SOUL - Who? What? Where?

Who has a soul?

• Only humans and their evolutionary counterparts

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
lightgigantic said:
Nope he has said it numerous times before (before you jumped midstream with your swift intellience of course) that he thinks faith is purely a thesistic notion and is an indication of its weakness - I tend to advocate that the principles of faith are applicable to a wide variety of circumstances - its something we have been gnawing at over several threads over several weeks

Very well - I will give you the benefit of doubt - and let KennyJC tell us what he meant !!!

Just after I informed you all, that believing truely in religion/god is delusional - KennyJC posts about faith with the word DELUSION after it - hence the most logical kind of faith he meant might just be faith in religion/god ...

:cool:

So please enlighten us all , KennyJC , next time you read this !!
There are many kinds of faith - even faith in yourself , if you know that you are able to do something !!

Last edited:
Lord Insane said:
No , not at all , I only wondered how irrational a person can be, you are setting new low standards here on Sciforums !!!

Given this wonderful little collection I would say definitely unrresolved anger issues

:D

Are you irrationel or illiterate ?

Please try to shape up LG - your intellect is boring !!

Do you actually posses any ability of logical deduction ??????

Are you doing it on purpose or can´t you just help it ?

- your mind is not really focused , right ?

Your intelligence speaks for itself !!!!!!!!

I am getting tired of your lack of understanding of rethoric !!!!

Lightgigantic are you for real - or are you just trying to impersonate a wacko ???

I really need to know - I have never met a less capable mind than yours in this forum !!!

You actually should be ashamed of yourself !!!

PLEASE START THINKING RATIONALLY AND LOGICALLY - AND STAY FOCUSED
ON THE SUBJECT !!!!!

Please consider that for a moment !!!!

If you are able to do that ....

I actually thought you tried to act stupid on purpose to annoy other people !!!

I now understand , that is not the case !!!

I pitty you - and the poor people here on Sciforum who have to read your posts !!

Lord Insane said:
Very well - I will give you the benefit of doubt - and let KennyJC tell us what he meant !!!

Just after I informed you all, that believing truely in religion/god is delusional - KennyJC posts about faith with the word DELUSION after it - hence the most logical kind of faith he meant might just be faith in religion/god ...

:cool:

So please enlighten us all , KennyJC , next time you read this !!

A person with unressolved anger issues finds it very difficult to admit that they were wrong
:p

lightgigantic said:
Given this wonderful little collection I would say definitely unrresolved anger issues

Lightgigantic are you for real - or are you just trying to impersonate a wacko ???

I really need to know - I have never met a less capable mind than yours in this forum !!!

ON THE SUBJECT !!!!!

I pitty you - and the poor people here on Sciforum who have to read your posts !!

Yes , I am sure you would - when I consider your mental capacity or lack of same !!

But luckily you are no expert in this subject - I am however ,
beeing the psychiatrist here - not you !!

Actually I have absolutely no feelings for you - except dissapointment over your lack
of thinking straight - I thought for a while , that shaking you up a bit would help !!

That is why I wrote these things - hoping it would help you to improve !!

Alas ,I am afraid that your lack of mental capacity - make you beyond any help from the Lord !!

Lightgigantic - you are now on the ignore list of the Lord !!!

You are simply wasting my time !!!!

Please don´t waste the time of the other people in here - stop posting here
and start praying and watch MTV !!!

Lord Insane said:
Yes , I am sure you would - when I consider your mental capacity or lack of same !!

Thankyou doctor - I feel a whole lot better now
:p

Lord Insane said:
Lightgigantic - you are now on the ignore list of the Lord !!!

You are simply wasting my time !!!!

Please don´t waste the time of the other people in here - stop posting here
and start praying and watch MTV !!!

Hallejelluiah!!! Praise the Lord!!!
;)

I always used the concept of consciousness instead of soul. People actually believing in the soul's existence ought to be able to answer these questions:

1. What is the lifetime of the soul?
2. When the soul gets attached to the body? (conception, during pregnancy, birth, later?)
3. Where is the soul of a person being in coma for years?
4. What happens to the soul after a person's death?
5. If you deny the existence of soul to mammals, how can a person who is retarded AND being in coma have a soul but a dog who is highly intelligent, recognizes himself and expresses a wide range of emotions not to have one?

