Religion, Dinosaurs, A.I. and Aliens

I find it strange that a religious person would believe in dinosaurs but not in evolution.
[edit]
Hmm i see, they believe the dinosaurs were around together with humans (!)

So I guess they wouldn't have a problem with the 1950's comic 'Turok and Andar, sons of stone' which had a couple of American Indian brothers being chased around by various dinosaurs and tribes of neanderthals? It's at least 45 years since I read any of the stories, that's all I remember about them.

Er no, no and no.
Dinosaurs were real.
AI may be a real one day.
Aliens are an assumption.
No pass for you today.

all were, and are, possible. walking on water as a way to appear superior... this is just a empirical form of what we call comic books now. seeing is believing, and that doesn't apply to seeing the printed words one writes.

all were, and are, possible.
AI is assumed to be possible.

walking on water as a way to appear superior... this is just a empirical form of what we call comic books now.
No: surely comic books are themselves?
They don't need an empirical form, they exist.

seeing is believing, and that doesn't apply to seeing the printed words one writes.
Unfortunately that's true for far too many people.
As is the converse: too many people only see what they believe.

Last edited:
just saying, if i wanted to know something unoriginal and simply others' words, i'd go on wikipedia. you don't need intellect to read a lot and have a recurring opinion.

just saying, if i wanted to know something unoriginal and simply others' words, i'd go on wikipedia. you don't need intellect to read a lot and have a recurring opinion.

So you're bored.. please go do that somewhere else.

Just curious. How does our Christian, Hindu and Muslim bretheren here explain the dinosaurs and when they lived, the possibilty of an A.I. coming into existence in the next 20 years and the possibility of alien life?

~String
As a Muslim I can say the dinosaurs are in the Koran.

"Behold! in the creation of the heavens and the earth; in the alternation of the night and the day; in the sailing of the ships through the ocean for the profit of mankind; in the rain which God Sends down from the skies, and the life which He gives therewith to an earth that is dead; in the beasts of all kinds that He scatters through the earth; in the change of the winds, and the clouds which they Trail like their slaves between the sky and the earth;- (Here) indeed are Signs for a people that are wise.

As for AI, if the AI asks Mohammad for forgiveness and seeks Allah through the Koran then yes the AI is Muslim and will seek eternity with Allah.

As for Aliens, there is no evidence of Aliens. But, if an Alien were to be found, then it would have been foretold of in the Koran. It's not always to see the wisdom of Allah and interpret the TRUE meaning of the Koran until after-the-fact.

As for Aliens, there is no evidence of Aliens. But, if an Alien were to be found, then it would have been foretold of in the Koran. It's not always to see the wisdom of Allah and interpret the TRUE meaning of the Koran until after-the-fact.

Sounds a bit like Nostradamus...:D

Our hominid ancestors split from their ape relatives about eight million years ago. Given that we have evolved from such a source, it's equally possible that other orders of life have evolved towards intelligence that equals our own--or surpassed it, indeed, given the age of the universe and the number of chances for a new start for the evolutionary process.

So it's better than remotely possible that some of the alien races we'll meet in future--when we enter space properly instead of just playing in our own back yard--will be the remote descendents of reptiles, amphibians, birds, et. al., just as we were once related closely to apes.

One of the early Greek philosophers said that if cattle could worship a god, they would give him horns...Given therefore that religious imagery is usually anthropomorphic to some degree, what would be the nature of the gods who these folk worship, and what legends or holy books would they have to show us?

Back