Read the appalling Chapter 31 of the Book of Numbers

Good question. Yet people seem to think that simply making the claim is sufficient.
It is not provable yet it keeps getting repeated as if it were actually worth repeating.

it helps if you've experienced gods inspiration first hand but that supposes one wouldn't find a way to dissmiss it as something else..

Plus, of course, the claim pre-supposes that god exists.

duh..your talking to christians.....

It's another "we know the bible is true because god inspired it, and we know god exists because it says so in the bible".

i know the bible has truth in it..
I know god exists because he has been here with me whether i wanted him to or not..
i didn't actually become a christian till i was around 30..
the only church experiance was from when my mom dropped me off at the closest church on sunday morning so she could sleep more..
so most of what i know about god is because of experiance,the bible helps me to explain where i have seen god,but even that is inadaquit(SpellFail) to explain sometimes..

it helps if you've experienced gods inspiration first hand but that supposes one wouldn't find a way to dissmiss it as something else..
Even ignoring your suspicious little contention that I'd find a way to dismiss it :p are we to take it that everyone who states "the bible was inspired by god" has actually experienced this inspiration at first hand and isn't simply repeating something they've been told?

Yes, I must stop doing that. ;)

i know the bible has truth in it..
I know god exists because he has been here with me whether i wanted him to or not..
i didn't actually become a christian till i was around 30..
the only church experiance was from when my mom dropped me off at the closest church on sunday morning so she could sleep more..
so most of what i know about god is because of experiance,the bible helps me to explain where i have seen god,but even that is inadaquit(SpellFail) to explain sometimes..

You seriously need some lessons in spelling :)

Read the relevant posts.
If one line has 46 generations and another has 28, while both have the same end and start points what does that imply to you?

Again why would both have the same starting point?

Even cutting a generation to 10 years, the age difference would be 180 years between Mary and Joseph, and they didn't live to be 180 years old at that time., in point of fact they did well to live past 40ty.

Again why would both have the same starting point?
So you didn't bother reading the thread...
From David to Jesus. That was the claim.

Even cutting a generation to 10 years, the age difference would be 180 years between Mary and Joseph, and they didn't live to be 180 years old at that time., in point of fact they did well to live past 40ty.
You can't have 10-year generations since the 10 year-old kids wouldn't have reached puberty and wouldn't be able to have their own kids.

Even ignoring your suspicious little contention that I'd find a way to dismiss it :p are we to take it that everyone who states "the bible was inspired by god" has actually experienced this inspiration at first hand and isn't simply repeating something they've been told?

thats a communication issue..the stater knows what they are talking about(or think they do)..the hearer has to discern is it 'do as your told' or 'think for yourself'..how?..ASK!

something about the bible that i can't quite get my brain around..

it is said that the ppl of the old testament lived longer that we do today..it is said that moses was something like 200 years old before he died..

does anyone have any more info about this?

Here is the offending Chapter in full!!

[1] And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying: [2] Revenge first the children of Israel on the Madianites, and so thou shalt be gathered to thy people. [3] And Moses forthwith said: Arm of you men to fight, who may take the revenge of the Lord on the Madianites. [4] Let a thousand men be chosen out of every tribe of Israel to be sent to the war. [5] And they gave a thousand of every tribe, that is to say, twelve thousand men well appointed for battle.

[6] And Moses sent them with Phinees the son of Eleazar the priest, and he delivered to him the holy vessels, and the trumpets to sound. [7] And when they had fought against the Madianites and had overcome them, they slew all the men. [8] And their kings Evi, and Recem, and Sur, and Hur, and Rebe, five princes of the nation: Balaam also the son of Beer they killed with the sword. [9] And they took their women, and their children captives, and all their cattle, and all their goods: and all their possessions they plundered: [10] And all their cities, and their villages, and castles, they burned.

[11] And they carried away the booty, and all that they had taken both of men and of beasts. [12] And they brought them to Moses, and Eleazar the priest, and to all the multitude of the children of Israel. But the rest of the things for use they carried to the camp on the plains of Moab, beside the Jordan over against Jericho. [13] And Moses and Eleazar the priest and all the princes of the synagogue went forth to meet them without the camp. [14] And Moses being angry with the chief officers of the army, the tribunes, and the centurions that were come from the battle, [15] Said: Why have you saved the women?

