The Post Whatever Thread

<------just saw to have and have not again
dpvrvu2odv36ujmuhuku.jpeg

I guess for the same reason we don't all live underground to avoid asteroid impacts. Or stop building cities on dormant volcanoes.

Events may be catastrophic - but if they're not imminent, that correlates with low relevance to every day life.

i understand your point and agree with your fundamental principal of normative human value association as a general group behavior.

you elucidate my finer meaning
the usefulness of an emergency item that is unable to be utilized in its framed emergency situation.

What to say? What to say...? I don't want you to lose sleep over it.
Yes, let's not. :) We'll have to agree to disagree.

In other news, I had a great time out with friends and coworkers tonight...TGIF! :smile:

At most, only one of these statements can be true, because if two were true they would contradict one another.

Suppose 5 is true. But in that case it would contradict itself, so 5 must be false.
Suppose, then, that 4 is true. If all the others are false, there's no inconsistency with what 4 asserts.
Suppose that 3 is true. That means that 3 is asserting that 2 statements are true. But that's impossible, because they would be making contradictory claims.
Similarly for 2 and 1.

Therefore, 4 must be true, and the rest false.

Right?

In computer logic, I believe, you can sometimes have more than one statement about something in a list that can be true. For example, if x = 5 and you have three statements about x, the first statement saying x == 6, the second statement saying x == 5, and a third statement saying x < 10, the last two statements are both true, and the first statement is false.

I may have saved a turtle's life today. I went out for a run, and saw a turtle crawling in the middle of the road. Waited for the cars to pass by, I walked behind him, and nudged him towards the edge of the road, and then picked him up. I didn't realize their shells are so mossy. Placed him in the grass, and he went on his way.

He was slippery, I almost dropped him. :oops:

Last edited:
Well good on you :)

I got a pic today of the mama bird an her little one that i saved... an they doin fine :)

Was it a box turtle or a snappin turtle.???

:smile: Thanks. He looked like this:

1IHoCJg.jpg

But, his shell was slippery and mossy.

Looks like its a Florida Red bellied turtle accordin to google... the last one i helped across the road was a snappin turtle... first i put leather gloves on an held as near the back end as i coud.!!!

The video is a guy bit by a snappin turtle.!!!

In computer logic, I believe, you can sometimes have more than one statement about something in a list that can be true. For example, if x = 5 and you have three statements about x, the first statement saying x == 6, the second statement saying x == 5, and a third statement saying x < 10, the last two statements are both true, and the first statement is false.
Sure, because X< 10 holds true for multiple values.

In the riddle, that would be the equivalent of "at least 3 of these statements are false." which does not exclude other statements' truth/falsehood.
But the riddle doesn't do that. It makes 5 statements that are all exclusive of other statements.

Going to experiment with photography this afternoon, maybe in the rain. I've never taken nature pics in the rain. :smile:

Back