The Post Whatever Thread

Keep warm all members here who live in Central US. It looks like it’s going to be super cold...negative temps in some places. -_O
I remember one cold February morning we were planning on making a jump from 22,000 feet in Arizona. I got the weather forecast and someone asked me about it.

"Do you know what the exit temps are going to be?" he asked me.
"Yeah, -36F" I said.
"What's that in C?" he asked. (He was from Russia.)
"At that point it's basically the same" I told him. He looked worried.

I didn't know Laurel and Hardy played banjo

I did watch wegs and Jan play dueling Dictionaries short while back

:)

I remember one cold February morning we were planning on making a jump from 22,000 feet in Arizona. I got the weather forecast and someone asked me about it.

"Yeah, -36F" I said.
Omg, sounds terrifying. But so does jumping out of a plane, in general. :D

So, there are clubs for this, eh?

Omg, sounds terrifying. But so does jumping out of a plane, in general. :D
So, there are clubs for this, eh?
Oh, clubs, drop zones, teams, record attempts, boogies . . . . that was during the 300-way record attempt in 2002.

Turns out that sometimes it IS too cold to skydive.

Oh, clubs, drop zones, teams, record attempts, boogies . . . . that was during the 300-way record attempt in 2002.

Turns out that sometimes it IS too cold to skydive.

Why do you enjoy sky diving? Friends have asked me to try with them but my greatest fear tbh is the parachute not opening. lol

"Yeah, -36F" I said.

add in the wind chill
after 10 seconds you're facing speeds of 220mph

(frostbite?)

Why do you enjoy sky diving?
Learning the skill it requires
Getting really good at a specific discipline (wingsuiting, RW, video)
The people (ranging from surgeons and pilots to packers without $100 to their name)
Doing something where the consequences for failure are more than just not getting a trophy
Being able to see the world from 25,000 feet (without looking through a window)

One of my favorite jumps to date was jumping over the Blue Hole, 50 miles over the Caribbean. We did the skydive, landed in the water, and then did a scuba dive into the hole. Two amazing (and very different) experiences within an hour.

add in the wind chill
after 10 seconds you're facing speeds of 220mph
(frostbite?)
Well, 120mph airspeed - but yes, the risk of frostbite is a big one. All of us were wearing a lot of layers and had (almost) no skin exposed.

The problem with those temperatures is that there is no amount of anti-fog or ventilation that will keep a faceplate from freezing over, making you effectively blind. We switched to goggles with full-face helmets that partially solved the problem, but it was a problem the entire record attempt.

Learning the skill it requires
Getting really good at a specific discipline (wingsuiting, RW, video)
The people (ranging from surgeons and pilots to packers without $100 to their name)
Doing something where the consequences for failure are more than just not getting a trophy
Being able to see the world from 25,000 feet (without looking through a window)

One of my favorite jumps to date was jumping over the Blue Hole, 50 miles over the Caribbean. We did the skydive, landed in the water, and then did a scuba dive into the hole. Two amazing (and very different) experiences within an hour.
Consequences for failure are too great! Lol Are you an adrenaline junkie, would you say? Is every jump as exhilarating as your first time? I’m imagining that it’s like anything - the first time, the adrenaline rush might partially stem from fear but after that, the subsequent jumps would be a test of skills, strength, etc. Different types of thrills.

Are you an adrenaline junkie, would you say?
I don't think so. I like sports considered adrenalin (climbing, skydiving, BASE) but I do it because I like the challenge, not because it gets me adrenalized.
Is every jump as exhilarating as your first time?
Definitely not. I don't even remember my first two jumps. The thrill changes with time. Nowadays it's doing a perfect video jump - getting the angles and framing just right, anticipating the next point, staying as close as is safe.

I don't think so. I like sports considered adrenalin (climbing, skydiving, BASE) but I do it because I like the challenge, not because it gets me adrenalized.

Definitely not. I don't even remember my first two jumps. The thrill changes with time. Nowadays it's doing a perfect video jump - getting the angles and framing just right, anticipating the next point, staying as close as is safe.
Sounds fun billvon, in a scary kind of way. You could post on sci-forums during your next jump to really test your skills and report back.

Jk! :D

almost every human on earth has a cell phone
so why doesn't every single Zoo animal have an RF ID chip that can be constantly monitored ?
seems logical
big cats etc ...

totally hot !
us-star-jennifer-lawrence-reveals-horrific-story-of-forced-nude.780353088.png

i appear to have some holes in my memory
unknown origin
considering i have partial eidetic
i suspect it is a combination of sudden change in diet
multiple stressors on all emotional fronts triggering long term & short term while applying both long term & short term stress recall triggers

i have identified some subconscious triggers of some peoples subconscious behaviors which i have been obsessively processing to attempt to figure out the mechanisms etc
it appears to be presenting in me like hard core emotional trauma in my subconscious.
it is disturbing
(i realize most people cant remember everything, but if that was almost normal for you, suddenly not being able to recall specific moments...possibly band width exceeded with sudden dietary change[which i have corrected])
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eidetic_memory

Last edited:
almost every human on earth has a cell phone
so why doesn't every single Zoo animal have an RF ID chip that can be constantly monitored ?
seems logical
big cats etc ...
"Hey what IS that animal? It might be a big lion or it might just be a really big housecat with extra fur around its neck. Who knows? Let me get my RFID scanner and get real close so I can . . . . "

Back