[16] Are not these they, that deceived the children of Israel by the counsel of Balaam, and made you transgress against the Lord by the sin of Phogor, for which also the people was punished? [17] Therefore kill all that are of the male sex, even of the children: and put to death the women, that have carnally known men. [18] But the girls, and all the women that are virgins save for yourselves: [19] And stay without the camp seven days. He that hath killed a man, or touched one that is killed, shall be purified the third day and the seventh day. [20] And of all the spoil, every garment, or vessel, or any thing made for use, of the skins, or hair of goats, or of wood, shall be purified.

[16] "The sin of Phogor"... The sin committed in the worship of Beelphegor.

[17] "Of the children"... Women and children, ordinarily speaking, were not to be killed in war, Deut. 20. 14. But the great Lord of life and death was pleased to order it otherwise in the present case, in detestation of the wickedness of this people, who by the counsel of Balaam, had sent their women among the Israelites on purpose to draw them from God.

[21] Eleazar also the priest spoke to the men of the army, that had fought, in this manner: This is the ordinance of the law, which the Lord hath commanded Moses: [22] Gold, and silver, and brass, and iron, and lend, and tin, [23] And all that may pass through the fire, shall be purified by fire, but whatsoever cannot abide the fire, shall be sanctified with the water of expiation: [24] And you shall wash your garments the seventh day, and being purified, you shall afterwards enter into the camp. [25] And the Lord said to Moses:

[26] Take the sum of the things that were taken both of man and beast, thou and Eleazar the priest and the princes of the multitude: [27] And thou shalt divide the spoil equally, between them that fought and went out to the war, and between the rest of the multitude. [28] And thou shalt separate a portion to the Lord from them that fought and were in the battle, one soul of five hundred as well of persons as of oxen and asses and sheep. [29] And thou shalt give it to Eleazar the priest, because they are the firstfruits of the Lord. [30] Out of the moiety also of the children of Israel thou shalt take the fiftieth head of persons, and of oxen, and asses, and sheep, and of all beasts, and thou shalt give them to the Levites that watch in the charge of the tabernacle of the Lord.

[31] And Moses and Eleazar did as the Lord had commanded. [32] And the spoil which the army had taken, was six hundred seventy-five thousand sheep, [33] Seventy-two thousand oxen, [34] Sixty-one thousand asses: [35] And thirty-two thousand persons of the female sex, that had not known men.

[36] And one half was given to them that had been in the battle, to wit, three hundred thirty-seven thousand five hundred sheep: [37] Out of which, for the portion of the Lord, were reckoned six hundred seventy-five sheep. [38] And out of the thirty-six thousand oxen, seventy-two oxen: [39] Out of the thirty thousand five hundred asses, sixty-one asses: [40] Out of the sixteen thousand persons, there fell to the portion of the Lord, thirty-two souls.

[41] And Moses delivered the number of the firstfruits of the Lord to Eleazar the priest, as had been commanded him, [42] Out of the half of the children of Israel, which he had separated for them that had been in the battle. [43] But out of the half that fell to the rest of the multitude, that is to say, out of the three hundred thirty-seven thousand five hundred sheep, [44] And out of the thirty-six thousand oxen, [45] And out of the thirty thousand five hundred asses,

[46] And out of the sixteen thousand persons, [47] Moses took the fiftieth head, and gave it to the Levites that watched in the tabernacle of the Lord, as the Lord had commanded. [48] And when the commanders of the army, and the tribunes and centurions were come to Moses, they said: [49] We thy servants have reckoned up the number of the fighting men, whom we had under our hand, and not so much as one was wanting. [50] Therefore we offer as gifts to the Lord what gold every one of us could find in the booty, in garters and tablets, rings and bracelets, and chains, that thou mayst pray to the Lord for us.

