The difference between Christian God and Allah

how jesus get into mary's womb? magic?
how did god create the earth in 7 days? create eve from a rib?
magic?

so you believe in magic?

hahaha

Hi again SetAlpha6.

As i was reading your post something that you said before came back to me. And after i finished the last post i had a go at finding it. It is very interesting in relation to what you are saying now, i give it now so that you will remember.

Thank you for the reminder, Adstar, I thought you might remember that, but this really does not directly apply to the scripture we have been talking about. My Dad was really healed. He believes that God healed him. And I believe that this is a real possibility. There is no way I can know for sure one way or the other. It was a very personal thing for him. Why would God heal my dad and not someone else? I don't know!

My dad was not, however, healed by a "worker of miracles", a person who is capable of working miracles. He was not even healed by someone who has the "gift" of healing.

I still believe in God. And He could easily heal my dad if He wanted to. I just no longer believe that the Bible is inspired, accurate, true, or represents Him.

Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
and how do you believe in abiogenesis?

:rolleyes:
No one "believes" in abiogenesis, idiot. It's a working theory that provides a starting place to investigate the origins of life. Moron. Too bad I'm on this dolts ignore list. Or maybe not.

It's amazing the ADHD demonstrated by LG and those who continue to engage him.

Thank you for the reminder, Adstar, I thought you might remember that, but this really does not directly apply to the scripture we have been talking about. My Dad was really healed. He believes that God healed him. And I believe that this is a real possibility. There is no way I can know for sure one way or the other. It was a very personal thing for him. Why would God heal my dad and not someone else? I don't know!

My dad was not, however, healed by a "worker of miracles", a person who is capable of working miracles. He was not even healed by someone who has the "gift" of healing.

I still believe in God. And He could easily heal my dad if He wanted to. I just no longer believe that the Bible is inspired, accurate, true, or represents Him.

Thanks anyway.

You know something just came to me. People seem to always think that someone has the power to heal others. It seems that lots of people seem to think that the person who heals has been given a power that they control and use when they will to use it. But the truth is No human has ever had the power to do any of these miracles. The power is Gods and He only uses the supposed healers as doors for his healing powers to flow to the receiver.

So i am thinking that this is the big problem. Once people start to think that the power comes from the man rather than God then would not God turn the power off? If people are glorifying men because of a sign then it is very wrong. All Glory and recognition should go to God.

Acts 14
8 And in Lystra a certain man without strength in his feet was sitting, a cripple from his mother’s womb, who had never walked. 9 This man heard Paul speaking. Paul, observing him intently and seeing that he had faith to be healed, 10 said with a loud voice, “Stand up straight on your feet!” And he leaped and walked. 11 Now when the people saw what Paul had done, they raised their voices, saying in the Lycaonian language, “The gods have come down to us in the likeness of men!” 12 And Barnabas they called Zeus, and Paul, Hermes, because he was the chief speaker. 13 Then the priest of Zeus, whose temple was in front of their city, brought oxen and garlands to the gates, intending to sacrifice with the multitudes.
14 But when the apostles Barnabas and Paul heard this, they tore their clothes and ran in among the multitude, crying out 15 and saying, “Men, why are you doing these things? We also are men with the same nature as you,

I will liken it to a light bulb. An un-knowledgeable person sees another person reach for a switch and then like magic the light bulb shines. The un-knowledgeable person marvels at the switch thinking that the source of the light is that little button on the wall. People who have knowledge know that the switch is nothing compared to the massive multi megawatt power station that is the actual source of the power that makes the light shine. The switch is just a point of transference for the power not the source.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

"we really don't know what the Earth was like three or four billion years ago. So there are all sorts of theories and speculations. The major uncertainty concerns what the atmosphere was like. This is a major area of dispute" -Miller

"there are several tenable theories abou tthe origin or organic material on the primitive earth, but in no case is the evidence compelling. Similarly several alternative scenarios might account for the self organization of a self replicating entity from pre-biotic organic material, but all of those that are well formulated are based on a hypothetical chemical synthesis that are problematic"
- Leslie Orgel "The origin of life - a review of facts and speculations"

Brilliant. Some scienticsts agree that the origin of life is still unknown. Fucking brilliant.

You know something just came to me. People seem to always think that someone has the power to heal others. It seems that lots of people seem to think that the person who heals has been given a power that they control and use when they will to use it. But the truth is No human has ever had the power to do any of these miracles. The power is Gods and He only uses the supposed healers as doors for his healing powers to flow to the receiver.

So i am thinking that this is the big problem. Once people start to think that the power comes from the man rather than God then would not God turn the power off? If people are glorifying men because of a sign then it is very wrong. All Glory and recognition should go to God.

