Sick of it all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny thread, so much "woe is me" material I could go "Emo" for a week. Say, water, ever heard of "cutting to excite"? Hooked on phonics worked for me! Um, yeah. :m:

water said:
Do you think that if I could do better than that,
that I wouldn't do it?
water said:
If people wouldn't bully eachother so much,
they might even make some progress.

I think it all depends upon, and is more or less proportional to the skill to see ourselves as others do,
which in turn is largely a matter of knowing ourselves
well enough to differentiate our own influence upon events from that of other people.

Without the skill to know that,
people often in effect become the authors of their own misfortune but with no awareness of the process.

I have never really known anybody to whom that does not apply to to some extent.

Many people I have known own a wonderfully true appreciation of the workings of the World at large,
but with next to no awareness of the dynamics of their own interpersonal affairs,
why what happens to them does happen to them,
and the extent to which their actions affect it,
karma, in an immediate practical sense.

Why else do we find that one person complains a lot of bullying while others are not so bothered?

It must have something to do with the personality of the person concerned, one way or another.

---

perplexity said:
I think it all depends upon, and is more or less proportional to the skill to see ourselves as others do,
which in turn is largely a matter of knowing ourselves
well enough to differentiate our own influence upon events from that of other people.

Without the skill to know that,
people often in effect become the authors of their own misfortune but with no awareness of the process.

I have never really known anybody to whom that does not apply to to some extent.

Many people I have known own a wonderfully true appreciation of the workings of the World at large,
but with next to no awareness of the dynamics of their own interpersonal affairs,
why what happens to them does happen to them,
and the extent to which their actions affect it,
karma, in an immediate practical sense.

Why else do we find that one person complains a lot of bullying while others are not so bothered?

It must have something to do with the personality of the person concerned, one way or another.

---

And what are the implications of this?

water said:
And what are the implications of this?

With you, Nejka, or generally?

If you need a specific answer for instance,
then you need to specify the actual concern.

"please believe me, I do my best"

is much more comforting, less likely to be bullied than

"Do you think that if I could do better than that,
that I wouldn't do it?"

--- Ron.

stretched said:
Actually water, you are pretty wonderful.
Water ain't wonderful, s/he's dumb as hell. Believing in a thing that doesn't exist...that's almost as stupid as thinking that sinbad the sailor and sinbad the comedian are the same person....

Gustav said:
water: Join Date: 03-20-04 Total Posts: 5,960 (8.26 posts per day)

scale back, dearest
pace yourself
and above all
get picky

Yes.

I have set out to be nicer than I can handle.
This is why people think they can fuck me in the head.
And then of course my depression and the troubles connected to this, it makes me an easy target.

water said:

I had rather gained the impression of a specific objection to being treated as a non entity,
especially in the sense of a relationship with someone who barely knows herself.

Izabel said:
And yet the everyday equivalent of this information is made available to a random stranger whom you meet in the street.
But not to people whom you actually spend time with, discussing things.

Izabel said:
I think that to fill out the profile section,
is an act of declaring one is a person.
With all the implications this brings.

This may be too daring for some.

The standard may seem high to some people, or too choosy -- but I've had enough of dingy relationships of all kinds, and am not interested in more of them.

--- Ron.

water said:
I have set out to be nicer than I can handle.
This is why people think they can fuck me in the head.
And then of course my depression and the troubles connected to this, it makes me an easy target.

What a terrible prospect.

You may end up with a pregnant thought,
and then you'd have to abort.

---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back