The Post Whatever Thread

Lol what? :smile:

There are threads showing that I’ve posted in but not recently, under “new posts.” But under recent posts, when I’m logged out, I can see all the most recent posts, by timeframe. I don’t understand why it doesn’t show it that same way under “new posts” when logged in. :?
I just explained it. :)

Recent posts are today's posts. New posts are posts that are new to you. That's what cookies are for. When you log in it "knows" who you are and only shows you posts that you haven't (clicked on) and read.

I just explained it. :)

Recent posts are today's posts. New posts are posts that are new to you. That's what cookies are for. When you log in it "knows" who you are and only shows you posts that you haven't (clicked on) and read.
Ah, gotcha. Okay. So new posts (when logged in) means new to me.

Sometimes, I wonder what goes through one of my friend’s minds when posting stuff on FB. Endless posts supporting Trump, worshiping Trump, etc...

And so many “likes,” which only encourages more of those posts. :mad:

Sometimes, I wonder what goes through one of my friend’s minds when posting stuff on FB. Endless posts supporting Trump, worshiping Trump, etc...

It's a virulent epidemic.

Facebook is an interesting thing and it affects many people in many different ways.

Some people have to take a break from FB it stresses them out so much. There are people who post every time they go to the bathroom, so only do political posts, some only repost articles.

The good thing about FB to me is that you can set it up to only do what you want it to do. People who only post about politics, about their business (real estate agents) or who only argue on FB just get put on "snooze for 30 days" or on "hidden".

I have 3rd party software that removes all ads and can even be set up to "hide" all posts about Trump or that involve any other keyword.

Facebook is an interesting thing and it affects many people in many different ways.

Some people have to take a break from FB it stresses them out so much. There are people who post every time they go to the bathroom, so only do political posts, some only repost articles.

The good thing about FB to me is that you can set it up to only do what you want it to do. People who only post about politics, about their business (real estate agents) or who only argue on FB just get put on "snooze for 30 days" or on "hidden".

I have 3rd party software that removes all ads and can even be set up to "hide" all posts about Trump or that involve any other keyword.

Are you a wizard? I need to learn your tricks.

I usually only posted humorous stuff, but occasionally had to be political... it cost me my farcebook page. I reported a news ad for being false news. within 20 minutes my profile was removed because I have my military call sign in my profile name. years and years of posting and I get banned because I report something that is false.

Here is the funniest part of all that: when I initially set up my profile way back when farcebook started, I used my real name and they refused to accept tribal ID as being a legitimate form of ID, so I made a second profile under my military call sign and nothing was ever challenged.

And so many “likes,” which only encourages more of those posts.
everyone has their own opinions - it would be boring if we all thought the same.

check your settings: you can mute a person or just unfollow them. it doesn't require unfriending but it should thin your feed out. I don't know what mechanism you're using to do farcebook (phone, laptop, etc) but you can also use the settings to determine who's feed you see first.

Back