The Afterlife

Well God is a concept and I dont believe in him either. This discussion is going no where. We both agree there is no afterlife, so what we are arguing about is what YOU think a soul is. Pointless.

One logical fallacy many people (possibly a majority) believe in is that there is such a thing as a soul, and that it's made of a physical substance. Therefore, by their reasoning, when we die the soul has to go somewhere, it's not just destroyed. Yet they fail to account for the possibility that we're just extremely complicated computers, our thoughts being produced by purely physical processes- does anyone ask whether your computer goes to heaven after your hard drive crashes?

I believe in soul but I do not believe it is made of a physical substance. I feel that soul is in essence the same for everyone...the only thing that separates us is our memories in this instance. So I will be you and you will be in future or in past (irrelevant).

Why do humans become so overwhelmed with emotion that they kill themselves? It's working against what nature intended, but it's not because they have a spectre living inside them.
THEREFORE, there are complexities within the human functionality that can't be explained by your basic Physics. We have something that sets us apart from the vast majority of organisms.

A computer will work how it has been programmed to work. However, it can't twist a concept, an emotion, into its own individual artwork. It can't design a computer in the first place.

Humans have something unexplainable about them, I just happen to call it a soul.

A computer will work how it has been programmed to work. However, it can't twist a concept, an emotion, into its own individual artwork. It can't design a computer in the first place.

Humans have something unexplainable about them, I just happen to call it a soul.

The human mind is not far off from a computer in certain respects, after all what you want to call a soul is technically what that particular individual has learnt through stimuli over years of observation, repetition and trial and error.

I guess you could question if a child was born with no sense's to perceive the world, would they have a soul?

Nah. This damn conversation about the soul is filled with paradox and redundant bullcrap that just frankly pisses me off. Yeah, I'm calling you out cellar door, and I think your full of shit. Name the place.

I honestly feel sorry and a little sad for those who feel there is no afterlife. I have loads of memories of existing outside of my physical body so I am well prepared for my next life.

I consider life on earth to be a lesson that we have all agreed to partake in however most will not remember their past existances. I do not believe that a new soul can become human straight away. I believe that a soul must have already passed through a variety of species before being born a human. I do not think a human soul could function normally in a physical body if it had not already experienced life elsewhere.

As for life after death well the worlds we enter differ greatly in that they vibrate at a higher frequency and matter is built up based on the desires of the mind. The whole aim of the worlds is to prove if souls are worthy of moving higher. People who think they can enter heaven directly from earth are deluded, rather there is a number of worlds preceeding heaven which train the individual in pure thought and action. Heaven being a place where this state of being is a prerequisite for becoming at one with the environment. Human thoughts if they went directly to heaven would no doubt create distortions the effect being a bit like a drop of black paint in a tin of pure white.

Personally I would not think along the lines of an invidiual not having a soul as this could prove quite damaging at the time of death and lead to a non acceptance of what lies ahead. It is best to be open minded at the very least especially if you have nothing to fear regarding your past and how you have treated others.

Vaya con dios.

I guess you could question if a child was born with no sense's to perceive the world, would they have a soul?

Good question. No senses at all? Well, I would say yes, because the child is still thinking, and is still an individual. However, their 'soul' would be very undeveloped compared to a normal person, as they wouldn't have had a chance to discover their place in the world and form more complex opinions.
I don't really know anything about people with such severe sensory disabilities, nor how their mind and personality would develop. This is where the 'soul' becomes an even more conceptual idea. Perhaps we aren't all born with a spirit, but it develops as we do (just as with the elderly, it fades).

I honestly feel...

Your opinions are all very well, but there are an awful lot of your own guesses in that post. It's hard to take such a viewpoint seriously when you use such meaningless, 'pseudoscientific' phrases as "the worlds we enter differ greatly in that they vibrate at a higher frequency and matter is built up based on the desires of the mind."

Where are these worlds? A vague location above us? Within your dying mind?

Nah. This damn conversation about the soul is filled with paradox and redundant bullcrap that just frankly pisses me off. Yeah, I'm calling you out cellar door, and I think your full of shit.

I suggest you actually read the thread - well, can you read, you ignorant fuck? :shrug:

Name the place.

:p

How did my thread degenerate into this? Maybe it was when you arrived.

I honestly feel sorry and a little sad for those who feel there is no afterlife.

Physicists have already shown, in some detail, that the end of the cosmos is inevitable. Claims of afterlives, or any kind of lives for that matter, are irrelevant, since death is the final state of being.

The stars, the sun and the earth will die -- evaporating into radiation -- and there will be no light, only a vast soup of subatomic particles.

They call current time the Stelliferous, or star-filled era, a period that is about half over.

An epoch of dead stars.... The universe then enters a second stage, an epoch of degeneration. "It's an era when most material is locked up in dead stars such as black holes, or white dwarfs," Laughlin says.

This era, 100 trillion trillion trillion years from now, marks the end of all planets. Protons, the subatomic particles at the center of the nuclei of atoms, will begin to decay. Without protons, matter evaporates into radiation. Carbon-based life is not possible, because carbon does not exist without protons.

"If you could transport yourself to the dark era, and look, the sky would be extremely dark," Laughlin says.

And the universe is totally black.

http://edition.cnn.com/TECH/9701/15/end.universe/

the real afterlife is what we feed when we die.

