Should men be boycotted ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod Hat - Commentary and Response

Mod Hat - Commentary and Response

RedArmy11 said:

Moderators: can I call her a dizzy bitch, please?

You already have. It would be more impressive if you could actually come up with something better. Truth of the matter is that the general response hasn't been particularly impressive, and just as the blog in question says more about the author than anything else, so does the reaction say more about the posters than anything else. We've said far worse about people who aren't here to defend themselves in the past, and will most likely say far worse in the future. How you wish to represent yourself is entirely up to you. For instance ....

• • •​

MetaKron said:

There's not much that is funnier than a feminist complaining about men hitting women.

If you say so.

I won't bother turning the phrase to point out that there's not much funnier than a bunch of two-bit morons complaining because their parade has been canceled, in large part because there are plenty of things more humorous.

• • •​

General Note

Bottom line, folks: Although the blog in question seems to be a bit emotional, your utter lack of sympathy--that is, your refusal to even attempt to consider another person's perspective--only hurts you in the long run inasmuch as I'm happy to bear in mind your own standards when considering disputes and standards of propriety. If this is the best you can come up with, don't pollute EM&J with it; take it, instead, to Free Thoughts.

Nor should this be taken as a blanket condemnation of every participant. Unfortunately, reasonable and/or decent consideration is clearly deviant in this discussion, and I think it's a rather sick testament that in your fear so many of you have retreated into contempt and even hatred.

At least it is clear what is important to you. And yes, you certainly should be proud of yourselves; I've come to expect nothing less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back