The Post Whatever Thread

https://asmruniversity.com/about-asmr/what-is-asmr/

So, I have an phone app that has “ASMR” sounds and one of them is titled “busy city streets.” It’s interesting what types of sounds relax people. It’s not bad, it’s just not relaxing to me.

This app also has a choice for “jet cabin,” which is one of my favorites. The gentle humming, consistent undertone of conversations, and muffled sounds that you’d typically hear on a plane…is quite calming.

Do certain everyday sounds relax you? Whirring buzz of a ceiling fan? Washing machine? Rain slapping against your window at night? Thunder in the distance? Ocean waves crashing against the shoreline?

Fireworks? Actually, I have a friend who finds fireworks to be …soothing.

The sound of a window air conditioner. I've turned mine on and then put a quilt on to sleep. It's right by the headboard of my bed.

The sound of a window air conditioner. I've turned mine on and then put a quilt on to sleep. It's right by the headboard of my bed.
That sounds like it would be soothing.

Until discovering it on this app, I also like the sound of a crackling camp fire. lol!

That sounds like it would be soothing.

Until discovering it on this app, I also like the sound of a crackling camp fire. lol!
I tried some of those "soothing" recordings once but most find a way to be annoying (to me). The surf sounds are nice until you try to sleep and then there is an unusually loud one. With rain it either gets loud or there is thunder (loud).

In reality there is nothing better than sleeping at the beach with the surf rolling in but in those recordings it's not usually nearly as nice.

I tried some of those "soothing" recordings once but most find a way to be annoying (to me). The surf sounds are nice until you try to sleep and then there is an unusually loud one. With rain it either gets loud or there is thunder (loud).

In reality there is nothing better than sleeping at the beach with the surf rolling in but in those recordings it's not usually nearly as nice.

That’s so true, especially the waves sound. There is a really loud whoosh and it seems out of place. I don't care for the rain sounds, they all sound the same, but nothing like a rain storm at night, with the occasional thunder boom in the distance. So, yea the real thing is always better.

https://asmruniversity.com/about-asmr/what-is-asmr/

So, I have an phone app that has “ASMR” sounds and one of them is titled “busy city streets.” It’s interesting what types of sounds relax people. It’s not bad, it’s just not relaxing to me.

This app also has a choice for “jet cabin,” which is one of my favorites. The gentle humming, consistent undertone of conversations, and muffled sounds that you’d typically hear on a plane…is quite calming.

Do certain everyday sounds relax you? Whirring buzz of a ceiling fan? Washing machine? Rain slapping against your window at night? Thunder in the distance? Ocean waves crashing against the shoreline?

Fireworks? Actually, I have a friend who finds fireworks to be …soothing.

yes
mostly all of the above except for some types of computerised jazz

favs are rain, thunderstorms and waves & some types of machines

Another way of saying ''batty'' in British slang. ''Crackers.'' I'll have to tell her that someone on the internet thinks she's crackers. lol

Hi,

Latin alphabet
x - native (became)
j, w - new
y, z - Greek

English alphabet
x, y, j, w - native (became)
z - still feels odd

... , x, y, z

= = =

Aryan
https://www.etymonline.com/search?q=aryan

= = =

English - German - Russian (- Latin)

In some aspects English and Russian are exactly the same and in some aspects they are the exact opposites.
German is between.

Even subjunctive and conditionals.

= = =

Whatever-English-word does not have whatever word-ending.
Forget gender (with its endings), Dative and Instrumental are everywhere.

Nouns have Grammatical case endings, verbs have verb endings.
= = =

About two thirds of English words are Latin or broken Latin - French.
/English is a heavily latinised native language/

Demonstrative pronouns everywhere are used as Definitive articles (placed before or at the end of a word).
/far in time, one knows the thing/

= = =

Looks like this site comes alive late at night …into the early morning hours. (Eastern time, that is) lol

That feeling when you’re in the wrong timezone. :rolleye:

When there's a TV promo that says something is on at "ten o'clock eastern, eight central", I know it's on at nine my time.

Who am I to argue?

I would

Your in the wrong timezone place

Here in Australia the Northern Territory Darwin we don't have to worry about messing with timezones and changing clocks. That's for other parts of Australia

I only have to think about timezone when I chat with or go Bali which is 1½ hours behind Darwin. Off there soon for 4 weeks and catching up with 4 friends

:)

Back