Acts 14
8 And in Lystra a certain man without strength in his feet was sitting, a cripple from his mother’s womb, who had never walked. 9 This man heard Paul speaking. Paul, observing him intently and seeing that he had faith to be healed, 10 said with a loud voice, “Stand up straight on your feet!” And he leaped and walked. 11 Now when the people saw what Paul had done, they raised their voices, saying in the Lycaonian language, “The gods have come down to us in the likeness of men!” 12 And Barnabas they called Zeus, and Paul, Hermes, because he was the chief speaker. 13 Then the priest of Zeus, whose temple was in front of their city, brought oxen and garlands to the gates, intending to sacrifice with the multitudes.
14 But when the apostles Barnabas and Paul heard this, they tore their clothes and ran in among the multitude, crying out 15 and saying, “Men, why are you doing these things? We also are men with the same nature as you,

I will liken it to a light bulb. An un-knowledgeable person sees another person reach for a switch and then like magic the light bulb shines. The un-knowledgeable person marvels at the switch thinking that the source of the light is that little button on the wall. People who have knowledge know that the switch is nothing compared to the massive multi megawatt power station that is the actual source of the power that makes the light shine. The switch is just a point of transference for the power not the source.

I know and agree with all of this! But I do not think any of it explains our missing "workers of miracles". But it is only a small point, after all.

Peace!

I know and agree with all of this! But I do not think any of it explains our missing "workers of miracles". But it is only a small point, after all.

Peace!

Well i did give my thoughts on this in an earlier post. Its not that they are missing it is that they are unnecessary. Signs where to give support for the givers of the Gospel to add a stamp of authority of the Message that the Holy Spirit was giving through them. Once the Word of God is established in a community what further need for signs is there?

I have heard of healing signs happening in our times but usually they are happening in places like Africa and Asia, places that are new to the gospel message and where people who spread the Gospel need an extra stamp of approval by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Well i did give my thoughts on this in an earlier post. Its not that they are missing it is that they are unnecessary. Signs where to give support for the givers of the Gospel to add a stamp of authority of the Message that the Holy Spirit was giving through them. Once the Word of God is established in a community what further need for signs is there?

I have heard of healing signs happening in our times but usually they are happening in places like Africa and Asia, places that are new to the gospel message and where people who spread the Gospel need an extra stamp of approval by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Everyone in this forum would benefit from experiencing a personal miracle or two. They are very necessary to prove the existence of God to an individual and would be a powerful witness that what the Bible says is true. The general absence of them today makes people doubt and disbelieve. It is a very simple thing. Yes, I know the scriptural verses involved here and I still stand by this. Miracles are not unnecessary in any individual’s life. They never have been and they never will be.

Peace!

Everyone in this forum would benefit from experiencing a personal miracle or two. They are very necessary to prove the existence of God to an individual and would be a powerful witness that what the Bible says is true. The general absence of them today makes people doubt and disbelieve. It is a very simple thing. Yes, I know the scriptural verses involved here and I still stand by this. Miracles are not unnecessary in any individual’s life. They never have been and they never will be.

Peace!

You have what you need. The Words of Jesus. They are the power that God wants to move people, not magic tricks.

You want magic tricks? Do you not know that the great deceiver will be allowed to do magic tricks to deceive the worlds population.

2 Thessalonians 2
8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Yep those who have rejected The Truth will get the magic tricks they are demanding and they will proclaim the trickster as God on earth and worship him accordingly. But woe to them for their eternal destination is the lake of fire along with their trickster lord.

So magic tricks are no guarantee that the one doing them is speaking for God. In fact as we near the end times it is far more likely that they will be speaking for satan.

Romans 10
17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

You have what you need. The Words of Jesus. They are the power that God wants to move people, not magic tricks.

You want magic tricks? Do you not know that the great deceiver will be allowed to do magic tricks to deceive the worlds population.

2 Thessalonians 2
8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Yep those who have rejected The Truth will get the magic tricks they are demanding and they will proclaim the trickster as God on earth and worship him accordingly. But woe to them for their eternal destination is the lake of fire along with their trickster lord.

So magic tricks are no guarantee that the one doing them is speaking for God. In fact as we near the end times it is far more likely that they will be speaking for satan.

Then my dear Adstar:

1) The magic tricks that were performed by Jesus are also no guarantee that He was speaking for God. And by the way, Jesus lived in the "end times."

2) If anyone is deceived it is because God has deceived them. God has the ultimate responsibility for their condemnation, and they will be tormented forever only for obeying His will, which no one can resist. As we have discussed, God keeps people from repenting and following Him, and then He tortures them for all eternity in hell because of what He Himself has done to them.

