Religulous

Kramer (in Seinfeld) celebrating Festivus is a personal ideology. :)

I agree. Which is the point of my question to Skin.

No, you appear to miss his point. His point is that atheism (the lack of belief in any gods) is a default state, which we are all born into. It is the teachings of our parents that determine religion.

When you challenge him by substituting a Muslim child, you appear to assert that the Muslim child believes in the tenets of Islam from birth. This is simply untrue.

No, you appear to miss his point. His point is that atheism (the lack of belief in any gods) is a default state, which we are all born into. It is the teachings of our parents that determine religion.

Thats nonsense. Show me a society without religion.

Sam, like most indoctrinated theists, believes she was born a Muslim, even though she couldn't wrap that concept around her tiny brain until years later.

Sam, the entire worlds population of children are without religion, simply because they are unable to understand the concepts of religion, even though their minds are being corrupted by it.

Sam, the entire worlds population of children are without religion, simply because they are unable to understand the concepts of religion, even though their minds are being corrupted by it.

Still waiting on a society in the "default" state

Idiot, I just told you of one. Do you ever fucking read peoples posts? Why the fuck are you still a mod?

You made a false claim.

the entire worlds population of children are without religion

Thats like saying all babies are unable to talk so they have no language. They are merely brainwashed into it by their parents. The default state is that people are born without language

And born without religion. And, don't understand the concepts for years.

They don't understand many things for years, but just because they are not liberals does not make them conservative either. Its a false claim to say you are born with an opinion on something you have no concept of.

They don't understand many things for years, but just because they are not liberals does not make them conservative either. Its a false claim to say you are born with an opinion on something you have no concept of.

People are also born without a political affiliation. What SL is trying to tell you however, is that by definition (at least the one he subscribes to, which is the absence of a belief in any deity), a child is atheist until he chooses (or is indoctrinated) otherwise.

People are also born without a political affiliation.

How do you know? Claiming your child is an atheist when you are an atheist is bad enough. Claiming other people's children are atheist is just ridiculous. You simply do not know.

Appeal to tradition and appeal to belief. Merely because a vast horde of idiots believe that they are born with a religion (rather than having been taught by the compound effect of countless generations of theists) doesn't make it true.

Religion is taught, not hereditary. There is no force in the universe that makes this untrue.

How do you know? Claiming your child is an atheist when you are an atheist is bad enough. Claiming other people's children are atheist is just ridiculous. You simply do not know.

SAM sweetie...there are certain traits that all humans are born with. Similarly there are traits that we are all born without...including language, political affiliation, scientific knowledge and religion. You are fighting a losing battle.

SAM sweetie...there are certain traits that all humans are born with. Similarly there are traits that we are all born without...including language, political affiliation, scientific knowledge and religion. You are fighting a losing battle.

How do you know?

Last edited:

Then, you are making false claims. Children have no opinions of religion because they have no concept of religion. Do you get it now?

Back