That is a narrow minded view. What about the genes you pass down as a bare minimum. Why do you think nature fights so hard to procreate sometimes even to the point of death after mating with the female. Do you really think nature is that dumb!? Or is it just you that is?

Physicists have already shown, in some detail, that the end of the cosmos is inevitable. Claims of afterlives, or any kind of lives for that matter, are irrelevant, since death is the final state of being.

everything ends, because everything reaches equilibrium (balance, death) sooner or later. this means that even the ending (death) ends someday, and everything starts again. nothing lasts forever (not even nothing).

if death was possible, if death was the final state of being... we wouldn't be here now, because how could this universe have come from nothing (death)? it's illogical to think that the universe or I can come from nothing only one time. if i can come from nothing one time, there's "nothing" that prevents me from doing it again and again and again

everything ends, because everything reaches equilibrium (balance, death) sooner or later. this means that even the ending (death) ends someday, and everything starts again. nothing lasts forever (not even nothing).

if death was possible, if death was the final state of being... we wouldn't be here now, because how could this universe have come from nothing (death)? it's illogical to think that the universe or I can come from nothing only one time. if i can come from nothing one time, there's "nothing" that prevents me from doing it again and again and again

You are suffering a logical fallacy. Death is the end of an individual. Your sum collection of ideologies, thoughts, reasoning and memories is destroyed at death, much like if a book was burnt it's words and stories would be lost.

The only thing that keeps anything alive after death is memories of others and of course documentation, much like burning one book doesn't erase it's entire publication.

The "Oblivion" that currently is "theorised" to exist at the beginning of the universe is not Death, it's just an absence of anything prior to the universe. The usual stipulation on where the universe came from is that a paradox was formed and matter from a future universe was added to the past, creating the first building blocks of the known universe. This meant that the whole of the big bang (Which I term Big Number Crunch) involved not just one singular universe's outcome but that of a combined number of other universes defining the Multidimensionality that we now exist in.

As for people that think they've existed in other lives... I'm afraid you are mistaken. If people can be diagnosed as Schizophrenic with Multiple Personality disorders, why would the belief of a past existence be any different than a multiple personality disorder?

You are suffering a logical fallacy. Death is the end of an individual. Your sum collection of ideologies, thoughts, reasoning and memories is destroyed at death, much like if a book was burnt it's words and stories would be lost.

I'm not my ideologies, thoughts, reasonings or memories. Can I still die?

The only thing that keeps anything alive after death is memories of others and of course documentation,

Would you bet everything on that? I would bet everything on the fact that I can never become nothing.

what you want to call a soul is technically what that particular individual has learnt through stimuli over years of observation, repetition and trial and error.

That's not all the soul is. The soul is also a spiritual body.

If people can be diagnosed as Schizophrenic with Multiple Personality disorders, why would the belief of a past existence be any different than a multiple personality disorder?

I have multiple personalities, it's not a disorder. Because I'm not a person. I've even had multiple bodies, with even more personalities.

They say that God is impersonal. Infinite personalities = zero personality

Last edited:
That is a narrow minded view. What about the genes you pass down as a bare minimum. Why do you think nature fights so hard to procreate sometimes even to the point of death after mating with the female. Do you really think nature is that dumb!? Or is it just you that is?

You started a thread once stating ' that after we die it may be possible for us to go back in time' why havn't you mentioned that..................?

Some people who do nothing worthwhile in this life and are generaly bad/corrupted people inside or are just scared of death, will make up stories that can't be proved to give themselves validility on this planet or to make themselves appear more than they actualy are....the fear that they have wasted their 1 chance at life,their 1 chance to make a change,their 1 chance to live forever becomes so great that they come up with wondrous tales as how this life is irrelavent (to give excuse to do what they like) take heaven and hell it is really only a rouse (imo) to alleviate the fear of death and to control society during life....a soft cushion for those who are scared

You believe in God, in you lived as conciousness in space before the big bang, and nature, bending time, and pyramid stargates....you can't believe in everything.

Last edited:
:bugeye:
Then you'll both act as an excellent fertillizer when you die, happy now!?

I'm happy now and was happy before i'm not the one who is disillusioned.

Quote p/moan "If you could go back in time (which is something I believe may be possible after death) ":bugeye:

Some people who do nothing worthwhile in this life and are generaly bad/corrupted people inside or are just scared of death, will make up stories that can't be proved to give themselves validility on this planet or to make themselves appear more than they actualy are....the fear that they have wasted their 1 chance at life,their 1 chance to make a change,their 1 chance to live forever becomes so great that they come up with wondrous tales as how this life is irrelavent (to give excuse to do what they like) take heaven and hell it is really only a rouse (imo) to alleviate the fear of death and to control society during life....a soft cushion for those who are scared

Well said, and I whole-heartedly agree. But who can blame them? Oblivion is a frightening prospect by default; our purpose on earth is to live, survive and procreate - an absence of all this is a failure of our one clear goal, making all our endeavors ultimately pointless.

Humans are a very purposeful species, the existence of the multitude of religions and faiths in the world a demonstration of this. It's this deeper level of sentience, a need for answers above what we can immediately see, which is our soul.

To be honest, I don't know why you bother pharoahmoan. I've never seen an argument for the spiritual win in a reasoned debate... ever.

Take this load of bull for example, http://www.doesgodexist.org/Pamphlets/Mansproof.html

Back