You see guys, with the concept of consciousness or self-awareness all these above questions can be answered. But you get several different answers from "soul believers" depending on their religious beliefs and than we got the battle of religions.

Actually it would be interesting to discuss this topic with an atheist who thinks the soul exist. Is there one here like that?

Now as a last word, the usage of the word soul in literature or in expressions is quite OK, but we just mean something slightly different by that....

Lord Insane said:

At a Certain Age

We wanted to confess our sins but there were no takers.
White clouds refused to accept them, and the wind
Was too busy visiting sea after sea.
We did not succeed in interesting the animals.
Dogs, disappointed, expected an order,
A cat, as always immoral, was falling asleep.
A person seemingly very close
Did not care to hear of things long past.
Conversations with friends over vodka or coffee
Ought not be prolonged beyond the first sign of boredom.
It would be humiliating to pay by the hour
A man with a diploma, just for listening.
Churches. Perhaps churches. But to confess there what?
That we used to see ourselves as handsome and noble
Yet later in our place an ugly toad
Half-opens its thick eyelid
And one sees clearly: "That's me."

Czeslaw Milosz

Syzygys said:
I always used the concept of consciousness instead of soul. People actually believing in the soul's existence ought to be able to answer these questions:

1. What is the lifetime of the soul?
2. When the soul gets attached to the body? (conception, during pregnancy, birth, later?)
3. Where is the soul of a person being in coma for years?
4. What happens to the soul after a person's death?
5. If you deny the existence of soul to mammals, how can a person who is retarded AND being in coma have a soul but a dog who is highly intelligent, recognizes himself and expresses a wide range of emotions not to have one?

You see guys, with the concept of consciousness or self-awareness all these above questions can be answered. But you get several different answers from "soul believers" depending on their religious beliefs and than we got the battle of religions.

Actually it would be interesting to discuss this topic with an atheist who thinks the soul exist. Is there one here like that?

Now as a last word, the usage of the word soul in literature or in expressions is quite OK, but we just mean something slightly different by that....

You are right that there is a lot of vivid descriptions about the soul - however if you accept that consciousness is the symptom of the soul these questions can also be answered

lightgigantic said:

ON THE SUBJECT !!!!!

I have read some of your posts - Lightgigantic - you are not exactly the brightest light in here - anyway , i think Lord Insane was a bit too strict with you (like a professor scolding a pupil ) ....

And the Satyr award was a blow below the belt from Satyr ....

Lightgigantic - I think you should consider to learn some more about rhetoric and communication - I am actually only trying to help you ..... sometimes it is like you are loosing your concentration and then you answer in a surprising way ...... it is easy to pick on you for that .....

Good Luck - Magic

Magic said:
I have read some of your posts - Lightgigantic - you are not exactly the brightest light in here - anyway , i think Lord Insane was a bit too strict with you (like a professor scolding a pupil ) ....

And the Satyr award was a blow below the belt from Satyr ....

Lightgigantic - I think you should consider to learn some more about rhetoric and communication - I am actually only trying to help you ..... sometimes it is like you are loosing your concentration and then you answer in a surprising way ...... it is easy to pick on you for that .....

Good Luck - Magic

There is a saying that the way to get rid of a dog (a stray) is to get a dog

lightgigantic said:
There is a saying that the way to get rid of a dog (a stray) is to get a dog

Well - I would not exactly call Lord Insane and his rhetoric a stray dog -
he is probaly annoying for you - but he had longer time to learn communication on ultra high level and probably also more practise -
and he is definitely not unintelligent either - only he did not have much patience with you .......
However I did not get the feeling that he was really angry with you -
more like dissapointed with you somehow ..... expecting something from you , that you were not able to deliver .....actually some times I felt he was trying
to make you realise, that you were doing something wrong in your communication ....

