Should we take Ray Comfort Serious? If no, what not?

I’ve defined “God”, “Truth”, and “true”. Which one did I make up?
All of them. If you want a discussion, you can't just dictate the definitions. There has to be some agreement.
There is nothing in reality that manifests any God.
God Is reality.
You see all we did there was express our beliefs.
No, lack of belief is not a belief.
Knowledge is never perfect.
How do you know that?
Go ahead and give us some examples of perfect knowledge.
Which is why God is not truth - the idea of God is not objective.
We’re not discussing the idea of God.
Of course we are.
We’re discussing the definition of God.
No, we haven't agreed on a definition of God. I'm defining God as an idea, like cold fusion - so far it doesn't work; maybe it will some day.

All of them. If you want a discussion, you can't just dictate the definitions. There has to be some agreement.
No they’re not.
No, lack of belief is not a belief.
You believe that the definition of God, the origin of everything, does not define God.
The truth is perfect knowledge.
I don’t have to believe that, or lack belief in it.
No, we haven't agreed on a definition of God. I'm defining God as an idea, like cold fusion - so far it doesn't work; maybe it will some day.
You’re in denial.

In the beginning was the word. Yes, any word will do. The most common word is Nature.
Nature, in the broadest sense, is the natural, physical, or material world or universe. "Nature" can refer to the phenomena of the physical world, and also to life in general. The study of nature is a large, if not the only, part of science. Although humans are part of nature, human activity is often understood as a separate category from other natural phenomena.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nature

You believe that the definition of God, the origin of everything, does not define God.

The dictionary defines the word God to be the idea of God, just like the word Unicorn defines the idea of a unicorn. It's called a "Reference"

The dictionary defines the word God to be the idea of God, just like the word Unicorn defines the idea of a unicorn. It's called a "Reference"
Its a human symbolic term for a creative concept. But the concept and therefore the symbol are indefinite in meaning.
In science the symbolic term Origin refers to the same creative concept, but without any mystical or supernatural associations.

Last edited:
That’s you opinion.
Nevertheless “God” has a meaning, and you appear to be in denial of it.
Why are you?
Especially as you seem big on the “proper definition”.:D

Its a human symbolic term for a creative concept. But the concept and therefore the symbol are indefinite in meaning.
It’s funny isn’t it. The ones with the strongest belief, isn’t the theists. It’s the atheist. They have constantly convince themselves of something that has no basis in anything.

That’s you opinion.

No, that's called a fact, Jan. But I understand you don't use dictionaries or care about the actual meaning of words.

Nevertheless “God” has a meaning, and you appear to be in denial of it.

You keep telling me I'm in denial over the definition of God, which is completely absurd and one of the silliest arguments you're trying to put forth, clearly in some desperate attempt that has yet to be made clear.

Why are you?
Especially as you seem big on the “proper definition”.:D

Again, you seem incapable of understanding the very simple concept of definitions of words, Jan. Why are you?

It’s funny isn’t it. The ones with the strongest belief, isn’t the theists. It’s the atheist. They have constantly convince themselves of something that has no basis in anything.

The ole' "I know you are but what am I" response? Didn't you give that up when you were ten years old like everyone else?

The ole' "I know you are but what am I" response? Didn't you give that up when you were ten years old like everyone else?
I’m just going to ignore your deflection.
Why do you change the definition of God, to suit yourself?

No. As per definition.
God, likeTruth, just is.

Empty claims, Jan, empty claims. The definition of God does NOT have the word truth in it, just like the word Truth does not have the word God in it. You are redefining words to suit your narrative.

Being disingenuous again?
Which is the embodiment of what is true (as per def)

Sorry, but that is not true, that is not per the definition. You are making that up.

I’m just going to ignore your deflection.
Why do you change the definition of God, to suit yourself?

I have not changed anything, Jan. You're going to ignore it because you know you're wrong and you hate having being told the truth.

Q: I promised myself never to return to this religion forum but I thought "hey, if I can think out of the box and pretend to be different people with different philosophies and somehow get some sort of interesting discussion going. It didn't happen. You missed it.

Q: I promised myself never to return to this religion forum but I thought "hey, if I can think out of the box and pretend to be different people with different philosophies and somehow get some sort of interesting discussion going. It didn't happen. You missed it.

Would be nice to know what you're talking about?

Because "the origin of everything" is a meaningless phrase. Is God the origin of itself?
No. As per definition.
As I have said, even if you had the power to dictate the definitions we use, your definition is of no value.
God, likeTruth, just is.
Nope.
Truth is not a place. It is a quality.
Being disingenuous again?
Trying to explain to you what the rest of us already understand. Nothing can be "beyond truth".

Back