SOUL - Who? What? Where?

Who has a soul?

• Only humans and their evolutionary counterparts

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Lord Insane said:
You are jumping to your own conclusions - I determine the validity of religion by studying religion itself - NOT by examining mental patients ...

Again you jump to your own conclusions,making a BOLD STATEMENT about me not understanding the way of theism - I actually have studied the topic much more than you can imagine and know the way of theism , much better than you can even imagine .....

;)

so aside from mental patients who are the religious practioners that you have associated with?

lightgigantic said:
“ "Science demands also the believing spirit. Anybody who has been seriously engaged in scientific work of any kind realizes that over the entrance gates to the temple of science are written words : Ye must have faith. It is a quality which science cannot dispense with ... This imaginative vision and faith in the ultimate success are indispensible. The pure rationalist has no place here" - Max Planck

-scientists (and not just ID'ers) tend to disagree .....

Max Planck had a hard and difficult life without much money for a long time -
what he is talking about is not faith in god or religion - he is talking about faith in the ultimate succes !!!!

Please read your own quote before you jump to your funny conclusions !!!
In your OWN quote Max Planck mentions faith in the ultimate succes ...
Are you irrationel or illiterate ?
Please try to shape up LG - your intellect is boring !!

Lord Insane said:
Max Planck had a hard and difficult life without much money for a long time -
what he is talking about is not faith in god or religion - he is talking about faith in the ultimate succes !!!!

Please read your own quote before you jump to your funny conclusions !!!
In your OWN quote Max Planck mentions faith in the ultimate succes ...
Are you irrationel or illiterate ?
Please try to shape up LG - your intellect is boring !!

Fired up fanatics (regardless whetehr they are of the atheistic or theistic variety) have a tendency to jump midstream between discussions and miss the context in which responses are made - I don't know where you got the idea that I thought Planck was talking about god or religion .....

lightgigantic said:
then I guess we can safely ouright reject this original post that inspired me to such a reply .....

Originally Posted by philosopher´s stone
Luckily the majority here at Sciforums seem to be sane .....
Right now, more than 60 % do not believe in souls in the poll !!!

:p

Philosopher´s stone never even takes side in your discussion , he is never presenting an argument which needs followers of a majority - he is simply stating this philosophical these : since believers in soul are delusional - and since a majority do not believe in souls here on Sciforums - then a majority
here on Sciforums are not delusional !!!!

Do you actually posses any ability of logical deduction ??????

:rolleyes:

lightgigantic said:
Fired up fanatics (regardless whetehr they are of the atheistic or theistic variety) have a tendency to jump midstream between discussions and miss the context in which responses are made .....

If you know that allready - then why do you CONTINUE to do just that ??

Are you doing it on purpose or can´t you just help it ?

Lord Insane said:
Philosopher´s stone never even takes side in your discussion , he is never presenting an argument which needs followers of a majority - he is simply stating this philosophical these : since believers in soul are delusional - and since a majority do not believe in souls here on Sciforums - then a majority
here on Sciforums are not delusional !!!!

Do you actually posses any ability of logical deduction ??????

:rolleyes:

When you accept a conclusion to prove a conclusion isn't that called begging the question?

Lord Insane said:
If you know that allready - then why do you CONTINUE to do just that ??

Are you doing it on purpose or can´t you just help it ?

On the contrary you are the one who thought your intelligence was swift enough to intercept a discussion I was having with Kenny
:cool:

lightgigantic said:
I don't know where you got the idea that I thought Planck was talking about god or religion .....

I got that impression because KennyJC was talking about the kind of faith that is a delusion (please notice that he did write delusion, after faith ) -
and that is the faith of god/religion - not faith in general ....
I did not know that you suddenly decided to talk abut faith in general - your mind is not really focused , right ?

You keep getting off track !!!!

lightgigantic said:
When you accept a conclusion to prove a conclusion isn't that called begging the question?

No it is called philosophical thinking !!!!!!

I am getting tired of your lack of understanding of rethoric !!!!

Lightgigantic are you for real - or are you just trying to impersonate a wacko ???

I really need to know - I have never met a less capable mind than yours in this forum !!!

Lord Insane said:
I got that impression because KennyJC was talking about the kind of faith that is a delusion (please notice that he did write delusion, after faith ) -
and that is the faith of god/religion - not faith in general ....
I did not know that you suddenly decided to talk abut faith in general - your mind is not really focused , right ?

You keep getting off track !!!!

seems like you got the wrong impression - which no doubt is not the first nor last time .....

You actually should be ashamed of yourself !!!

PLEASE START THINKING RATIONALLY AND LOGICALLY - AND STAY FOCUSED
ON THE SUBJECT !!!!!

Lord Insane said:
Lightgigantic are you for real - or are you just trying to impersonate a wacko ???

I really need to know - I have never met a less capable mind than yours in this forum !!!

You probably just have unressolved anger issues and are targetting them against me

:D

lightgigantic said:
seems like you got the wrong impression - which no doubt is not the first nor last time .....

Another possibility would of course be that YOU got the wrong impression -
not even knowing that KennyJC was talking about faith in god !!!

Please consider that for a moment !!!!

If you are able to do that ....

lightgigantic said:
You probably just have unressolved anger issues and are targetting them against me

:D

No , not at all , I only wondered how irrational a person can be, you are setting new low standards here on Sciforums !!!

Lord Insane said:
Another possibility would of course be that YOU got the wrong impression -
not even knowing that KennyJC was talking about faith in god !!!

Please consider that for a moment !!!!

If you are able to do that ....

Nope he has said it numerous times before (before you jumped midstream with your swift intellience of course) that he thinks faith is purely a thesistic notion and is an indication of its weakness - I tend to advocate that the principles of faith are applicable to a wide variety of circumstances - its something we have been gnawing at over several threads over several weeks

I actually thought you tried to act stupid on purpose to annoy other people !!!

I now understand , that is not the case !!!

I pitty you - and the poor people here on Sciforum who have to read your posts !!

Back