doesn't bother me really which term you apply to it.

What are my dictionaries? Apart from the usual web resources, I generally use: Websters, Funk & Wagnalls, Pears, MacMillan.

Back