"religious" music

I thought i would grab utubes of the songs i posted before and link them. i cannot edit the posts.

Lighthouse family HIGH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc_wPZEzpNU&feature=related

Here is another one from Lighthouse family. I call it the Rapture/Resurection song: I love this mans voice. joy through the sorrow.

Lifted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osAoJ7mhF5Q&feature=related

Dire Straits Brothers in Arms my afganistan song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu4oy1IRTh8&feature=related

Enya How can i keep from singing made a mistake about bridge over troubled water being the most churchy sounding song. This one definitly is the most churchy one :) .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU-O1cEC29o&feature=related

Rod Stweart Sailing
This video is a live version and he looks like he had been taking a few mind altering substances when he performed it, but anyway you got to take what you can get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyIw0gcgfik&feature=related

World Party Ship of fools
My song for the masons and their kingdom of the usa. actually it is a global kingdom, they sit on many waters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdeIZkZo2PM&feature=related

Oh PS sorry i did not see Lori's post linking some of these songs video's. No matter i enjoyed serching them out and listening to them again.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Last edited:
You mentioned INXS lori :) one of my favourites. Got nearly all their work got them before i became a Christian.

Hows this one from Micheal Hutchinson. I think God was reaching out to me before i became a Christian, what do you think. lol

Shine Like it does

This is the power
Since time began
Every single hour
That we have known
And from each moment
All that is left
Sleep of the innocent
Just one desire

Shine like it does
Into every heart
Shine like it does
And if you're looking
You will find it
You will find it

This is the story
Since time began
There will come a day
When we will know

Shine like it does
Into every heart
Shine like it does
And if you're looking
You will find it
You will find it

I could not find a decent version of this on utube.

A couple from a group called ICEHOUSE

Icehouse Nothing too Serious

Twenty story buildings coming down on me
Mountain ranges sliding into the sea
Rivers of blood, Burning red
I got a broken heart, and a broken head

CHORUS
I had a little accident
Nothing too serious
Take a look at this place,
take a look at this mess
Nothing too serious
If you close your eyes it may go away
Nothing too serious
We can do it again some other day
Nothing too serious

Well, I shook myself and I fell out of bed,
I can't remember a thing, was
it something I said?
I don't know my name and I
don't know my place,
There's a crack in the
mirror, a crack in my face
Let me through,
She had a heavy night
Let me through,
She's going to be alright
Let me through,
She'll never leave your sight
guess You'd better take her home!

CHORUS
I had a little accident
Nothing too serious
take a look at this mess
Nothing too serious
Nothing too serious
Nothing too serious

CHORUS till end of song

I did find a Utube for it. i hate this video. someones used the song as a theme song to their video and their video sux. But beggers cannot be choosers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAZtEAb6n3c

OK Second song from ICEHOUSE a little ditty for the masons again. and all the "big people" :)

Icehouse Mr Big
When he's dancin', baby, knows just how to move
When he's in a jam, he knows just what to do
He's talking', baby, knows just what to say
Think what you want, he don't care anyway

But something is missing, Mr. Big...Something is missing, Mr. Big...

You can see him, yeah he's always on the town
And he's dressed to kill he always looks so fine
When he wants to walk he'll walk all over you
He don’t do the things that little people do

But something is missing, Mr. Big...So what's the problem, Mr. Big...
Don't look so happy, Mr. Big...Ooh, something is missing, Mr. Big...
Uh uh yeah...

(Mr., this is Mr. Big! Mr., this is Mr. Big!)
(Mr., please listen, just listen to this, Mr., this is Mr. Big!)

When he wants to walk, he'll walk all over you
He don't do the things that little people do

Oh yeah, don't look so happy, Mr. Big...Something is missing, Mr. Big...
Hm, hm, yeah, something is missing, Mr. Big...
Ooh, something is missing, Mr. Big...
Hm, hm, yeah, something is missing, Mr. Big, hah!...

http:
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpELycMO2zg

Here is a classic. This one is about the end times for sure.

Hooters All you zombies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Qvz9JlPRzU

Holy Moses met the Pharaoh
yeah he tried to set him straight.
looked him in the eye: let my people go.
Holy Moses on the mountain
high above the golden calf
went to get the ten Commandments
he's just gonna break them in half.

All you zombies hide your faces
all you people in the street
all you sittin' in high places
the pieces gonna fall on you.

No one ever spoke to Noah
they all laughed at him instead;
Working on his ark
working all by himself.
Only Noah saw it coming
forty days and forty nights.
Took his sons and daughters with him
yeah they were the Isrealites!

All you zombies hide your faces
the rain's gonna fall on you.

Holy Father what's the matter?
Where have all your children gone?
Sittin' in the dark
living all by themselves
you don't have to hide anymore!