[51] And Moses and Eleazar the priest received all the gold in divers kinds, [52] In weight sixteen thousand seven hundred and fifty sicles, from the tribunes and from the centurions. [53] For that which every one had taken in the booty was his own. [54] And that which was received they brought into the tabernacle of the testimony, for a memorial of the children of Israel before the Lord.

something about the bible that i can't quite get my brain around..

it is said that the ppl of the old testament lived longer that we do today..it is said that moses was something like 200 years old before he died..

does anyone have any more info about this?

Lunacy. Simple really. Moses didn't even exist. He is as much a figment of someones imagination as much as Jeebus.

Alan McDougall 14/7/2007

1) Verse: 2 the Lord said to Moses take vengeance on the Midianites. In direct contrast, Jesus said, forgive those who hate you and despitefully use you. It is easy to love those that love you, but I say love those that hate you. Vengeance is mine said the lord I will recompense. However, here God appears to go against his own word and commands Moses to take vengeance.

2) Verses: 3- 6 Make war and kill said the lord. This is a direct contradiction to Gods own commandment. Thou shalt not kill. Jesus said if a man strikes you on the one cheek turn and offer him the other and not to violence.

3) Verses: 6-13 here the armies of Israel go out and destroy, spoil, burn and steal and plunder on Gods command. In addition, they slaughter all the adult males however; this is not sufficient bloodletting slaughter to please Moses or God as we read from verse 14.

In contrast, Jesus said he that lives by the sword would die by the sword. The soldiers apparently somewhat kinder and merciful than Moses spared the woman and children much to Mosses disappointment and anger

4) Verse: 14 Moses was wroth (angry) with the officers. Why? Because they had not slaughtered THE WHOLE LOT, WOMAN, CHILDREN, like they had done to the adult males.

So what is sweet kind merciful Moses proposal? Verse: 15, He says now murder all the “little boys”. In ABSOLUTE contrast Jesus said blessed are the little children for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

For goodness sake is this the same merciful loving God depicted by Jesus. No this horrific story does not end yet. Moses goes on saying.” Kill all the woman” except those that have not had "sex with a man". How on earth in those remote primitive days were the soldiers to know which woman was a virgin and which were not?.

There was definitely no gynecologist way back in 300O B.C. WERE THERE? So to me they must on Moses command raped all the woman first and then murdered those who were not virgins. Why was it necessary to rape them all? Because a woman’s age does not necessarily indicate whether a woman is a virgin or not.

5) Now if any learned rational bible scholar can tell me that this is the same father God that is the same yesterday tomorrow and forever, I am all eyes and ears waiting for a logical explanation. You know if one takes out the title God and Moses and replaces them with Hitler and Rudolf Hess, no one would question that it was the work of the evil Hitler regime. Would they?
6) Alan McDougall 13/7/2007

Why is it that you people are more concerned about a small number of deaths over 3,000 years ago than you are with a much greater number of deaths in our own era wrought by atheists? The millions of unborn babies being killed in our time, soe even at this moment, don't concern you probably - correct me if I am wrong.

You also don't understand the relationship between the Old and the New Testaments.

I believe the Old and the New Testaments are the inspired and inerrant word of God, which factually record what actually happened. If I am wrong and that is not the case, the Israelite conquest of Canaan (if it even occurred at all) was no different from countless other invasions and massacres that have occurred all over the world in all cultures at one time or another.I am sure Moses and the Israelites killed fewer people than the Mongols and the Huns.

If on the other hand the bible does present an accurate picture, as I have said I believe it does, then we have a totally different situation in which Moses was in fact a servant of God who was bringing God's commanded destruction on the Canaanites, first for their wickedness and centuries of sin that had greatly angered God, and second because it was necessary for the Jews to be establihsed in the land and this could not be accomplished until the Canaanites were removed.

God, as the giver of life, has the right to take it, he has the authority to remove nations and peoples and Moses was a divine instrument of God's anger.

Don't worry, you don't have to be afraid that Chjristians and Jews willnow feel they can kill anyone God commands them to. All serious Christians and Jews who believe in the bible and try to live by it know very well that Moses was in an absolutely unique situation that has never been repeated at any time in history.

Christians also know that in Christ we have a more complete and final revelation, we are not called to do the work of Moses, but are called to something very different.

