Rebirth, Heaven, Hell, nothingness?

Rebirth, Heaven, Hell, nothingness?

• Total voters
Yes, part of the universe. That makes you universe dont it ? Is part of an apple not apple ? Tell ya what.. good luck changing the laws of physics.. and drop me a note when you succeeded.

well obviously not since I can hack away at dirt and it'll move, but I feel no pain therefore I'm not a part of dirt

Something cant manipulate itself.
If you did it on purpose you, at some level, wanted to do it. Even if it was a little voice inside your head; the little voice is YOU.

Or course you can manipulate yourself. We do it all the time. Perhaps you have not stopped manipulating yourself in a profound way at some point in your life. That experience makes it very clear. The little voice inside my head is actually not me, in the instances I was referring to. No more than when I get a cold I am the virus replicating itself in my body. Most people have 'voice viruses' their whole lives, thinking these are a part of them and that they must bow down to these voices much like people bow down to popes and other authority figures on the outside.

You'll either understand this by experiencing it or you will continue thinking you are being logical.

Parts can co-opt the whole. And wholes can be co-opted by things that are smaller than them. The phenomenon of giving away power is endemic.

Or course you can manipulate yourself. We do it all the time. Perhaps you have not stopped manipulating yourself in a profound way at some point in your life. That experience makes it very clear. The little voice inside my head is actually not me, in the instances I was referring to. No more than when I get a cold I am the virus replicating itself in my body. Most people have 'voice viruses' their whole lives, thinking these are a part of them and that they must bow down to these voices much like people bow down to popes and other authority figures on the outside.

You'll either understand this by experiencing it or you will continue thinking you are being logical.

Parts can co-opt the whole. And wholes can be co-opted by things that are smaller than them. The phenomenon of giving away power is endemic.

Maybe i followed through a bit too much but:
Well the universe is just an object pretty much, it exists and like anything can be manipulated
Since it has no will, our will can change it:)
Like a rock. We can do whatever we want with a rock.

The universe aint just a rock you can move around and change to your liking. Norsefire was talking about changing the laws of physics in order to achieve immortality. He was going to manipulate the universe to change to laws of physics.
You have to see the conversation in that light..

No, I live IN the universe but I myself am not the Universe.

No, not change the laws of physics, that cannot be done. But find a LOOPHOLE and find a way to achieve what you want. You cannot change the laws, but you can find a way around them;)

No, I live IN the universe but I myself am not the Universe.

No, not change the laws of physics, that cannot be done. But find a LOOPHOLE and find a way to achieve what you want. You cannot change the laws, but you can find a way around them;)

Man.. you ARE a part of the universe. The universe is ALL the is, that includes you..
How is finding a loophole in the laws of physics, or finding a way around the laws of physics manipulating the universe ?? Thats not manipulation. Sigh, i wish you had said this earlier.. ;)

Man.. you ARE a part of the universe. The universe is ALL the is, that includes you..
How is finding a loophole in the laws of physics, or finding a way around the laws of physics manipulating the universe ?? Thats not manipulation. Sigh, i wish you had said this earlier.. ;)

It is manipulation because I am finding said loophole and putting it to effect. Anything you do to change anything is manipulation. If I paint a rock black, it is manipulating the rock.

So I'm sure there is a means of Immortality through some loophole in Human nature.

It is manipulation because I am finding said loophole and putting it to effect. Anything you do to change anything is manipulation. If I paint a rock black, it is manipulating the rock.

So I'm sure there is a means of Immortality through some loophole in Human nature.

If you find a loophole you have done no manipulation whatsoever. The loophole was always there, you just found it.
I'm not sure if painting a rock black is actually manipulating the rock, since you aren't changing any of its properties i'd say it isn't manipulation.

If you find a loophole you have done no manipulation whatsoever. The loophole was always there, you just found it.
I'm not sure if painting a rock black is actually manipulating the rock, since you aren't changing any of its properties i'd say it isn't manipulation.

Manipulation is any change you do, which therefore means I did manipulate the rock by changing the property of color.

Now, I do believe there are many loopholes in the universe. You can't break the laws of physics, but you can bend them and find some loophole to suit your needs.

Like some may say it is impossible to travel through space faster than light. That's true (according to Einstein) but that doesn't mean you can't ARRIVE faster than light. Wormholes, for instance.

Rebirth. Cause after two thousand years, heaven must be getting crowded.
:bugeye: You're...odd.

No, it may not exist. But it DOES in your mind. I think that when you die, although you lose your body you keep your mind, and therefore think of heaven and you are there

For a Muslim you think weirdly and differently, by any chance are you alawi?

What would nothingness be like?
Ahh...Nothing?

Back