The difference between Christian God and Allah

Much of the old Testament is already incorporated in the Quran.
saying that, is like saying that you believe the 3rd-hand story is better than the original, even though they took liberties, with you know, the story-line, the characters, who are the claimed authors, locations; its like the screenplay version, you know like, when Shakespeare’s "Romeo & Juliet" becomes "West Side Story", written by Klingons

I read the Bible, the original is a better version

Surah Ibrahim is the story of Abraham.
just reading this surah, tells me that its the short muslim version, wonder why there is no mention that Abraham's birth name was Abram, that God changed it for a reason (as me why), and it's real funny, but Abraham would have been surprised to know he was a muslim from Mekkah, putting the kaaba up, he might have had a prob here, seeing he was an Aramean pastoralist originally from Ur, to Haran, then to Palestine
see here:
http://www.ebibleteacher.com/batlasweb/sld012.htm

here is the muslim “version” of the “truth":
http://www.al-sunnah.com/call_to_islam/quran/surah14.html
35. And (remember) when Ibrâhim (Abraham) said: "O my Lord! Make this city (Makkah) one of peace and security, and keep me and my sons away from worshipping idols.

36. "O my Lord! They have indeed led astray many among mankind. But whoso follows me, he verily is of me. And whoso disobeys me, - still You are indeed Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

37. "O our Lord! I have made some of my offspring to dwell in an uncultivable valley by Your Sacred House (the Ka'bah at Makkah); in order, O our Lord, that they may perform As-Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât), so fill some hearts among men with love towards them, and (O Allâh) provide them with fruits so that they may give thanks.

38. "O our Lord! Certainly, You know what we conceal and what we reveal. Nothing on the earth or in the heaven is hidden from Allâh.

39. "All the praises and thanks be to Allâh, Who has given me in old age Ismâ'il (Ishmael) and Ishâque (Isaac). Verily! My Lord is indeed the All-Hearer of invocations.

40. "O my Lord! Make me one who performs As-Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât), and (also) from my offspring, our Lord! And accept my invocation.

41. "Our Lord! Forgive me and my parents, and (all) the believers on the Day when the reckoning will be established."

42. Consider not that Allâh is unaware of that which the Zâlimûn (polytheists, wrong-doers, etc.) do, but He gives them respite up to a Day when the eyes will stare in horror.

There are also David, Solomon, Moses, Jesus, Mary.
Would help if the quran was more accurate about them, but it looks like heavy-duty editing is being done for the english-version, to erase the obvious errors

Sura 19:27-28 was changed for American consumption, use to read "sister of Aaron"
http://www.submission.org/suras/sura19.htm
[19:16] Mention in the scripture Mary. She isolated herself from her family, into an eastern location.

[19:17] While a barrier separated her from them, we sent to her our Spirit. He went to her in the form of a human being.

[19:18] She said, "I seek refuge in the Most Gracious, that you may be righteous."

[19:19] He said, "I am the messenger of your Lord, to grant you a pure son."

[19:20] She said, "How can I have a son, when no man has touched me; I have never been unchaste."

[19:21] He said, "Thus said your Lord, `It is easy for Me. We will render him a sign for the people, and mercy from us. This is a predestined matter.' "

The Birth of Jesus

[19:22] When she bore him, she isolated herself to a faraway place.

[19:23] The birth process came to her by the trunk of a palm tree. She said, "(I am so ashamed;) I wish I were dead before this happened, and completely forgotten."

[19:24] (The infant) called her from beneath her, saying, "Do not grieve. Your Lord has provided you with a stream.

[19:25] "If you shake the trunk of this palm tree, it will drop ripe dates for you.

*19:25 Thus, Jesus was born in late September or early October. This is when dates ripen in the Middle East to the point of falling off the tree.
1599 92726

[19:26] "Eat and drink, and be happy. When you see anyone, say, `I have made a vow of silence [to the Most Gracious]*; I am not talking today to anyone.' ' ____________
* 19:26 The statement [to the Most Gracious] occurs in the Original Arabic Quran after "vow of silence" and is not included in the English translation. (submission.org editorial change)

[19:27] She came to her family, carrying him. They said, "O Mary, you have committed something that is totally unexpected.

[19:28] "O descendant of Aaron, your father was not a bad man, nor was your mother unchaste."

The Infant Makes a Statement

[19:29] She pointed to him. They said, "How can we talk with an infant in the crib?"

[19:30] (The infant spoke and) said, "I am a servant of GOD. He has given me the scripture, and has appointed me a prophet.

[19:31] "He made me blessed wherever I go, and enjoined me to observe the Contact Prayers (Salat) and the obligatory charity (Zakat) for as long as I live.

[19:32] "I am to honor my mother; He did not make me a disobedient rebel.

[19:33] And peace be upon me the day I was born, the day I die, and the day I get resurrected.
"
Note verses 19:26,19:30-33 in BOLD, that the infant Jesus forgets his vow of silence so easily

Muslims believe in all the Prophets of the Bible.
if that were true they'd be Christian muslims, or at least Jewish muslims

Gordon,

The C god is considered to have three personalities - father, son, spirit, all with difference tasks to perform. This scheme was created by Cs around 300CE in an attempt to overcome the apparent paradox that there can be only one god yet Jesus is also meant to be god.

This perspective of a one god is a fundamental departure to the OT god that is shared by Judaism and Islam.

This is not factually correct. The concept of the trinity goes back to the earliest church and is explicitly taught in the New Testament. It was not invented around the 300 'to overcome an apparent paradox'. All that was done by the official adoption of the wording of the Creed was to put the official stamp of approval on what had been orthodoxy all along. There had been dissenters to the concept of the trinity back to earliest times and that was why this was necessary but the orthodoxy was always that of the trinity not the other way round. This can be checked by careful resarch of documents and statements of the early church fathers and by the scriptures themselves.

Whilst the Old Testament is not so explicit, there are many passages which can only be explained by a Holy Trinity. The Holy Spirit makes an entrance right at the beginning of Genesis in Chapter1 verse 2, 'and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.' This and other passeges are difficult to explain unless the 'Spirit' represented some special facet or person of the Godhead. If it was just God, why no say so and if the Spriit is just an impersonal force of God (as always contended by the Aryan heretics right up to JW's etc. today), the passage makes very little sense at all.

In regard to the Son, there was very little agreement amongst Jews as to the attributes of the anticipated Messiah, hence Jesus problem in explaining who he was. Clearly many Jews could accept the trinity as they were almost all of the first christians. Saul of course clearly believes in the trinity and he was previously a Jewish religious leader (probably a Pharisee).

Regards,

Gordon.

Back