The Post Whatever Thread

I used to live in Calgary......:eek:

Then enjoyed the variety of an entry-port, Vancouver, still one of my favorite habitats.

Vancouver would be the best Canadian city to move to but I wouldn't move to Canada. It's like the U.S. in the 50's. I like going to Vancouver Island for the diving. The people are nice but provincial.

Moving anywhere from Tampa would probably be a step up but it all depends on why you want to move. It's crowded most anyplace that is nice to live in. That's how it works.:)

Outside Vegas is popular. The West in general is the better area to live in, in my opinion. Drier weather, people are more live and let live, little humidity. As you know Canada is COLD. Very few people actually move from the U.S. to Canada.

Arizona outside (north) of Phoenix is nice. Utah is nice but boring (and fairly expensive). Move to Texas (not my choice). Plenty of choices there.

I do understand Americans all to well.

After the two minute mark, it's when things get very intellectual.

Vancouver would be the best Canadian city to move to but I wouldn't move to Canada. It's like the U.S. in the 50's.

This was the US in the 50's?

city-vancouver-canada-600w-156352274.jpg

I have done a bit of research on my ancestry and I have learned a lot. I was interested in continuing my research. I was wondering what websites and resources are trending for researching your ancestry in 2020.

Last edited:
This was the US in the 50's?

city-vancouver-canada-600w-156352274.jpg
If you drive to Vancouver and go outside of the city, the highways (for example) feel more like the U.S. before the Interstate System with a lot of 2 lane roads.

Outside of the major cities it's more provincial, the 50's part was a slight exaggeration. Vancouver is a beautiful city. Interest mainly in hockey and beer does seem to apply to a lot of the population (again not literally but the concept is recognizable).

350 pound buck
(that's 159 kilos for those who think in kilos)
(or 25 stone)
brought down by a 1/3 oz projectile
ok
I still find that amazing
and, then
I think ft.lbs. of energy
and it seems
that the kinetic energy of the 150 grain bullet was much more of a match than when it was just potential energy
anyway
venison steaks for supper
:biggrin:

Back