All you zombies show your faces
the rain's gonna fall on you.

All you zombies show your faces
I know your out there.
Lets see you.
It's all gonna fall on you.
Zombieee.

The song writer knows there are very few true Christians in this world. but he or she knows we are out there and wants us to come out.

30 seconds to mars "kings and queens"...

Into the night
Desperate and broken
The sound of a fight
Father has spoken

We were the kings and queens of promise
We were the victims of ourselves
Maybe the children of a lesser God
Between Heaven and Hell
Heaven and Hell

Into your eyes
Hopeless and taken
We stole our new lives
Through blood and pain
In defense of our dreams
In defense of our dreams

We were the Kings and Queens of promise
Maybe the Children of a lesser God
Between Heaven and Hell
Heaven and Hell

The age of man is over
A darkness comes and all
These lessons that we learned here
Have only just begun

We were the Kings and Queens of promise
Maybe the Children of a Lesser God
Between Heaven and Hell

We are the Kings
We are the Queens
We are the Kings
We are the Queens

the video...notice the cross...and the white horse...and the resurrected kid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMX3qv1N37s

Yeah i saw the cross and the white horse and the resurected boy :) Sneaky Stealth message lol and we know who rides the white horse.

Revealtion 19
11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had[e] a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean,[f] followed Him on white horses. 15 Now out of His mouth goes a sharp[g] sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:

KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

this is linkin park's latest single called "the catalyst"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAPXbypyaq0

Wow lori. An incredable song and more so incredable video. Thanks so much for this one. i am almost gobsmacked.

I had a flashback when i was watching it to a dream i had. When i saw the guy in the water bobing up and down in the dark water, oh man i had that dream when i was readinging the bible and struggling to understand it.

The dream starts i am in darkness and in water it is like i am in a deep underground cavern total darkness and i am struggling in water to keep myself above it. The i see a very big black double door i am still in the cold black water and i reach up and start to bang on the door after a time i see above me a pearcing point of light that grows, i am transfixed by it. suddenly the light starts to come down around me filling up the world. I am no longer in water but am standing on solid ground and the light is coming down to reveal the mountain range in the distance and the green landscape before me. I see a gothic style domed building before me accross a bridged river and start to walk. then i wake up and it is all over.

I get the message about the thing mentioned in the video, the thing we can't defeat. the thing we cannot out run is the coming persecution of the anti-christ and the extermination of true followers of Jesus at his hands. We are living under a loaded gun it is only a matter of time before it kills us.

The oceans bleeding into the sky are the murdered followers of Jesus who are deep people not road side puddles like the followers of satan.

As for the Like memories in cold decay Transmissions echoing away, that is lamenting that the less and less of the followers of Jesus there are in the world the less and less people hear the message of Jesus.

Amos 8
“ Behold, the days are coming,” says the Lord GOD, “ That I will send a famine on the land, Not a famine of bread, Nor a thirst for water, But of hearing the words of the LORD.

And of cource the referance to "Lift me up, let me go" is the desire to be raptured/ or granted death to be spared facing the end times.

Then there is the smoke that pervades the video. In a dream i saw similar clouds of dirty smokey color. I was walking above them on my way to meet the returning Jesus. And i like the way the video showed the change to red color of the smoke and the chunks of dirt falling on the people. like the impact of a meteor wormwood.

The whole vid was an apocoliptic production. incredable to see it put forward by such a popular band. I don't think satan will be pleased.

Unless it was an attempt to demoralize Christians??? make them feel defeated and doomed? If it is then it has backfired for them where i am concerned.

Wow lori. An incredable song and more so incredable video. Thanks so much for this one. i am almost gobsmacked.

I had a flashback when i was watching it to a dream i had. When i saw the guy in the water bobing up and down in the dark water, oh man i had that dream when i was readinging the bible and struggling to understand it.

The dream starts i am in darkness and in water it is like i am in a deep underground cavern total darkness and i am struggling in water to keep myself above it. The i see a very big black double door i am still in the cold black water and i reach up and start to bang on the door after a time i see above me a pearcing point of light that grows, i am transfixed by it. suddenly the light starts to come down around me filling up the world. I am no longer in water but am standing on solid ground and the light is coming down to reveal the mountain range in the distance and the green landscape before me. I see a gothic style domed building before me accross a bridged river and start to walk. then i wake up and it is all over.

I get the message about the thing mentioned in the video, the thing we can't defeat. the thing we cannot out run is the coming persecution of the anti-christ and the extermination of true followers of Jesus at his hands. We are living under a loaded gun it is only a matter of time before it kills us.

The oceans bleeding into the sky are the murdered followers of Jesus who are deep people not road side puddles like the followers of satan.

As for the Like memories in cold decay Transmissions echoing away, that is lamenting that the less and less of the followers of Jesus there are in the world the less and less people hear the message of Jesus.

