The Post Whatever Thread

mhBiiFd.png

First we can't see a large percentage of our Universe

Now it seems the Galaxies we think we see may not be that many

New measurements of that weak background glow show that the unseen galaxies are less plentiful than some theoretical studies suggested, numbering only in the hundreds of billions rather than the previously reported two trillion galaxies.

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/new-horizons-spacecraft-answers-question-how-dark-is-space

:)

Mr. and Mrs. Mustard have six daughters and each daughter has one brother. How many people are in the Mustard family?

I got this one wrong. :rolleye: Then, you learn the answer and you're like...ahhh, of course.

Mr. and Mrs. Mustard have six daughters and each daughter has one brother. How many people are in the Mustard family?

I got this one wrong. :rolleye: Then, you learn the answer and you're like...ahhh, of course.
Mr. and Mrs. Mustard, 6 daughters and 1 son...?

Yep! Good job :smile:
Thanks, Wegs.
I was addicted to Martin Gardner's Mathematical Games column in Scientific American Magazine.
Simply type " Martin Gardner's Mathematical Games " into your favorite 'Search Engine'...then...diversion...fun...brain sweat...are all sure to ensue...!!!

Thanks, Wegs.
I was addicted to Martin Gardner's Mathematical Games column in Scientific American Magazine.
Simply type " Martin Gardner's Mathematical Games " into your favorite 'Search Engine'...then...diversion...fun...brain sweat...are all sure to ensue...!!!
I’m not much of a math whiz but I like these brain teasers. ;)

Last edited:
:frown: Way too easy.
...for some, for others, maybe not so easy.
At any rate, for the better part of thirty years I looked forward to Martin Gardners writings/games/puzzles in Scientific American every month.

Like I told Wegs, DaveC426913, if you have not already done so : Simply type " Martin Gardner's Mathematical Games " into your favorite 'Search Engine'...then...diversion...fun...brain sweat...are all sure to ensue...!!!

Looks like rain today. Sometimes I like dreary days, clouds blocking the sun...and a cup of hot tea.

Let's try a riddle.

I have six eggs. I broke two, I've fried two and I ate two. How many eggs are left?

Last edited:
Back