The Mark of the Beast

laika: we aim to please. a lunatic's a lunatic no matter what his delusion is.

adstar: please demonstrate to me my lack of understanding, and where my pride is blocking me from admitting that. believe me, the first thing i do when i don't understand something is seek clarification.

Places like Sci Forums where there is a lot of hatred for God and especially followers of Jesus.

How can there be hatred towards that which has not been shown to exist? That would be the same as stating one hates Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny.

If in my whole life i am used by God to bring just one Oasis to produce food (saved by Jesus) then my life will not have been in vain. Someone has to do it.

No, you nor anyone else need do it. Preaching is not for what these forums were intended.

there can be hatred towards concepts, Q. the hatred expressed 'towards God' is generally more expressed towards the belief in God.

it would be much the same as a parent expressing distaste towards the idea of teaching children that there is a Santa Claus.

Good doctor, I would agree with you there, although I wonder if that was his intent.

good point. no, i don't suppose that it was. but i think he's merely describing a phenomenon in inaccurate terms more than making an inaccurate statement of itself.

Lori_7 said:
I never did understand the logic behind this candidate. Maybe you could explain. What does electronic funds transfer systems have to do with salvation and rebirth in Christ? Are you assuming that you'll have to deny Christ in order to buy or sell something? What if someone lies just to get what they need? It just seems like it would have to involve a lot more than that. What about the circumstances surrounding such a system? What about chips used to locate missing animals...what about children? How is wanting to locate a missing child denying Christ? You may be relying more on man/machine instead of Him in this particular circumstance...but how could that constitute a complete denial and rejection? I think it's an example of a degree of denial, but not something that would warrant the title "the mark of the beast".

Yes i could explain and i did, but my post was deleted. ;) What does that tell you. :D

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

dr cello said:
it tells me that people have had a lot of posts get deleted recently.

but do you see a meaning behind the events. does the outer expression reveal to you an inner truth?

adstar said:
What does that tell you.
Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

Adstar said:
Yes i could explain and i did, but my post was deleted. ;) What does that tell you. :D

well thanks for trying...the site switched servers overnight and some stuff was lost.

lori said:
well thanks for trying...the site switched servers overnight and some stuff was lost.

are you sure it was'nt

ellion said:
Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

Lori 7 Well i do not know now what to do. I might try and re-do that post. Maybe it was the server change? If there was a server change? Whatever.

The Mountains they have built their bunkers under will not fall on them and save them from the wrath of the returning Messiah. They will long to die but they will not be able to even commit suicide. Just 10 verses before:

Revelation 9:6
In those days men will seek death and will not find it; they will desire to die, and death will flee from them.

Just like the movie Ground Hog Day, but without a happy ending.

Last edited:
Lori 7 reply Mk. 2

G'Day Lori 7. I am going to give it another try.

Lori_7 said:
I never did understand the logic behind this candidate. Maybe you could explain. What does electronic funds transfer systems have to do with salvation and rebirth in Christ?

Very little. But what is very significant is the process people will have to go through to qualify for the Mark. The Mark of the beast is a satanic reward for worship given to the Beast.

Lets read the scripture so we can get some context and a handle on the sequence of events leading up to the mark of the beast:

Revelation 13
11 Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth, and he had two horns like a lamb and spoke like a dragon. ( Oh as an interesting side issue note how the beast coming up out of the earth has horns like a "lamb" this verse is talking about the false prophet, A leader of a false religion, a counterfit of the true lamb. Now lets see what he does) 12 And he exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence, and causes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. 13 He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men. 14 And he deceives those who dwell on the earth by those signs which he was granted to do in the sight of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who was wounded by the sword and lived. 15 He was granted power to give breath to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak and cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed. 16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, 17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

So before the mention of the mark of the beast people will be tested by being required to worship the beast. If the fail to worship him then they will be killed. See by worshiping the beast as God on earth, and that is the claim the beast will make (He will claim to be God) then they will be calling Evil Good. Remember Lori how the pharisees blasphemed the Holy Spirit by saying that Jesus did his signs by the power of the king of the demons? They where calling Good Evil. What’s worse Calling Good Evil or calling Evil Good?

Are you assuming that you'll have to deny Christ in order to buy or sell something?

Yes Lori that's exactly what i am saying. If one is going to worship the image of the beast then of course they will have denied Christ.

What if someone lies just to get what they need?

Lori God assures us that only those who have rejected the Love of the truth will be deceived by the anti-christ and his false prophet.

2 Thessalonians 2
9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,

Scripture assures us that God will only cause those who have rejected the Love of the Truth to be deceived. I believe those that believe in false religion will believe the Anti-Christ is the returned Messiah Jesus.

Lori you posted about that "Rock Star" that received a mark? Whatever He received (and i am not saying it was not evil) but what ever it was, it was not the true Mark of the Beast:

Revelation 13
16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, 17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

If He did have the Mark of the Beast you would not be able to buy or sell anything, Because you do not have that Mark.

Lori you also said that the "Rock Star" was saved from the Mark. No one can be saved once they have received the mark of the beast. Revelation states:

Revelation 14
9 Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10 he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.11 And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”

So Lori the mark of the beast is the last step in a sequence, those that worship the beast will have no problems in taking the mark. Because they will be given over to deception and the deception will be very convincing indeed.

adstar, it seems to me you also worship an evil god. given what you say, you are worshipping a beast.

Which reminds me... christians go on about how they worship a 'good' god and how he is perfectly good.... what if it is just the opposite and they've been deceived all along (of course it would mean that I'm wrong about there not being a god)? What if their god is perfectly evil?

It would sure explain all the evil in the world and the evil acts carried out in the name of the Abrahamic cults.

Assume there is a God. (for the sake of the argument)

Assume God has a soul. (this is reasonable, otherwise, what is God then?)

Assume God's soul is somewhat like ours. (if God has somehow had a finger in forming us after knowledge on what God knows of God's soul self)

WE CAN LOVE. (otherwise why would there be a word like love)

Therefore God can love. (like us, remember)

When a soul practices goodness, other souls form soul love for that soul. (this is an important observation)

If one practices goodness, God's love will happen. (like us, remember)

When everything seems hard cruel and hopeless, love is the answer. (everything becomes so much simpler with love; prosperity and cooperation follows love)

Therefore for your own good in this world and the divine, practice goodness. (conclution)

Back