Amos 8
“ Behold, the days are coming,” says the Lord GOD, “ That I will send a famine on the land, Not a famine of bread, Nor a thirst for water, But of hearing the words of the LORD.

And of cource the referance to "Lift me up, let me go" is the desire to be raptured/ or granted death to be spared facing the end times.

Then there is the smoke that pervades the video. In a dream i saw similar clouds of dirty smokey color. I was walking above them on my way to meet the returning Jesus. And i like the way the video showed the change to red color of the smoke and the chunks of dirt falling on the people. like the impact of a meteor wormwood.

The whole vid was an apocoliptic production. incredable to see it put forward by such a popular band. I don't think satan will be pleased.

Unless it was an attempt to demoralize Christians??? make them feel defeated and doomed? If it is then it has backfired for them where i am concerned.

you have really cool dreams.

this is a christian message for sure. there's some weird and good stuff going on with many musicians that god has pointed out to me. it's davinci code-esque with apocalyptic overtones. there is a correct and prophetic message being sung to masses all over the world by these artists. because it's so unexpected of these artists, the message is kind of hidden in plain sight. you know, artists can say so many crazy things because they're artists, and no one really questions them. we tend to think, if their message is too weird, that it's just a product of the artist's imagination. but as you well know, sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction.

here's another linkin park song that speaks a very christian message imo. and if you're into going to concerts at all, this band puts on a really, really good show.

linkin park "what i've done"...

In this farewell
There's no blood
There's no alibi
Cause I've drawn regret
From the truth
Of a thousand lies

So let mercy come
And wash away

What I've done
I'll face myself
To cross out what I've become
Erase myself
And let go of what I've done

Put to rest
What you thought of me
While I clean this slate
With the hands
Of uncertainty

So let mercy come
And wash away

What I've done
I'll face myself
Erase myself

For what I've done

I'll start again
And whatever pain may come
Today this ends
I'm forgiving what I've done

I'll face myself
Erase myself

What I've done

Forgiving what I've done

here's the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMePM9Q-bYk&ob=av2e

i absolutely LOVE that video. you know, i argue with people out here all the time about what's going on in that video, and they just don't see. these boys can see.

notice the grass being sucked into the ground at the beginning of the video, and the scorpion (revelation), and then the grass grows again at the end of the video.

it really gets to me. :bawl:

Last edited:
A good heavy metal music piece.

But sex and success is not the number of the beast.. 666 is.

All praise The Ancient of Days

Yes I know 666 is the number of the beast I thought Iron Maiden made that perfectly clear in their song about that.

i wanted to bring something up in regards to the linkin park video too. i don't know if signal is reading this thread, but he came over to the "free thoughts" forum not too long ago, to express his shock that i get high sometimes. i feel like i've traumatized him lately, and i feel kinda bad.

i'm not going to try to justify my desire to get high, because it's a crutch, and i really do wish i were a stronger person. but i would like to try to explain why i do it sometimes. it helps to calm me down, and it helps to make my body and my mind more comfortable in trying times.

i think wes borland said it very well in these black light burns lyrics...

ignorance was bliss
but now i must adjust
these animals they operate
on jealousy and lust

they keep building and building
their feculent franchise
i wish i could see this filth
through someone else's eyes

as far back as i can remember, into my earliest childhood, i remember being aware of the fact that there was something wrong with the world, and something wrong with me. growing up i didn't understand what was wrong, i could just feel it pressing on me. i could feel it inside of me. it felt like an itch you can't scratch. it made me sad, and it made me hate myself. when i was young, i ran around trying to find ways to scratch the itch. i didn't know what would do it, and it turns out nothing did.

when i came to know god, he opened my eyes up in a lot of ways, to what was wrong. i think it's fair to say, that you wouldn't be able to hope for a better world, if you couldn't see what's wrong with this one. i have come to find out that can really go in-depth, and when it does, it can be very painful. i had a spell a few years ago, where it felt like that linkin park video was on instant replay in the forefront of my brain and the images seared into my retinas so it was all i could see. and it hurt like hell. it was so unbelievably frustrating, i can't even explain to you how it felt. that itch i had always had turned into a disease. i mean, it helped to find out what was wrong, but then you get a load of what is wrong. it creates a very crippling duality.

slipknot "duality"

I push my fingers into my eyes
It's the only thing that slowly stops the ache
But it's made of all the things I have to take
Jesus it never ends, it works it's way inside
If the pain goes on

I have screamed until my veins collapsed
I've waited as my times elapsed
Now all I do is live with so much fate

I wished for this, I bitched at that
I've left behind this little fact
You cannot kill what you did not create

I've gotta say what I've gotta say
And then I swear I'll go away
But I can't promise you'll enjoy the noise

I guess I'll save the best for last
My future seems like one big past
You're left with me 'cause you left me no choice

If the pain goes on, I'm not gonna make it

Put me back together or separate the skin from bone
Leave me all the pieces
Then you can leave me alone

Tell me the reality is better than the dream
But I've found out the hard way
Nothing is what it seems

All I've got, all I've got is insane

here's the video. don't let the masks scare you, these guys are very, very good...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fVE8kSM43I&ob=av2e

did you notice everyone stops to pray during the bridge? hahaha!! i love that part.

