Scientists discover that atheists might not exist, and that’s not a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
No more than believing I am a humanist means I have dismantled all bias and I am in a position to discern acts of morality based purely on their own merit.
The question is not if you were in a position to discern acts of morality based on their own merit.

The question is if you actively participated in acts of morality on their own merit?
If not, then you aren't a good theist, even if you claim to be one.....:)

Well, you asked First, the butterfly effect has nothing to with being in trouble.
Second, I know that my small efforts have reverberated with good effect through many communities. I now retired, but I am content with my Humanitarian activities over the years.
I assume you are trying to make some point about being the cause of all causes or a state of independence. The butterfly effect or making a few people happy doesn't seem to bear any relevance so you will have to be more specific.

I assume you are trying to make some point about being the cause of all causes or a state of independence. The butterfly effect or making a few people happy doesn't seem to bear any relevance so you will have to be more specific.
The question is if you actively participated in acts of morality on their own merit?
If not, then you aren't a theist, even if you claim to be one.....:)

The question is not if you were in a position to discern acts of morality based on their own merit.
But you were basing that question on the mere external identification of a category ... " Because I identify as an X,Y,Z does that mean I automatically exemplify sufficient qualifications/characteristics of X,Y,Z?"

The answer is, "Obviously not."

But you were basing that question on the mere external identification of a category ... " Because I am an X,Y,Z does that mean I automatically exemplify sufficient qualifications/characteristics of X,Y,Z?"

The answer is, "Obviously not."
If that is your opinion of being a humanist, it is worthless without confirmation of facts.
I don't need to be anything I do not believe in. That's independence.

If that is your opinion of being a humanist, it is worthless without confirmation of facts.
Its an opinion about practically any community an individual cares to identify with ... and far from being worthless, its the only means to avoid cronyism, nepotism, etc.

Its an opinion about practically any community an individual cares to identify with ... and far from being worthless, its the only means to avoid cronyism, nepotism, etc.
By your standards perhaps.
Note the highlighted portions are the only definitions which cite exclusivity;
com·mu·ni·ty, NOUN]
1. a social group of any size whose members reside in a specific locality, share government, and often have a common cultural and historical heritage.
2. a locality inhabited by such a group.
3. a social, religious, occupational, or other group sharing common characteristics or interests and perceived or perceiving itself as distinct in some respect from the larger society within which it exists (usually preceded by the): the business community; the community of scholars.
4. a group of associated nations sharing common interests or a common heritage: the community of Western Europe.
5. Ecclesiastical. a group of men or women leading a common life according to a rule.
In a secular humanitarian interpretation it is the entire community, without regard to creed;
creed, NOUN
1. any system, doctrine, or formula of religious belief, as of a denomination.
2. any system or codification of belief or of opinion.
3. an authoritative, formulated statement of the chief articles of Christian belief, as the Apostles' Creed, the Nicene Creed, or the Athanasian Creed.
4. Apostles' Creed.

By your standards perhaps.
Note the highlighted portions are the only definitions which cite exclusivity; In a secular humanitarian interpretation it is the entire community, without regard to creed;
I said that for every claim of community there is an ideal. By citing the ideal of humanism, its not clear on what grounds you are trying to lodge disagreement.

I said that for every claim of community there is an ideal. By citing the ideal of humanism, its not clear on what grounds you are trying to lodge disagreement.
Secular Humanism is not prejudicial unlike Codified Theism.

"Thou shalt have no false Gods before thee". How do you know which is before thee?

I'm getting bored with this ad nauseum repetition. Bye.

Secular Humanism is not prejudicial unlike Codified Theism.

"Thou shalt have no false Gods before thee". How do you know which is before thee?
Given that humanism extols all Gods are false and thus has an identical if not greater scope for predjudice , its not clear what point you are trying to make.

I'm getting bored with this ad nauseum repetition. Bye.
Well ok.
For the past half dozen posts or so it seems like you have been desperate to find something to disagree on.

Another example confirming my description of your posting, for example 1075 and 1296.

You've forgotten the "description".
Why is the OP a falsehood?
Simple question.

1)That edit - the dot marked missing stuff - is flatly dishonest: it changes the meaning, and misrepresents the post and poster negatively - slander.

1 it's characteristic of W4U, and other atheists taking part in this thread. No matter what, I'm wrong, because I am a theist.
Secondly, I've never seen it affect you when someone else does it. Is it especially wrong because me, a theist did it? Or just because I did it?

So, back to the topic at hand.
Why is the OP, a falsehood?
I've asked at least 10 times, and you still haven't answered.

Jan.

You've forgotten the "description".
Why is the OP a falsehood?
Simple question.
So, back to the topic at hand.
Why is the OP, a falsehood?
I've asked at least 10 times, and you still haven't answered.
Pound sand, troll. I have a three repetition limit on answering questions - that question hit its limit many pages ago.
Secondly, I've never seen it affect you when someone else does it. Is it especially wrong because me, a theist did it? Or just because I did it
Your posting dishonestly is the discussion topic of the thread. You provide examples, they further the discussion.

Secondly, I've never seen it affect you when someone else does it. Is it especially wrong because me, a theist did it? Or just because I did it?

I haven't seen it affect him when he does it either, for some funny reason .... I think he is just a content-free troll

Pound sand, troll.

Not to worry.
I know you have nothing to offer.

Your posting dishonestly is the discussion topic of the thread.

Even if it was, you still can't offer anything. But the reality is, the article appears to be correct, if yours, and other atheists in this thread, attitude, and conduct is anything to go by.

Thanks for providing the evidence, even though it was not your intention.

Jan.

Given that humanism extols all Gods are false and thus has an identical if not greater scope for predjudice , its not clear what point you are trying to make
Why do you persist in making a fool of yourself?
I gave you a clear description of what a Humanist is in post # 1282.

It specifically says
Most humanists are usually people who are atheists but can also be religious

it's characteristic of W4U, and other atheists taking part in this thread. No matter what, I'm wrong, because I am a theist.
Oh really, you come here and tell me that as atheist I am secretly a theist and I tell you that you are wrong and now it is that no matter what you say you are wrong?

Are you that paranoid about atheists, that you have to attribute your false statements to me?

You can start by giving a proper reason as to why you think this thread is a falsehood. If you like.
That's easy. I know several atheists. They have explained to me their philosophies, and they are entirely self consistent. So the claim "atheists might not exist" is proven false.

1 it's characteristic of W4U, and other atheists taking part in this thread. No matter what, I'm wrong, because I am a theist.
I'm not even convinced that you are a theist. You seem more like a deist or a pantheist. You might wish you were a theist....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back