So whats better Rock or Pop?

I suppose you could say Weezer's classic-rock. Maladroit CERTAINLY is. But I don't think it's always been that way. And the melody style is total pop.

Pop-rock is NOT always dumbed down. Pop-rock might be simplified but that doesn't necessarily mean it's dumbed down. The London Suede? Belle and Sebastian? The Pixies? Super Furry Animals? Wilco, Blur, The Flaming Lips? They're not all popular but it's the same style as most pop-rock, none of which are dumbed down in my opinion. *EDIT* I'm gonna say this first 'cause it hurts my argument. If it's not popular it isn't very well pop-rock. And stuff that makes mainstream IS usually dumbed-down. But lots of stuff that's in the same vein as the stuff on the radio isn't and is still classified as pop-rock. This all gets back to my saying brit-pop is good!! They like WAY better stuff over there. *EDIT*

Technicality is good. Emotion is better. I've had 7 years classical training and it's not worth that much. And that stuff about black music being the only real music...BLAH. Which I'm assuming is what George Carlin is basically getting at.

Last edited:
I listen to anything except country & western, modern pop and dance music (when i mean dance, this is all categories of dance including: rave, dance, happy hard-core dance etc etc etc.)
~Metal lives~
Rage against the machine

Industrial! :D

pop, rock, metal,... it doesn't matter. It has to be real. It has to move me.

Or it has to be really over the top to numb my mind.

Examples:

Nine Inch Nails, U2, Tool, Nirvana, Radiohead, Manic Street Preachers, Slipknot, Sisters of Mercy, Wumpscut, Pink Floyd, Jesus and Mary Chain, Bauhaus, Joy Division, Nick Cave, John Denver, Simon and Garfunkel,...

I hope you have the Whiskah version, cause that's the way it was intended.

The Nevermind version is still mind blowing though.

To all you metal loving Kazaa users: try to find Black Death (French concept) by Wumpscut.

It is a sick berzerk industrial metal mindblowing perversity.

look for Civilian - Track 1.
you will not be disappointed. i hope. :eek:
for some rage against the machine like madness download it. its unusual so dont blame me.

If you like Black death, the other songs from the same ep are:

body parts
funeral diner
dying culture

Go Rudy!

Just don't bother me with dead embryo's, cause I can't stand that.

not sure if I like black death-
the first song is "remotely qued"

anyways I don't find pleasure in listening "death texts"
I like strong texts, with meaning
all those empty yellers can go and #-((% up their @$$35

anyways I don't find pleasure in listening "death texts"

Me neither. I ignore lyrics on tracks like that. I focus on the agression. It calms me.

for some rage against the machine like madness download it. its unusual so dont blame me.
I used to be obsessed with RATM, heh heh. "Bulls on Parade" was my favourite, until I realized how repetitive it was....gah. By the way, they did that song from the Matrix, right?

(JEW rocks!)

Slipknot is all right with me...."Wait and Bleed" is somewhere on my computer. :D Limp Bizkit was good...for a while. And hey, I love Linkin Park! TRUSTcompany, too. I've never heard Rammstein before...Brit Pop's ok, especially BBMak! :) I definitely don't like "death metal", like Cradle of Filth. :eek:

My Evolution:
  • Soft Rock+Grunge
  • Pop
  • Punk
  • Alternative
  • Baroque+Ambient
  • Everything.
(I used to not give a damn about any of this, and now it's ruining my life. Pop culture is dragging me down!) :mad:

I have never liked slipknot. I dont think its very tunefull and most of their tunes are so similar.
Ratm were classic and still are classic, they are one of the timeless classics and i dont think i could ever get bored with their tunes. I'm really into music with alot of bass (guitar) maybe because i play it, i dont know, i'm into all sorts of music except the genres i described above.

Slipknot's an angry boy band. They're just as fabricated. And when I say brit-pop (rock) I definitely don't include BBMak. And as far as RATM...well, I want to say it's stupid but I haven't the right seeings how I've never heard any of it.

But someone mentioned Joy Division!!!!! And Simon and Garfunkel. Sweet. I might like Nick Cave (I at least respect him) but I've never really listened nor been in the mood to.

Here's one from me: Einstürzende Neubauten. Check it.

It's really wierd when you see kids of like, 10 or younger, wearing slipknot hoodies ... I'm like... wtf?! You're way too young!! :p

It's really wierd when you see kids of like, 10 or younger, wearing slipknot hoodies

The bandmembers say it makes kids more able to deal with schooL...

I have never liked slipknot. I dont think its very tunefull and most of their tunes are so similar.

I like them because of the variety, even in one song...

They are good musicians, but I can understand your point.

How? Social conformity? Identification?

You are talking about a band who's members crack each other's ribs on stage...

It helps kids in school cause it makes them look dangerous and cool.

Remember: fuck it all, fuck this world, fuck everything that you stand for. Don't belong, don't exist, don't give a shit, don't ever judge me.

Very educational stuff indeed. :)

Back