Teen Suspended for Going to Prom

Frost says he didn't think going to the dance was wrong

...and the LA priest didn't think that fucking a lady was wrong either. Nevertheless Catholicism is not about democracy...

If you want choices, be a Protestant...

...and the LA priest didn't think that fucking a lady was wrong either. Nevertheless Catholicism is not about democracy...

If you want choices, be a Protestant...

??? this is not a catholic school. Its baptist, which I think is protestant.

Kudos to the kid.

Just so I could get married I had to sign a piece of paper from the Catholic church that said I promised to raise our kids as Catholics. As far as I was concerned that piece of paper had more value as asswipe. I don't think anyone can legally make you follow a religious line when freedom of religion exists as a fundamental right. I signed it knowing full well it was a worthless document.

Well and they lied to you.

Its only if you want to get married by a Catholic priest that you "have" to sign their doc. They will recognize other marriage ceremonies as binding with or without the doc.

But if you get a divorce its easier for your ex to get an annulment so they can officially remarry in the church if you signed and then don't raise them as catholic.

And by using the Arabic word for schools bothsecular or religious, you're indicating how you're better in your absence of both ignorance and bigotry.

Well done, we need more representatives of atheism like you so we can see exactly what it means when atheist claim their secularism and lack of ignorance or bigotry. Feel free to misuse more Arabic words and show us exactly how you think

pretty sure most people understood the point he was making when he called them a madrasa. the dictionary reference he provided was misleading though.

thats very true, catholics (at least in australia) tend to be very liberal even if the ranks above priest (in general) are so conservitive they sre still debating the ethics of fire and the wheel

Prom Night (mare)?

Lucky fot those whose prom was very wonderful. Unlike Tyler Frost who has been busy making headlines as a high school senior. The young Tyler Frost has gotten himself into national headlines for being suspended and then suing his high school. Heritage Christian, the private school he attends, had forbid him from attending his girlfriend's prom – she attends public school – and he went anyway. The school makes all students sign a contract, like they were getting personal loans, in which they must swear not to dance, hold hands, listen to rock 'n' roll, or enjoy themselves. Tyler Frost says he has no regrets, and since the dance took place on the weekend, the school has credit repair to do for suspending him.

Lucky fot those whose prom was very wonderful. Unlike Tyler Frost who has been busy making headlines as a high school senior. The young Tyler Frost has gotten himself into national headlines for being suspended and then suing his high school. Heritage Christian, the private school he attends, had forbid him from attending his girlfriend's prom – she attends public school – and he went anyway. The school makes all students sign a contract, like they were getting personal loans, in which they must swear not to dance, hold hands, listen to rock 'n' roll, or enjoy themselves. Tyler Frost says he has no regrets, and since the dance took place on the weekend, the school has credit repair to do for suspending him.

Hi Arabella, welcome to SciForums ! :)
It is common practice here to credit your sources if you quote something.

http://www.feedie7cng.bloggingbaby....mccarthy-and-scary-happy-meals-links-we-love/

Well and they lied to you.

Its only if you want to get married by a Catholic priest that you "have" to sign their doc. They will recognize other marriage ceremonies as binding with or without the doc.

I couldn't have cared less who married us. I don't recall asking for a catholic priest. I only got married in a Catholic church to please the in-laws. The whole religious aspect didn't mean anything to me but it did to them so I went along. To this day I see the whole marriage thing as ceremony, a glimpse of the past, a compilation of rites and superstitions, nothing to get upset about.

Let the kid dance for Christ's sakes. The Pope is out there making Catholicism a laughing stock and some kid with raging hormones wants to dance with his favorite girl. What in the fuck is wrong with that?

Kudos to the kid.

Just so I could get married I had to sign a piece of paper from the Catholic church that said I promised to raise our kids as Catholics. As far as I was concerned that piece of paper had more value as asswipe.

If you didn't value Catholic ethics, why get married in a Catholic ceremony? You've already admitted to yourself it's empty rhetoric.

Frost says he didn't think going to the dance was wrong even though his fundamentalist Baptist school Ohio forbids dancing,

The School forbids dancing, but where does this jurisdiction end? It extends onto other school's property, does it? Binds individuals in their own time, when not on school property?

How did they discover he danced? Is snooping ethical? Does God love a snitch?

Frost says he didn't think going to the dance was wrong even though his fundamentalist Baptist school Ohio forbids dancing, rock music and hand-holding, a situation reminiscent of that depicted in the 1984 movie, "Footloose."...

Goddamn.

When will you people move into the fucking 21st century and stop living like puritans ?..
I thought the US was meant to be the bastion of humanity ?.. And if that's what it's made of.. Screw humanity..

Of course, I'm making gross generalisations, but really. We get one of these every few weeks, from the last chemo kid and now this..
The last time I heard of something like this happening in Australia was when Bells gave me that link to the Christian blog.. and that was an individual.

Just wondering who was giving "choices" to these atheists. I've never seen a school built by an atheist. But its not all that common in India.

Back