The, differences ,between ,Christianity and Islam

THREE gods. And you are willing to accept that. You know, I also accepted that until I stopped reading comic books and realized there can only be one God. It's a very simple concept- there is only one God.
One god. And you are willing to accept that. You know, I also accepted that until I stopped reading comic books and realized there are no Gods. It's a very simple concept- there is no God.

There's as much good evidence of God as there is of Xenu. A simple fact.

As for Islam, it's simply one of the branches of Christianity that didn't believe in the divinity of Jesus. Many many wars were fought over the concept of trinity. Lets face it, people are superstitious idiots. In a thousand years some morons will probably be blowing up some other morons over the number of thetans a person can accomidate. I can see it now: Xānu Akbar!!!! *BOOM*

THREE gods. And you are willing to accept that.

Accept that about who?

I don't mind people believing in three gods in any religion - while you do - but Christianity isn't polytheistic. Period. :shrug: Nor do I believe in three gods.

So, now tell me why one god makes more sense than three. Go on. Should be an easy logical premise. You know, for supernatural beings and all.

You know, I also accepted that until I stopped reading comic books and realized there can only be one God. It's a very simple concept- there is only one God.

That's great - now prove why.

the one that works so well because it's true.
all "real" religions come down monotheistic, the fact that present day christianity isn't says something load and clear.

Classic, abject religious bigotry and falsehood. I would expect you to be ashamed of yourself, but I know that you are not.

is jesus god?
is the father a god?
is the holy spirit a god?

All manifestations of the same being. Are you your internet handle? Are you just a chatroom fanatic? Are you a Tunisian who lives underwater? How can you be all these separate things? Surely I must interpret you as three people. It cannot be otherwise.

End of story.

and notice that while one can have many names labeling different sides of him, having multiple names for one side means there are multiple persons.
i can be me the brother, me the student, and me scifes, doesn't mean i'm three

Correct. Finally.

BESIDES, how can god the one the father and son of both himselfs??????

You're really asking a divine being to conform to your expectations of reality here?

How can God make, I don't know, the known universe? How can He do all that?????? And so forth.

and the word "father" when applied to humans requires a "mother", so why isn't mary a god too?

Explain logically why she would have to be.

and if the holy spirit is like the soul of god[i.e jesus and father] then why add it to the trinity to begin with?

Why not?

it's there in the first place? then comes the question of why a tri-nity? why not four-nity or five-ty? surly god has more aspects to him than 3?

Perhaps because He has three major aspects, specifically? The Creator, the Saviour, the Giver of life. Which additional aspects do you think He should embrace? The "Merciful", perhaps? The "All-knowing"?

Basically you and jmpet come off like rednecks, I hope you realize.

because in islam we say god has 99 names, as in "the all powerful" "the all seeing" etc etc

Good heavens. Islam has 99 gods? And you talk about other people's alleged polytheism. How hypocritical.

, but those don't give birth to each other, nor they act independently

Funny thing: here I'd thought that Islamists believed that everything was part of some grand "plan". If so, how are the aspects you describe in Christianity actually indepedent? And as for your religion, how can Allah be "Merciful" at the same time as he's "Vengeful", and so forth? Surely these must be different gods altogether. I recommend you reject this nonsensical polytheism of yours and come back to monotheism. (I have it on good authority that the latter is more doctrinal; see below.)

yes they are.
polytheisms are more philosophy than doctrine. i.e, seem more to be made up.

You haven't successfully demonstrated your case here. Is philosophy "better" than doctrine? Why? Why should I think polytheism made up and not monotheism? Explain.

who said god isn't powerful enough to be outside our direct experience of identity?

You, when you put limitations on what God's supposed to be able to be. According to you, He cannot have three aspects: a concept, I note, outside our experience of identity. I thought that was a no-no in your religion?

because three gods are not one god.
you have to fix your mind, three or one?

Scifes, it is and always has been one. Anything else is your propaganda, based on your prejudices. And I would think that you actually know this. :shrug:

And as for jmpet: if you're done preaching, try some debate. Knock your head together with scifes and see if you can justify his ludicrous positions.

Technically our fathers here on earth are our Gods too because without their sperm we would not exist. Then we are faced with the dilemma of who\where\how did "God" come to be. Who made God?

It's not that God avoids being apart from creation, face it God is not part of His creation. :shrug:

When we as humans reproduce, are we not creating life?

As a parent, I certainly want to be a part of my creation.

Would you look at that the audacity of thinking you are the creator of your child.

Then who created my child?

Without me, my child is never born.

You think the FSM created my kids? That's audacity.

To say the least even after you've impregnated someone do you think the fertilized egg can really becaome anything at all without God creating it into something.

To say the least even after you've impregnated someone do you think the fertilized egg can really becaome anything at all without God creating it into something.

Uhh yeah. So by your logic, this "God" creates EVERYTHING is that correct?

Because if so, he created every plague known to man.

Or is it, he only creates the good stuff, and we create the bad?

“ Originally Posted by AlexG
Odin, Loki, Thor and Freya would disagree. ”

"made up gods by definition".

They're all made up by definition. Including Jesus.

Back