Scientists discover that atheists might not exist, and that’s not a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the term "monotheism", and I reject the common scriptural interpretation as being a sentient and motivated being that IS.
Given that you publicly identify as an atheist, what new information are you providing?

Here is the Eagle Nebula ..the pillars of creation in the central region and to the left the finger of God.
This image has been artificially coloured trying out something.
AlexEagle Nebula 1.jpg

Can you not see how you have become incommunicable?
Or is that your MO?
Another example confirming my description of your posting, for example 1075 and 1296. You've been doing that for 60+ pages now, after opening with the falsehood of the OP.
And not just toward my posts - look at this:
"But whatever take you put forward, it's utterly wrong... "
Classic!

Jan.
1)That edit - the dot marked missing stuff - is flatly dishonest: it changes the meaning, and misrepresents the post and poster negatively - slander.
2) You once again personally attack instead of responding or discussing. As you have throughout the thread.

That is your MO.
Nobody who is "fine" with that behavior is "fine" with discussion.

Given that you publicly identify as an atheist, what new information are you providing?
That I am not even primarily an atheist, but a humanist who happens to be an atheist.
This answers the OP question, but you continue to tell me I am either lying or I don't understand the question. That is just plain hubris on your part. Is it wonder that you piss me off?

That God is the ultimate cause of all causes, existing eternally in a position of absolute independence and self sufficiency yet also as the topmost person, in possession of all qualities in full that we deem as good and attractive.
Person
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A person is a being that has certain capacities or attributes such as reason, morality, consciousness or self-consciousness, and being a part of a culturally established form of social relations such as kinship, ownership of property, or legal responsibility.
The common plural of "person", "people", is often used to refer to an entire nation or ethnic group (as in "a people"). The plural "persons" is often used in philosophical and legal writing.
I am a person and I would like to think I possess or at least strive to attain these qualities. Does that make me a God, or....
If I believe in God do I automatically qualify as being in "possession of all qualities in full that we deem as good and attractive"?

Do you even know what is "good", in an objective sense?

Last edited:
That I am not even primarily an atheist, but a humanist who happens to be an atheist.
This answers the OP question, but you continue to tell me I am either lying or I don't understand the question. That is just plain hubris on your part. Is it wonder that you piss me off?
The paragraph I responded had zero humanist specific content.

I am a person and I would like to think I possess or at least strive to attain these qualities. Does that make me a God, or....

It you can also approach being the ultimate cause of all causes, existing eternally in a position of absolute independence and self sufficiency, then yes, you may have a case to put forward.

If I believe in God do I automatically qualify as being in "possession of all qualities in full that we deem as good and attractive"?
No more than believing I am a humanist means I have dismantled all bias and I am in a position to discern acts of morality based purely on their own merit.

Do you even know what is "good", in an objective sense?
Actually I was suggesting that its practically impossible to be bereft of some degree of understanding what is good and attractive.

It you can also approach being the ultimate cause of all causes, existing eternally in a position of absolute independence and self sufficiency, then yes, you may have a case to put forward.
Well, you know what they say about the "butterfly effect"....:)
Actually I was suggesting that its practically impossible to be bereft of some degree of understanding what is good and attractive.
You think so? At what point does one attain godhood?
Genesis 11, 5 But the Lord came down to see the city and the tower the people were building. 6 The Lord said, “If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. 7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other.”

Seems that "good and attractive" begets punishment, not good!

Last edited:
Well, flap your arms like a butterfly next time you are in trouble and see how that works for you.
I have and made many people happy over many years by small contributions, because what I did was good and attractive.

And on the other hand, it seems that if you do something big it gets you into trouble. It's all very confusing, don't you agree?

You think so? At what point does one attain godhood?
I don't think its a question of attaining. Its kind of like going to the sperm donation centre and saying you would like to become your own father. They would perhaps explain it to you that the position is already taken.

Seems that "good and attractive" begets punishment, not good!
Rendering a border porous is rarely seen as good and attractive by the persons who create them.

Frankly, as far as this topic goes, all I see from you are broad swaggering assertions. I already responded with my take on the OP.
Yes. And it excluded discussion, or philosophy, or anything of intellectual value, relative to the OP - from an insistence on granting validity to a falsehood and "understanding" to the subsequent bad faith in defense, such things cannot follow.

I have and made many people happy over many years by small contributions, because what I did was good and attractive.

And on the other hand, it seems that if you do something big it gets you into trouble. It's all very confusing, don't you agree?
I'm not sure what this has to do with anything.

I'm not sure what this has to do with anything.
Well, you asked
Musika said:
Well, flap your arms like a butterfly next time you are in trouble and see how that works for you.
First, the butterfly effect has nothing to with being in trouble.
Second, I know that my small efforts have reverberated with good effect through many communities. I am now retired, but I am content with my Humanitarian activities over the years.

Last edited:
Only if you wanted to build it lightening fast

:)
You know he was talking to me earlier grumbling about something but I am sure he was saying what ever I want to hear.

I asked him if I should buy that new camera and he said I should.

I was struck by lightning once so I have be chosen...I know I am sane everyone that I ask agrees that I am sane they dont stop nodding.
Did you know I get to go to a neat mountain set in fog when I die.

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back