3) Those miracles you are hearing about in India and other places could have been wrought by the Devil instead of God. There is apparently no way to know one way or the other.

4) My Dad might have been healed by this "trickster lord" of yours instead of God after all. This removes one of the very reasons I still have to believe in God. Ummm...Thanks? :bugeye:

5) There is absolutely no way to know for sure that the Bible is the "Word of God." You apparently have removed the idea that the miracles that were performed by Jesus served as any kind of proof, since both God and Satan can perform the same tricks. And the moral atrocities (instructions on how to sell your own daughter into sexual slavery, for one) and the countless outright contradictions that exist within its golden pages strongly indicate that it is not the "Word of God."

These are the conclusions that the "love of the truth" actually brings me to.

Peace!

Last edited:
Then my dear Adstar:

1) The magic tricks that were performed by Jesus are also no guarantee that He was speaking for God. And by the way, Jesus lived in the "end times."

I want to give you a very serious warning here. Making an accusation that Jesus did signs via the power of satan is Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. It is a transgression that will NEVER be forgiven. If you have any inkling that The God of Abraham exists and that Jesus is the Word of God, Then be very careful not to cross a line that once crossed can never be returned from.

2) If anyone is deceived it is because God has deceived them. God has the ultimate responsibility for their condemnation, and they will be tormented forever only for obeying His will, which no one can resist. As we have discussed, God keeps people from repenting and following Him, and then He tortures them for all eternity in hell because of what He Himself has done to them.

But first comes the individual’s rejection of the will of God. Remember the horse before the cart. Yes God is responsible for every person who will be cast into the lake of fire. He is God and He will judge. He sets the requirements and He sets the outcomes. His will be done.

3) Those miracles you are hearing about in India and other places could have been wrought by the Devil instead of God. There is apparently no way to know one way or the other.

I am very careful not to make that call. But irrespective of what signs someone would do i pay greater attention to what they preach.

4) My Dad might have been healed by this "trickster lord" of yours instead of God after all. This removes one of the very reasons I still have to believe in God. Ummm...Thanks? :bugeye:

Ha :) But don't you see that even if your dad was healed by the trickster it would confirm that the trickster exists. If satan is, then God is. So if a sign happens it confirms the existence God.

5) There is absolutely no way to know for sure that the Bible is the "Word of God." You apparently have removed the idea that the miracles that were performed by Jesus served as any kind of proof, since both God and Satan can perform the same tricks. And the moral atrocities (instructions on how to sell your own daughter into sexual slavery, for one) and the countless outright contradictions that exist within its golden pages strongly indicate that it is not the "Word of God."

That’s your call. So be it. But remember your call to declare the scriptures a Lie will have an eternal consequence. Do you have absolute faith in your discerning ability to make that call?

These are the conclusions that the "love of the truth" actually brings me to.

Peace!

Then go your way, and we both shall see what the actual truth is upon the resurrection.

That’s your call. So be it. But remember your call to declare the scriptures a Lie will have an eternal consequence. Do you have absolute faith in your discerning ability to make that call?

I am doing the best that I can. That is all I can do. If that is not good enough then it is not. There is nothing more that I can do! And I have never closed myself off to God!

How is it my friend, that you have absolute faith in a book that gives you instructions on how to sell our own daughter into sexual slavery and also contains instructions to kill your own family members if they disagree with you and try to persuade you to follow a different God? These are only two of many of the things you must agree with. An exhaustive list would be pointless since you have apparently closed your own eyes to the "love of the truth".

You have no choice but to believe in these things and many other wicked things as well and throw basic morality and love out the window in the bargain. So believe in them! You have made your choice! Go out and buy yourself a sex slave if you wish.

But, in my opinion, you are following the doctrines and commands of men, not God.

Regards

(Its inconceivable simultaneous oneness and difference - no matter which alternative you advocate - oneness or difference - the dialouge of establishing and rebuttal can go on for eternity)
It must be both. You can look at things either way. Reality is thus dependent on one's point of view.

It must be both. You can look at things either way. Reality is thus dependent on one's point of view.

It has nothing to do with point of view

Does one's point of view enable one to seperate sunshine from the sun (or vice versa), or does the sun and sunshine exist as a simultaneous one and different entity in objective reality, uninhibited by however one may perceive it?

All religions are nothing more than powerful memes; try to disprove THAT.

All religions are nothing more than powerful memes; try to disprove THAT
Everything is a meme, or part of a meme. Dieu est bien, elle jadore tu.

Back