Scientists discover that atheists might not exist, and that’s not a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
It proves there are documented incidents of atheists persecuting theists.
Well now that is a leap.
Picture one could have been a result of the theist commandment; "Thou shalt have no false Gods before me".
Picture two could be a result of theist worshippers killing the followers of those false Gods.

Don't you even dare to cast these aspersions on atheists, asshole!

Well now that is a leap.
Picture one could have been a result of the theist commandment; "Thou shalt have no false Gods before me".
Picture two could be a result of theist worshippers killing the followers of those false Gods.

Alternatively you can use the google image search function and get an education in (amongst other things) modern history.

Last edited:
Dis-belief "goes to naught" in my religion specifically without the use of violence. Just a miracle waiting to happen."

On 20 November 1979, just ten months after Khomeini and his followers seized power in Iran’s Islamic Revolution, a Sunni radical called Juhayman al-Otaybi occupied the Grand Mosque in Mecca with between 200 and 300 armed supporters. They denounced the Saud family for corruption and for being too open to Western influence, as well as Saudi clerics for not speaking up against these evils. Juhayman demanded that television be banned; that non-Muslims should be expelled from Saudi Arabia; that Muslims should depose their corrupt leaders; and that there should be a return to the way of life and the example of the prophet.
After the occupation, Juhayman and his supporters were besieged by Saudi security forces for two weeks until they were finally overwhelmed (allegedly with help from France and others) at the beginning of December. Juhayman was beheaded, along with most of his surviving followers.
Atheists?

Alternatively you can use the google image search function and get an education in (amongst other things) modern history.
Research on the internet is all I do all day long. I am very well informed on modern history.

This is another example of your impertinence and disrespect for others who are cut from a different cloth.
im·per·ti·nence,
NOUN
1. unmannerly intrusion or presumption; insolence.
2. impertinent quality or action.
3. something impertinent, as an act or statement.
4. an impertinent person.
5. irrelevance, inappropriateness, or absurdity.

He does for innocent minds like children. Once you know it's daddy playing Santa Claus you stop believing.

If daddy dresses up as Santa, Santa exists, as per definition.

No my standard is much more modest.

Denial and rejection in full effect folks.

A simple miracle which physically cannot occur as a natural event.

How could the natural world bring itself into being?

My position is that the concept of God is wholly unneessary to explain the existence of the universe and it's functions.

Surprise! Surprise! NOT.
Your a frickin atheist. :D
What did you think there was a possibility that God could be wholly necessary, to explain the universe, and its functions?
Don't you get it yet?

Jan.

No I I said that the slime mold can be conditioned by external stimulus to anticipate the condition. Much like the pigeon doing the dance in anticipation of receiving a reward. In the slime mold's case it is more subtle. It slows down it's metabolism in anticipation of being exposed to cold.

At least you wasn't silly enough to maintain the notion that the pigeon had an excessively credulous belief in and reverence for the supernatural. :D

Jan.

Only in the mind of a child. It is a subjective experience, until it is revealed that the bearded man in the red suit is daddy. At that point Santa is no longer real.
blah, blah...
Self organization and self assembly are scientifically proven methods. Did you not provide examples yourself?
Surprise! Surprise! NOT.
And that proves I'm wrong? Hubris "Vanity" (a deadly sin)
What did you think there was a possibility that God could be wholly necessary, to explain the universe, and its functions?
Yes I thought about it and have come to the conclusion that a God was not necessary.
Don't you get it yet? Jan.
Yes I do and I do not accept the "common" definition of God as a sentient and motivated being.

And in the absence of a different definition of God by you or any other theist, I'll stick with the common definition, and that is wholly unacceptable as a cosmic imperative.

God is a metaphor, not an equation.
met·a·phor,
NOUN
1. a figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to something to which it is not literally applicable in order to suggest a resemblance, as in “A mighty fortress is our God.”
2. something used, or regarded as being used, to represent something else; emblem; symbol.

Last edited:
Only in the mind of a child. It is a subjective experience, until it is revealed that the bearded man in the red suit is daddy. At that point Santa is no longer real.

No. Santa is right in front of them.
Santa is Santa, because of what Santa wears, and his white beard. If a woman put on a Santa suit, it is still classed as Santa. If you see someone walking down the road., in the middle of July, wearing a Santa suit, you will recognise that as Santa. Get over it.

Self organization and self assembly are scientifically proven methods. Did you not provide examples yourself?

I provided examples of an intelligent agency, causing salt particles to take on various forms, due to the manipulation of sound vibration.
As an atheist you just saw particles self-organise. This is the reality of our respective positions.
And that proves I'm wrong? Hubris "Vanity" (a deadly sin)

No. It is the reason you have this world view.

Yes I thought about it and have come to the conclusion that a God was not necessary.

As an atheist, you had no choice but to come to that, or a similar conclusion.
You'll notice that most atheist, when asked will express the self in a similar way, as long as they are defending their position.

Yes I do and I do not accept the "common" definition of God as a sentient and motivated being.

What do you accept? Mathematics?

Sound like a denial and rejection of God. But the acceptance of something that needn't be identified as God.

And in the absence of a different definition of God by you or any other theist, I'll stick with the common definition, and that is wholly unacceptable as a cosmic imperative.

God is a metaphor, not an equation.

You deny and reject God, which is why you claim there has been no definition of God, from myself.

Jan.

Surprise! Surprise! NOT.
Don't you get it yet?

Jan.
///
So if someone dresses up as god, that means god exists. If someone dresses up as Odin, Odin exists. If someone dresses up as Donald Duck, Donald Duck exists.

<>

Well now that is a leap.

Why the need for adhoms?

Jan.

I do, but you don't listen.
The post in which that claim appears is typical of your posting. Here's the rest of that post:
How so?

How far I push my sinning?
Isn't this religious language?
Isn't this what the article pertains to?
Find your own atheist expressions, don't borrow from the Christian world view.
If you can. :)

I do, but you don't listen. You are too busy defending your delusion. I use that term in the spirit of the article. But I am beginning to notice how deluded, explicit atheists (at least) are.

Atheists don't attack theists, do they.
Nooooooooo....! :rolleyes:
No atheist has attacked me, in this thread. Have they?
Nooooooooo...! :rolleyes:
Notice how accurately my description of your posting predicted your response to that very post:
The wise, though, are not supposed to bear false witness.
The fool is at least not sinning. The OP author is.
- - - -
One can't help but notice that - like a stereotypical swindle pusher - you avoid going into detail or rational defense of your own thinking, or bringing attention to it. You use every question, every issue, as footing for some kind of attack, to direct attention away
So the question remains, and we can repeat it here: "- - - - are you misrepresenting your ideas, as well as other people's? Are you bearing false witness against yourself as well?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back