Finally, even the New Testament gives governments the power of the sword to punish evil (see Romans 13). Without this life would be unliveable. We do not have to lie down and allow evil doers to conquer the world but are allowed to resist them through lawful governments by the police and the military. The sermon on the Mount is a guide for individual believers in Christ, it is not a manual for government.

I suspect the fiery devastation wrought on German and Japanese cities in WWII doesn't bother you very much. FDR and Churchill killed a lot more people than Moses did, and they didn't spare the virgins either- "Just kill them all"without distinction from 20,000 feet (or whatever altitude it was).

correct me if I am wrong.

Most emphatically, you are wrong.

You also don't understand the relationship between the Old and the New Testaments.

I believe the Old and the New Testaments are the inspired and inerrant word of God

Oh yes, the inspired and inerrant word of your god, even though he changed his mind about how you're supposed to live from one book to the other. :rolleyes:

it was necessary for the Jews to be establihsed in the land and this could not be accomplished until the Canaanites were removed.

Only a psychotic despot would think and act in those terms.

God, as the giver of life, has the right to take it, he has the authority to remove nations and peoples and Moses was a divine instrument of God's anger.

We can use that line of logic with Hitler. He was a "divine instrument of God's anger" too.

All serious Christians and Jews who believe in the bible and try to live by it know very well that Moses was in an absolutely unique situation that has never been repeated at any time in history.

Except, maybe the Crusades, the Inquisition, witch burnings, etc.

Christians also know that in Christ we have a more complete and final revelation, we are not called to do the work of Moses, but are called to something very different.

Yes, the Canaanites are long gone, the rest of humanity is now the target of hatred and destruction.

We do not have to lie down and allow evil doers to conquer the world but are allowed to resist them through lawful governments by the police and the military.

Yes, but unfortunately, we are supposed to respect your beliefs and not resist them.

I suspect the fiery devastation wrought on German and Japanese cities in WWII doesn't bother you very much. FDR and Churchill killed a lot more people than Moses did, and they didn't spare the virgins either- "Just kill them all"without distinction from 20,000 feet (or whatever altitude it was).

Yes well, if we continued on that line of reasoning, there would be 2 billion people who were active Nazi party members, if we equate the atrocities of WWII with the atrocities of Christianity.

I'll bet you just can't wait for your god to roast me on a spit. Nice hatred you're perpetuating there. Well done.

No no dear Q Just a little banter to see if you have a sense of humor, in fact I really like you in a perverse type of way

God's justice

Most emphatically, you are wrong.
Pretty sure of yourself, aren't you?

Oh yes, the inspired and inerrant word of your god, even though he changed his mind about how you're supposed to live from one book to the other. :rolleyes:

The parents tell the five year old child "You may not drive the car. You may not play in the park by yourself." But the 18 year old is allowed to do those things. The parents changed their minds. Do you think God is allowed to give commandments for one situation but not for other situations?

Plus, you missed my point that Romans 13 in the New Testament plainly allows for violence and force to be used by police and armies of legitimate governments, and the Sermon on the Mount is a guide for individual believers, not for government policy. So, even in the New Testament era some force is allowed.

Only a psychotic despot would think and act in those terms.
You are unaware that God (a) is the giver of life in a way that no human is and so he has the right to take life in a way that no human has. He has just as much right to take any or all human lives at any time as you have to turn off a light switch in your own home.

You don't need to worry that Christians who are serious about following Christ will take it into their heads to start killing people that God told them to kill. We are not called to be agents of God's wrath, but agents of reconciliation.

You are also unaware that (b) God is motivated by perfect justice, justice that hates the evil things people do. God is patient and willing to forgive, but after enough time (centuries in the case of the Canaanites) he does send judgment. You don't like the idea, but reality is not based upon our likes and dislikes.

We can use that line of logic with Hitler. He was a "divine instrument of God's anger" too.
This is more than just a "line of logic." Anyone can say "God told me to do it but as we all know that doesn't make it true. What is extraordinary about Moses is that in his case, it was true.