Last edited:
Yes I know 666 is the number of the beast I thought Iron Maiden made that perfectly clear in their song about that.

i was talking to my husband about this thread and he said that metallica wrote "kill 'em all" after getting high and watching the movie "the ten commandments". i know "leper messiah" is about religion, and "creeping death" about a plague. i'm going to have to dig that cd out now.

A couple from a group called ICEHOUSE

Icehouse Nothing too Serious

Twenty story buildings coming down on me
Mountain ranges sliding into the sea
Rivers of blood, Burning red

CHORUS
I had a little accident
Nothing too serious
take a look at this mess
Nothing too serious
Nothing too serious
Nothing too serious

Well, I shook myself and I fell out of bed,
I can't remember a thing, was
it something I said?
I don't know my name and I
don't know my place,
There's a crack in the
mirror, a crack in my face
Let me through,
She had a heavy night
Let me through,
She's going to be alright
Let me through,
She'll never leave your sight
guess You'd better take her home!

CHORUS
I had a little accident
Nothing too serious
take a look at this mess
Nothing too serious
Nothing too serious
Nothing too serious

CHORUS till end of song

I did find a Utube for it. i hate this video. someones used the song as a theme song to their video and their video sux. But beggers cannot be choosers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAZtEAb6n3c

OK Second song from ICEHOUSE a little ditty for the masons again. and all the "big people" :)

Icehouse Mr Big
He's talking', baby, knows just what to say
Think what you want, he don't care anyway

But something is missing, Mr. Big...Something is missing, Mr. Big...

You can see him, yeah he's always on the town
And he's dressed to kill he always looks so fine
When he wants to walk he'll walk all over you
He don’t do the things that little people do

Don't look so happy, Mr. Big...Ooh, something is missing, Mr. Big...
Uh uh yeah...

(Mr., this is Mr. Big! Mr., this is Mr. Big!)
(Mr., please listen, just listen to this, Mr., this is Mr. Big!)

When he wants to walk, he'll walk all over you
He don't do the things that little people do

Oh yeah, don't look so happy, Mr. Big...Something is missing, Mr. Big...
Hm, hm, yeah, something is missing, Mr. Big...
Ooh, something is missing, Mr. Big...
Hm, hm, yeah, something is missing, Mr. Big, hah!...

http:
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpELycMO2zg

icehouse?! i used to have that on cassette tape!

we'll say this song's about communion. it's called "we can get together". i love this song! everybody dance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzRCYjlIVYw

Yeah i saw the cross and the white horse and the resurected boy :) Sneaky Stealth message lol and we know who rides the white horse.

Revealtion 19
11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had[e] a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean,[f] followed Him on white horses. 15 Now out of His mouth goes a sharp[g] sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:

KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

i don't know if you're familiar with this band, but 30 seconds to mars is one of my favorites, and world-reknown, mainstream rock. this song is all over the radio in the states right now. and their singer, jared leto, is a very famous actor. he's the "pretty" blonde kid, who gets his face all tore up in "fight club". i hate that scene.

so "leper messiah" isn't from "kill 'em all", it's from "master of puppets". :eek: oops.

still. if the man is willing to be the figurehead, and he dons the gaudy hat, i think it's fair to say this song can be about the pope. not that it doesn't apply to people outside of catholicism as well...

Spineless from the start, sucked into the part
Circus comes to town, you play the lead clown
Please, please
Spreading his disease, living by his story
Knees, knees
Falling to your knees, suffer for his glory
You will

Time for lust, time for lie
Time to kiss your life goodbye
Send me money, send me green
Heaven you will meet
Make a contribution
And you'll get a better seat

Bow to Leper Messiah

Marvel at his tricks, need your Sunday fix
Blind devotion came, rotting your brain
Chain, chain
Join the endless chain, taken by his glamour
Fame, Fame
Infection is the game, stinking drunk with power
We see

Bow to Leper Messiah

Witchery, weakening
Sees the sheep are gathering
Set the trap, hypnotize
Now you follow

Lie Lie Lie Lie Lie Lie Lie Lie

RAWK!...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmWroc4VarY

Yes thet did say that 666 was the number of the beast but in the song they state "sex, success the number of the beast" kind of like they where interpreting 666 to mean sex and success.

Back