Should we take Ray Comfort Serious? If no, what not?

As I have said, even if you had the power to dictate the definitions we use, your definition is of no value.
It is of the same value as any word we seek to define.
We should always bear in mind what words mean. So when we're discussing the topic, we know what we're talking about.
Why not?
God is the origin of everything.
So God is the origin of truth as well.
Truth is is a quality, or state of being true.
If God is the origin of everything, God must know everything.
This is all going by definition.
You can reject it, or accept it. It makes no difference as those are the definitions.
An honest discussion would have to take everything in account. Not shift goalposts, so end up going off topic.

Last edited:
Trying to explain to you what the rest of us already understand. Nothing can be "beyond truth".
I agree, although that is not in the current definition. But it stands to reason,
God has that same quality, if you are prepared to use reason.
Again, you don't have to accept it a fact. But you should accept that we are defining God, as per definition.

I said "your definition" is of no value, not the word you're defining.
We have not agreed on that definition.
And if your definition was any good, God is also the origin of lies.
But what he's telling you might be lies.
An honest discussion would have to take everything in account.
Including the possibility that everything you think you know about God is a lie.

We should always bear in mind what words mean. So when we're discussing the topic, we know what we're talking about.

Why not?
Truth is is a quality, or state of being true.
This is all going by definition.
You can reject it, or accept it. It makes no difference as those are the definitions.
An honest discussion would have to take everything in account. Not shift goalposts, so end up going off topic.

So sayeth the Holy Dictionary, the book Jan uses to confirm his beliefs in the Bible. Honest discussion, indeed.

So sayeth the Holy Dictionary, the book Jan uses to confirm his beliefs in the Bible. Honest discussion, indeed.
You still here?
This is how I know you’re as mad as hell, because your philosophy has failed you. Now you either have to bury your head in the sand, or own up to your failure.
Either you’re going to take it how on my cyber character.

You still here?
This is how I know you’re as mad as hell, because your philosophy has failed you. Now you either have to bury your head in the sand, or own up to your failure.
Either you’re going to take it how on my cyber character.

This is (Q) mad as hell at Jan ------> Hahahahahahahaha! My sides they are a splittin'.

Speaking of failures, when are you going to understand that dictionaries don't make things real or are used as evidence for the existence of something? Never?

Speaking of failures, when are you going to understand that dictionaries don't make things real or are used as evidence for the existence of something? Never?
Poor you!
You now believe your own lie.

Q!
What is “truth”?

That doesn’t even make sense.
You show logically, albeit accidentally, that God Is.
Now you’re acting like you’re having a nervous breakdown.
Was the pressure too much for you?
Did it take its toll?:redface:
Do you need a moment?:redface:
In fact, take as long as you need.
We’ll all be here when you get back.

I’m just going to ignore your deflection.
Why do you change the definition of God, to suit yourself?
There is no "the" definition of God.
As none of your other definitions over the years have aligned with the knowledge of the knowledgable or the dictionaries on my shelf, it seems you are not very good at defining things - a reasonable person would doubt your definition of God.

Meanwhile: According to my favorite book, and in agreement with common sense, anything that can be named or defined is limited. So if you can define your god, it isn't the god - by definition, so to speak.

a reasonable person would doubt your definition of God.
So what is a reasonable definition of God?
Meanwhile: According to my favorite book, and in agreement with common sense, anything that can be named or defined is limited. So if you can define your god, it isn't the god - by definition, so to speak.
You thought you’d back your first point up with this one, just in case it’s whack (which it is).
You’re entitled to your opinion, but the reality is that, God is defined as the origin of everything. So when we discuss God, we should use that definition, so we know what it is we’re discussing.:)

Last edited:
Are you saying “God” is a definition?
Can you read at all? I'm saying that your definition is not "the" definition. It's a definition. Do you understand the difference between definite articles and indefinite articles?

That doesn’t even make sense.

Yes, we know, that's why we wonder why you continuously use that ridiculous argument.

You show logically, albeit accidentally, that God Is.

So, by showing how ridiculous your argument, I show that God is? And, that makes sense to you?

Now you’re acting like you’re having a nervous breakdown.

Laughing at your absurd claims is having a nervous breakdown? So, anyone who laughs is having a nervous breakdown in your world?

Was the pressure too much for you?
Did it take its toll?:redface:
Do you need a moment?:redface:
In fact, take as long as you need.
We’ll all be here when you get back.

And, I'll still be laughing at what you say.

Back