Except, maybe the Crusades, the Inquisition, witch burnings, etc.
Hmm, you forgot the Gulag, the NKVD, the Cultural Revolution in China, the killings of Pol Pot - atheists relying on human reason alone and rejecting God have perpetrated much greater atrocities than the ones you mentioned.

Also, the Inquisition, the Crusades, and witch burnings were totally contrary to the message of Christ. Romans 13 which I mentioned earlier as sanctioning government force applies to legitimate acts of defense and criminal justice, not killing people for religious beliefs (the Inquisition), fighting over so-called holy places which are really not holy at all (the Crusades), or burning witches when Christ plainly said the Mosaic death penalty for moral offences was something we are not worthy to enforce (the woman taken in adultery - Christ never repudiated the death penalty for murderers for example).

Yes, the Canaanites are long gone, the rest of humanity is now the target of hatred and destruction.
Do you mean the millions of unborn children targeted for destruction by secularists who think we are only animals and have no real respect for human life? To say mankind is a target for hatred and destruction by Christians is totally false. If you are speaking of Islam, may I point out that Mohammed and Christ were two very different people, and people who try to follow them go in very different directions?

Yes, but unfortunately, we are supposed to respect your beliefs and not resist them.

Respect my beliefs? It is open season on Christians, they are constantly criticized, rejected, and ridiculed. Hitchens, Dawkins, etc,. do not respect Christianity and they write best selling books. Where do you get the idea people have to respect Christianity? I think I know - it is because people are afraid to criticize Islam. They don't want to offend the Muslims out of fear, but they claim it is "respect," then you transfer this to the Christians.

You are quite free to resist my beliefs, but please, no secret police, concentration camps, etc. such as atheists have used recently and are still using today in officially atheist Red China. Stick to debates and arguments and I have no problem with your disbelief. But, don't forget, that works both ways. Christians also do not have to lie down and be silent before your ideas, and have every right to express their beliefs as well.

Yes well, if we continued on that line of reasoning, there would be 2 billion people who were active Nazi party members, if we equate the atrocities of WWII with the atrocities of Christianity.

I said I suspected the massive bombings of WWII didn't bother you. Was I right? Why is it that human beings have the right to bring fiery devastation and wipe out their enemies but God does not? I await an answer to this question.

Alan McDougall 14/7/2007

1) Verse: 2 the Lord said to Moses take vengeance on the Midianites. In direct contrast, Jesus said, forgive those who hate you and despitefully use you.

Moses wins by an uncatachable margin. Let JC tell us how he would behave when a mad dog is chasing with the limbs of loved ones already in its jaws. Quoting half sentences is a lie-by-omission. Moses is vindicated in all nation's judiciary institutions - how about yours?

What was ommited in your selective quoting is the 'WHY' factor - what was the reason a response was advocated of the Medianites. Hello?

The Gospels is a lawless document which tried obsessively to fullfil away humanity's most majestic laws - and failed utterly and totally. The followers of the Gospels became the world's greatest murderers of innocent humans - the exact reverse applies with the followers of Moses.

WALK HUMBLY WITH THY GOD.

I believe the Old and the New Testaments are the inspired and inerrant word of God, which factually record what actually happened.

No - not so. These are mutually exclusive sets of doctrines. I'd wait till Moses re-appears to affirm what the Gospels says. :D

I know of not a single advocation of the Gospels which is accepted by any non-Christian or accepted in any of humanuty's institutions. If I am wrong, can you please say which doctrine of the NT prevails today?

Actually, I cannot agree with this - Red Japan did more evil or at par with the Nazis - examine their deeds in China, for example. It would have been a crime not to respond.

If I am wrong and that is not the case, the Israelite conquest of Canaan (if it even occurred at all) was no different from countless other invasions and massacres that have occurred all over the world in all cultures at one time or another.I am sure Moses and the Israelites killed fewer people than the Mongols and the Huns.

You are very wrong. The Israelites were themselves Canaanites - one of nine Canaanite nations, born and incepted in Canaan. Six of the non-Hebrew Canaanite groups, lackies of Egypt, rejected the return of the Hebrew Canaanites to enter and live in their land as before. The six chanted, 'COME - CURSE ME ISRAEL' - an ancient term denoting genocide. Of the 8 non-Hebrew Canaanites, two of them agreed with the Israelites and their truths against the six. The Israelites prevailed in this domestic war - after a peace offer made by Joshua was rejected, and it is unlike the comparison with others such as the Mongols.

