Some logic for both sides...

well praise the lord! someone here actually admits to not being sure of something! it's a frickin' miracle! :D kudos to you dear.

LOL I'm not sure of a lot of things.. but to be honest you seem a bit too sure about some things.

i don't care what makes people "feel better". that's a sure sign of a lie right there because god isn't in the business of making people feel better. i don't care what a person's been through, or what kind of excuse they may have. if someone says they believe in god without knowing whether or not he even exists, that is a lie. how can you believe in something that you don't know?

you pretend. and if pretending makes you feel better, then good for you. it never did with me. living in denial doesn't solve anyone's problems you know.

The whole point of psychological denial is that the person in denial is unaware that they are in denial.

It can sometimes take years of counselling and introspection to find out that one has been in denial.

are you trying to tell me that what i'm talking about isn't obvious to you?

I am telling you that on the one hand, you say you do not assume that you have experienced all there is, or that you know all there is;

and you also flat out contradict that when you say that everything in the universe is a duality, everything is a choice or has an opposite.

To speak of "everything", you are apparently assuming an experience or knowledge of "all there is" - which you have specifically contradicted earlier.

Get your act together - you can't first say that you don't know everything, and then say that you do know everything.

LOL I'm not sure of a lot of things.. but to be honest you seem a bit too sure about some things.

i don't expect everyone to know the same things. we all have different lives.

i think that's a good way to say it, except that i think we are coming to know god, not to be god. i think that there is only one, and that we are all a part of him. i think that we will always be human, but it won't always be like this.

But if you understand the blueprints for god what good is he?

i don't expect everyone to know the same things. we all have different lives.

Yea but you talk like you KNOW these things as FACTS and that the rest of us are simply too stupid or not loved enough by God or whatever to know them.
What you should be saying is that you THINK these things are true, not know..

I am telling you that on the one hand, you say you do not assume that you have experienced all there is, or that you know all there is;

and you also flat out contradict that when you say that everything in the universe is a duality, everything is a choice or has an opposite.

To speak of "everything", you are apparently assuming an experience or knowledge of "all there is" - which you have specifically contradicted earlier.

Get your act together - you can't first say that you don't know everything, and then say that you do know everything.

get my act together? that's rather derogatory. do you really have to be like that? ok then, allow me to reiterate. according to what i do know, and have experienced, it is obvious, in the most basic sense, that the universe is full of opposites and choices. is that better?

Yea but you talk like you KNOW these things as FACTS and that the rest of us are simply too stupid or not loved enough by God or whatever to know them.
What you should be saying is that you THINK these things are true, not know..

well obviously i think these things are true, why else would i be saying them?!

you guys are really being defensive don't you think? it seems a bit paranoid to me. and listen here, you may not put words in my mouth. i have NEVER called anyone out here stupid, or implied that anyone out here is stupid. if i gave you that impression then i'm sorry, but i really don't know what you are referring to. what you're saying here could not be further from the truth. i actually believe the exact opposite, in that knowing god is NOT dependent on intellectualism or intelligence at all. sometimes it even seems to me to get in the way (speaking from my own experience). god loves everyone the same.

well obviously i think these things are true, why else would i be saying them?!
The way you say it now is so much better, don't you think ?

you guys are really being defensive don't you think? it seems a bit paranoid to me. and listen here, you may not put words in my mouth. i have NEVER called anyone out here stupid, or implied that anyone out here is stupid. if i gave you that impression then i'm sorry, but i really don't know what you are referring to. what you're saying here could not be further from the truth. i actually believe the exact opposite, in that knowing god is NOT dependent on intellectualism or intelligence at all. sometimes it even seems to me to get in the way (speaking from my own experience).
I never said you said or implied that. I'm just saying it seems to me that you imply it. Btw. to imply something you don't need to be aware of implying it..

god loves everyone the same.
There you go again..

But if you understand the blueprints for god what good is he?

what good are any of us? what good is anything? i don't think i'll ever be able to create my own universe. i think that we are all part of god, and that is what communion's about. we are just as important as another and perfect when we come together in him. i think that will happen one day, and we'll all live with him together forever.

what good are any of us? what good is anything?
Good question !

i don't think i'll ever be able to create my own universe. i think that we are all part of god, and that is what communion's about. we are just as important as another and perfect when we come together in him.
You mean like that everthing in existence combined is God ?
If that's the case there isn't a God like the one the bible wants us to believe in.

i think that will happen one day, and we'll all live with him together forever.
You mean like when we die and get recycled back into nature ?

The way you say it now is so much better, don't you think ?

I never said you said or implied that. I'm just saying it seems to me that you imply it. Btw. to imply something you don't need to be aware of implying it..

There you go again..

you know what i think? i think you're being really paranoid and defensive. i am out here expressing my views. can't anything be understood? and most of the time people are quite aware of what they are implying. it seems to me that you are making assumptions about me that are not true. please don't...

you know what i think? i think you're being really paranoid and defensive. i am out here expressing my views. can't anything be understood? and most of the time people are quite aware of what they are implying. it seems to me that you are making assumptions about me that are not true. please don't...

I am not paranoid or defensive, but you need to be aware of the fact that lots of non-theists take offense at the absolute way in which many theists (including yourself) express their beliefs.

if god is made up of existence then does he really exist....not in the way most people would think.

I cannot have any arguments against a God that equals existence, my only question would be: Why call it God ?

It would just be semantics at that point you say existence I say god, if they meant the same thing I couldnt argue with that either:shrug:

Lori would you please give us your definition of 'God' and 'creation' for discussions sake ?

Good question !

You mean like that everthing in existence combined is God ?
If that's the case there isn't a God like the one the bible wants us to believe in.

You mean like when we die and get recycled back into nature ?

i think that god is a being, but he is more than a being. i think that he is not something that we understand, and i think that people interpret the bible like they want to, not necessarily the way it's meant to be. and maybe we could try our best and still not get it right. i'm not so sure that many try our best.

and no, i mean more like it was in the garden of eden. when the veil is lifted, and we are in communion with each other and with god and there is no death.

Back