Should we take Ray Comfort Serious? If no, what not?

You’re entitled to your opinion, but the reality is that, God is defined as the origin of everything. So when we discuss God, we should use that definition, so we know what it is we’re discussing.:)

No Jan, that is a general definition of what people like you believe in, but to others, the term God is little more than a contrived idea made up by ignorant goat herders. That's how they know what it is they're discussing. :)

Can you read at all? I'm saying that your definition is not "the" definition. It's a definition. Do you understand the difference between definite articles and indefinite articles?
It is the definition.
That is what God means.
There are different aspects to God, and people worship those aspects. But the primary understanding of God, is that He is the origin of everything.
Try again.

Yes, we know,
So why say it if it doesn’t make sense?
Are you hearing voices, why you say “we”?
Is everything alright?
So, by showing how ridiculous your argument, I show that God is? And, that makes sense to you?
I understand.
It’s one thing to stumble accidentally on evidence for God, but now you have to somehow deny it. All in the public eye.
I feel for you.
Laughing at your absurd claims is having a nervous breakdown? So, anyone who laughs is having a nervous breakdown in your world?
No.
Sometimes we laugh to hide the pain that lurks inside.
I hope everything works out for you.
How long have you felt this way?
And, I'll still be laughing at what you say.
Look man!
If it makes you feel better, then laugh till your heats content. I only want what’s best for you.

Take care man! :frown:

It is the definition.
That is what God means.
There are different aspects to God, and people worship those aspects. But the primary understanding of God, is that He is the origin of everything.
Try again.
No need to try again. You're dead wrong. There are as many definitions of God as there are religions and denominations. If you have any interest in an honest discussion, you should be asking how other people define God.

No need to try again. You're dead wrong. There are as many definitions of God as there are religions and denominations. If you have any interest in an honest discussion, you should be asking how other people define God.
No there isn’t.
People worship different aspects of God. I don’t expect you to comprehend that, given your position. But it is true.
God is one, without a second.
Everything emanates from Him.

But if you’re confident in your claims.
Bring out these vastly different definitions.

People worship different aspects of God.
Sez you. Those people will tell you that they worship different Gods (usually that everybody else worships the wrong God).
God is one, without a second.
Everything emanates from Him.
That's just one idea about God. There are other ideas about God that are just as valid.
Bring out these vastly different definitions.
For example, I could define God as a fictional character that often has magical powers attributed to it. Or I could define "a" god as one of many super-human entities, maybe immortal or maybe not.

Sez you. Those people will tell you that they worship different Gods (usually that everybody else worships the wrong God).
Not dissimilar to how people view “truth”.
But it doesn’t change the definition, or what truth actually is. Does it?

Do you accept the definition of truth?
Or are you one of them there relativists?
That's just one idea about God. There are other ideas about God that are just as valid.
That’s the definition of God. All ideas of Hod, are based on the definition of God.
For example, I could define God as a fictional character that often has magical powers attributed to it. Or I could define "a" god as one of many super-human entities, maybe immortal or maybe not.
You’re an atheist.
Where are these definitions you bang on about?

Which dictionary is that in?

That's not in a dictionary, that's the point, Jan. The dictionary definition is irrelevant. God is not something an authority has defined for a dictionary because God has never been shown to exist to you, me or anyone else. So, whatever definition one uses is always going to based on whatever concept of God is in one's head or one's set of Scriptures. This has been your ongoing error in this fiasco.

So why say it if it doesn’t make sense?
Are you hearing voices, why you say “we”?
Is everything alright?

I understand.
It’s one thing to stumble accidentally on evidence for God, but now you have to somehow deny it. All in the public eye.
I feel for you.

There's no evidence for God, Jan. There's a number of vague definitions, but they are not relevant, especially when it comes to evidence.

No.
Sometimes we laugh to hide the pain that lurks inside.
I hope everything works out for you.
How long have you felt this way?

I'm laughing at someone foolish words, like when you go out to a comedy club and watch a comedian making absurd jokes.

Look man!
If it makes you feel better, then laugh till your heats content. I only want what’s best for you.

Take care man! :frown:

I can only laugh if what you say is really funny. If instead, you were to have an honest discussion, the laughter would probably stop.

But it doesn’t change the definition...
Of course it does. There is no such thing a "the" definition. There are multitudes of definitions.
... or what truth actually is.
Truth is correlation with reality. If an idea is supported by evidence, it is considered "true".
Do you accept the definition of truth?
Not yours.
Or are you one of them there relativists?
The meanings of words are certainly relative.
All ideas of Hod, are based on the definition of God.
Your definition of God is a johnny-come-lately. Many of the others are far older, so they can not be based on your idea.
Where are these definitions you bang on about?
Uh, in dictionaries.

Of course it does. There is no such thing a "the" definition. There are multitudes of definitions.
No there aren’t.
Only an atheist could think that.
Anywayz!
Where are these multitudes of definitions.
Truth is correlation with reality. If an idea is supported by evidence, it is considered "true".
So, you’re one of them there relativists.
Ok.
Your definition of God is a johnny-come-lately. Many of the others are far older, so they can not be based on your idea.
Again, where are these definitions?

The definition of truth I have been using, is word for word out of the dictionary.
Do you accept the dictionary definition of “truth”?

truth - that which is true or in accordance with fact or reality.

No there aren’t.
Only an atheist could think that.
Atheists do think that. And so do a lot of theists. As I pointed out, there are a lot of ideas about God that differe from yours and the people with those ideas are theists.
Where are these multitudes of definitions.
In dictionaries.
So, you’re one of them there relativists.
Everybody is. Even you.
Again, where are these definitions?
In dictionaries.

Don't let him suck you down his rabbithole. He will quibble about the definition of "truth" for four or five pages. Then when he loses that argument he will drop it as if it never existed and post something like "but as an atheist you just don't see the larger picture."

Ideas of God stem from the definition of God.

There you go saying something really funny again, Jan. Ideas of God come from a given set of Scriptures, not a dictionary.

Fun fact: there was no such thing as dictionaries when the ideas of Gods were constructed.

Ideas of God stem from the definition of God.
Don't you get tired of being wrong? Ideas don't stem from definitions. Definitions stem from ideas.

There are many different ideas about God, therefore there are many different definitions of God.
In dictionaries.
No they’re not.
For fuck's sake! Yes they are!
  1. (in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.

2. (in certain other religions) a superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity.

At least have the sense to look something up before you make such asinine statements.

Back