So whats better Rock or Pop?

swastika or firecross in Latvian and Indoeuropean culture as is no what it is interpreted ment -> good luck and protection from evil forces. It was/is a sign of the thundergod (Perkons in Latvian)
In ancient times a wooden firecross was given to any new born male and it was taken off only after his death.
As an amulet

I don't know what meaning it has in Buddhism

*picks up nightfall's cd* :D

being a musician, I repect all forms of music. I listen to everything but for modern music I listen to bands like:

Blackmetal/Melodic Death Metal
-Dimmu Borgir
- In Flames
-Children of Bodom
-Crematory
-Hypocrisy
-Cradle of Filth
-Satyricon
etc

**None of you probably have heard these bands because you probably listen to AMERICAN music. MTV has fucked up music and society I must say. If you want the older Metal-style music I suggest you listen to bands from Sweden.**

Hardcore
-Posion the Well
-From Autumn to Ashes
-Killswitch Engage
-Eighteen Visions
-Dredg

Nu Metal
-Slipknot (liked them before ANYONE did; way too commercial now)
-Machinehead
-Soulfly
-Acic Bath

Punk
-AFI
-Pennywise
-Misfits
-GWAR
-Shai Hulud

Death Metal
-Cannibal Corpse
-Cryptopsy
-A.C.
-Deicide

Classic Rock
-Led Z
-Hendrix
-Pink Floyd
-The Cars
-Boston

Classical
-Bach
-Beethoven
-Greig
-John Williams
-Zorn

Well, that's about it for now. There's MANY more. Hope you enjoyed my list :p :rolleyes:

The word "swastika" comes from the sanskrit "svasti", meaning "wellbeing, fortune". (Sanskrit, by the way, is an old Indian lingo.)

The symbol has existed unde rmany names, however, and existed in Europe and other places well before sanskrit developed as a language. In Europe, whether clockwise or anti-clockwise, it was a symbol of the sun and life. Rumours of the symbol being used one way instead of the other meaning evil and bad luck and all are pure crap. No self-respecting organisation would give themselves a negative symbol in such a way; regardless of how crazy the NAZIs were, they gave themselves a symbol for life, fortune, and glory.

the first time ihead CoF, i hated them.. theni read the lyrics. and i was in love.... LOL..
i think ive heard of a few of the other bands you've listed.. musically, i dont get out much... if i remember correctly.. i dont care much for dimmu borgir.... but i could be confusing them with someone else...

Back