Female intuition I guess ...

Ofcourse you may never agree on his view of religion - then again you were not very nice to him also - calling him things and taking things for granted , sometimes you made ad hom at him , he actually took that nicer than expected ....
I think even if you got a BIIIIIG dog - I would stay away from him .... you are no match for him ...

Satyr is a prick !!!!! Totally a stray dog !!!

Get a dog (skills in communication and logical thinking ) - then go bite Satyr !!

Good luck - Maggie !! :)

Magic said:
Well - I would not exactly call Lord Insane and his rhetoric a stray dog -
he is probaly annoying for you - but he had longer time to learn communication on ultra high level and probably also more practise -
and he is definitely not unintelligent either - only he did not have much patience with you .......
However I did not get the feeling that he was really angry with you -
more like dissapointed with you somehow ..... expecting something from you , that you were not able to deliver .....actually some times I felt he was trying
to make you realise, that you were doing something wrong in your communication ....

Female intuition I guess ...

Ofcourse you may never agree on his view of religion - then again you were not very nice to him also - calling him things and taking things for granted , sometimes you made ad hom at him , he actually took that nicer than expected ....
I think even if you got a BIIIIIG dog - I would stay away from him .... you are no match for him ...

Satyr is a prick !!!!! Totally a stray dog !!!

Get a dog (skills in communication and logical thinking ) - then go bite Satyr !!

Good luck - Maggie !! :)

Actually I was not so convinced of Lord Insane's high level of communication - hence the dog

lightgigantic said:
Actually I was not so convinced of Lord Insane's high level of communication - hence the dog

LightGigantic !!!
Believe me - the guy was 2 steps (or more) ahead of you most of the time !!!
He analyzed everything within seconds with flawless logic !!! Occasionally I felt that you were so outclassed by him - that I had to write to you now and give you my advice !!!!!!!

Take care - Maggie !!! train your dog hard !!!
:)

Magic said:
LightGigantic !!!
Believe me - the guy was 2 steps (or more) ahead of you most of the time !!!
He analyzed everything within seconds with flawless logic !!! Occasionally I felt that you were so outclassed by him - that I had to write to you now and give you my advice !!!!!!!

Take care - Maggie !!! train your dog hard !!!
:)

I guess the issue here is that we don't have the same perceptions - BTW what is your take on the soul anyway?

Lord Insane said:
Philosopher´s stone never even takes side in your discussion , he is never presenting an argument which needs followers of a majority - he is simply stating this philosophical these : since believers in soul are delusional - and since a majority do not believe in souls here on Sciforums - then a majority
here on Sciforums are not delusional !!!!

:rolleyes:

Exactly :)

I am only doing philosophical thinking - without making a argument which needs a majority of followers !!!

You are really sharp today, Lord Insane ....

philosopher´s stone said:
Exactly :)

I am only doing philosophical thinking - without making a argument which needs a majority of followers !!!

You are really sharp today, Lord Insane ....

The problem is that it is nothing but a tentative suggestion - all people who believe in souls are delusional - such a tentative suggestion runs contrary to the evidence that there are many sane and intelligent persons who attest otherwise.

hence its not a very compelling argument, unless you want to argue that 60% of the people who filled out the poll think like you do .... which again is not very compelling

lightgigantic said:
The problem is that it is nothing but a tentative suggestion - all people who believe in souls are delusional - such a tentative suggestion runs contrary to the evidence that there are many sane and intelligent persons who attest otherwise.

hence its not a very compelling argument, unless you want to argue that 60% of the people who filled out the poll think like you do .... which again is not very compelling

Please get real - I am NOT trying to interpret what is wrong or not !!!

Why do you think that I think like the 60 % - I am only quoting them !!!

By the way , now it is more - now 63 % ,not 60 % anymore

I am not your referee or judge - I only do philosophical thinking !!!

How the hell do you reach your conclusions in your head - it is like little green men puts them inside your brain - your conclusions are out of touch
of everything written here before !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you on drugs ???? :m:

Back