Swinging vs Open Marriage

I think if it were me it would depend on their age. If they found out now, I'd quit. If they found out after they had all moved out on their own, well then no.

Again I will ask, why get married if your not satisfied with who your with? :shrug: It would seem to me that if you want to screw around with many people then just don't marry anyone. Marriage was meant to be a union between two people who cared for each other enough to give up others for the one they truely love. If you don't want to love someone totally then don't commit to a marriage until you are ready.

I think if it were me it would depend on their age. If they found out now, I'd quit. If they found out after they had all moved out on their own, well then no.

but if they were ok with you having that sort of lifestlye then why stop?

Again I will ask, why get married if your not satisfied with who your with? :shrug: It would seem to me that if you want to screw around with many people then just don't marry anyone. Marriage was meant to be a union between two people who cared for each other enough to give up others for the one they truely love. If you don't want to love someone totally then don't commit to a marriage until you are ready.

you have to be totally secure and happy in a swinging relationship and me and my husband are!

but if they were ok with you having that sort of lifestlye then why stop?

But I didn't say they were ok with it. I asked what would you do if they asked you to quit. ;)
I would never want to know my parents did it. Odd, but I suppose it would be ok if they did it while with a different spouse, but it wouldn't be ok if they did it while they were together.

.... Marriage was meant to be a union between two people who cared for each other enough to give up others for the one they truely love. .....

And that's how I feel. My Mom feels that marriage is also only between a man and woman. We all have our own idea of what it is.

I woul dhave to look at swinging as being like sky diving. Exciting and something you do together. It has nothing to do with love and everything to do with doing something exciting/fun/different together. I couldn't do it, but I kinda see how others can.

But I didn't say they were ok with it. I asked what would you do if they asked you to quit. ;)
I would never want to know my parents did it. Odd, but I suppose it would be ok if they did it while with a different spouse, but it wouldn't be ok if they did it while they were together.

i dont know like i said until it/if it comes up i cant answer that, if they were older then i would say "why should i stop? it's what i do, and we enjoy it"

would you ask someone who enjoys swimming in the nude, (yes there are swimming pools that allow thatin blackpool on certain nights), or going to nudest beaches, because they're kids don't like it, mums and dads have lives away from the kids.

It is not for me. The older i get, the less i want to touch strangers too. /let alone swap spit and other fluids. No thanks, i will pass.

Edit: i am sorry and dont want to come oiff as a snob or anything, or worse. As an aside, have you ever noticed how some hesitate to shake hands? Thats funny.

Last edited:
And that's how I feel. My Mom feels that marriage is also only between a man and woman. We all have our own idea of what it is.

I woul dhave to look at swinging as being like sky diving. Exciting and something you do together. It has nothing to do with love and everything to do with doing something exciting/fun/different together. I couldn't do it, but I kinda see how others can.

i agree, especially with the bold bits.

??? But I thought you said it was selfish of the one not to go along with it and to let the other person have sex with other?

not letting someone swing is selfish, because all the reasons are self-centred. jealousy, insecurity, fear they'll leave you or find someone better, the idea you're worth more than that, etc. However, if this is part of who you are, until that changes allowing them to swing/swinging with them is just going to hurt you (unless you change whilst swinging). hope that explains the contradiction i appeared to have made.

i agree, especially with the bold bits.

not letting someone swing is selfish, because all the reasons are self-centred. jealousy, insecurity, fear they'll leave you or find someone better, the idea you're worth more than that, etc. However, if this is part of who you are, until that changes allowing them to swing/swinging with them is just going to hurt you (unless you change whilst swinging). hope that explains the contradiction i appeared to have made.

yeah together, what would people rather, the man go down the pub get pissed up and come home beat his wife, or would they rather the woman go out and forget about the kids, swinging is about being together having fun has a couple,

its not for everyone i agree, but i dont think the people who do, do it, should be flamed has unloving, and in a rubbish relationship!!

in fact its the opposite, to do somthing like this you need to be secure in your relationship, and for the most part people are.

Back