The Post Whatever Thread

Preparing for a huge presentation today and feeling anxious. I’ve done this presentation [very well] a few times and my boss has been present, so why am I nervous?

Not having any emotions would be very helpful right now. :(

have you got your lucky undies on ?
powerpuff-girls-wallpaper-new_f9aj.910.jpg

anxiety levels are heavily influenced by brain chemistry and emotions.
simply by having an unprocessed emotion that has nagged on your mind connected to some conversation with a friend, can occasionally hinge on something that is self reflective.
going through such mental preparation to set your self up can rub up against such an unresolved or contentious issue.
this is called mindfulness, being aware of influential emotional content.
you identify the nature of the emotion, then identify the nature of the contrast, then set it aside to deal with later when your de-stressing-unpacking-reviewing your day/afternoon/presentation.

That's why it's best to be a sociopath in the corporate world! :)
if sociopaths do lunch, do they care what time of day it is ? :D

Lol! That’s funny, but true. :oops:

... and would you trade that in for never once feeling like your walking on air and everybody loves you and wants you around them ?
would you trade that in for never feeling like your surfing the inspirational amazement and energy of your audience seeking/searching & discovering something that makes them get that ah-ha moment ?

probly not right

life is like a toilet(washroom)
almost everyone wants to have it in pristine shiny clean condition to use, but very few want to clean it
emotions are like that.

No posts in here since Tuesday? Someone must have something to say :oops:

... and would you trade that in for never once feeling like your walking on air and everybody loves you and wants you around them ?
would you trade that in for never feeling like your surfing the inspirational amazement and energy of your audience seeking/searching & discovering something that makes them get that ah-ha moment ?

probly not right

life is like a toilet(washroom)
almost everyone wants to have it in pristine shiny clean condition to use, but very few want to clean it
emotions are like that.
Hmm. Can I think about it? :rolleye:

Preparing for a huge presentation today and feeling anxious. I’ve done this presentation [very well] a few times and my boss has been present, so why am I nervous?

Not having any emotions would be very helpful right now. :(

It is normal to be anxious before a big presentation, or any event in front of people that you have spent time preparing for. How did it go?

Hmm. Can I think about it? :rolleye:

no take backs and you get nothing for free

last chance cafe with seats for those who are spending only

are you spending ?
... or are you being spent
are you staying for free
or paying the rent
who is the rent earner paying the land
putting human rights on a stool, for you to sit or stand ?

have you asked for a freebee
maybe taken whats not yours
pushed on the border or asked for a pause
are your feelings really true
do you take all that's yours

your still on the ride
did you pay for the pause ?

... "thinking is a different Service, let me get the menu for you"
41nm2e1wATL._SX466_.jpg

Yep, noticed that ^^

Plus classless, trashy posts in some threads. It's like why post that on a science forum? Makes me want to take another hiatus. :oops:

Walking down the street today with the wind blowing in my face, from behind me and against this headwind flys a bumblebee. I was impressed, here is a little thing weighting perhaps less than a tissue paper and yet making forward progress. Wow.

Watched the first three episodes of the series Chernobyl, on HBO. All I can say is ...wow. :frown: I've read about this story, but when you actually visualize the magnitude of what happened (and probably far worse in reality, than a series can capture), and the implications of it all, it's difficult to watch.

Last edited:
Watched the first three episodes of the series Chernobyl, on HBO. All I can say is ...wow. :frown: I've read about this story, but when you actually visualize the magnitude of what happened (and probably far worse in reality, than a series can capture), and the implications of it all, it's difficult to watch.
I have the 5 episodes but not watched yet

When did AsstDip class given Chernobyl assignment to write up accident report (I got 98%)

Didn't send us to Russia so research from available reports

Will be interesting to see what matches what class wrote about and what in series

:)

Back