The Jews have never occupied another peoples' land in all their 4000 year history - unfortunately, this truth does not sit well with Christianity and Islam, both being hijacked by their scriptures - both scriptures being mutually exclusive of each other and of history. The situation foretold in Numbers is openly repeated today - the Pretend Palestinians invented by Europe are rejecting Israel's return - all have been performing Heil Hitler salutes at the UN - proclaiming another PC Holocaust as their cry for their mode of justice. How original, what else is new - says Numbers!

Below I rename Mses with Hitler:_

[1] And the Lord spoke to Hitler, saying: [2] Revenge first the children of Israel on the Madianites, and so thou shalt be gathered to thy people. [3] And Hitler forthwith said: Arm of you men to fight, who may take the revenge of the Lord on the Madianites. [4] Let a thousand men be chosen out of every tribe of Israel to be sent to the war. [5] And they gave a thousand of every tribe, that is to say, twelve thousand men well appointed for battle.

[6] And Hitler sent them with Phinees the son of Eleazar the priest, and he delivered to him the holy vessels, and the trumpets to sound. [7] And when they had fought against the Madianites and had overcome them, they slew all the men. [8] And their kings Evi, and Recem, and Sur, and Hur, and Rebe, five princes of the nation: Balaam also the son of Beer they killed with the sword. [9] And they took their women, and their children captives, and all their cattle, and all their goods: and all their possessions they plundered: [10] And all their cities, and their villages, and castles, they burned.

[11] And they carried away the booty, and all that they had taken both of men and of beasts. [12] And they brought them to Hitler, and Eleazar the priest, and to all the multitude of the children of Israel. But the rest of the things for use they carried to the camp on the plains of Moab, beside the Jordan over against Jericho. [13] And Hitler and Eleazar the priest and all the princes of the synagogue went forth to meet them without the camp. [14] And Hitler being angry with the chief officers of the army, the tribunes, and the centurions that were come from the battle, [15] Said: Why have you saved the women?

[16] Are not these they, that deceived the children of Israel by the counsel of Balaam, and made you transgress against the Lord by the sin of Phogor, for which also the people was punished? [17] Therefore kill all that are of the male sex, even of the children: and put to death the women, that have carnally known men. [18] But the girls, and all the women that are virgins save for yourselves: [19] And stay without the camp seven days. He that hath killed a man, or touched one that is killed, shall be purified the third day and the seventh day. [20] And of all the spoil, every garment, or vessel, or any thing made for use, of the skins, or hair of goats, or of wood, shall be purified.

[17] "Of the children"... Women and children, ordinarily speaking, were not to be killed in war, Deut. 20. 14. But the great Lord of life and death was pleased to order it otherwise in the present case, in detestation of the wickedness of this people, who by the counsel of Balaam, had sent their women among the Israelites on purpose to draw them from God.

[21] Eleazar also the priest spoke to the men of the army, that had fought, in this manner: This is the ordinance of the law, which the Lord hath commanded Hitler: [22] Gold, and silver, and brass, and iron, and lend, and tin, [23] And all that may pass through the fire, shall be purified by fire, but whatsoever cannot abide the fire, shall be sanctified with the water of expiation: [24] And you shall wash your garments the seventh day, and being purified, you shall afterwards enter into the camp. [25] And the Lord said to Hitler:

[26] Take the sum of the things that were taken both of man and beast, thou and Eleazar the priest and the princes of the multitude: [27] And thou shalt divide the spoil equally, between them that fought and went out to the war, and between the rest of the multitude. [28] And thou shalt separate a portion to the Lord from them that fought and were in the battle, one soul of five hundred as well of persons as of oxen and asses and sheep. [29] And thou shalt give it to Eleazar the priest, because they are the firstfruits of the Lord. [30] Out of the moiety also of the children of Israel thou shalt take the fiftieth head of persons, and of oxen, and asses, and sheep, and of all beasts, and thou shalt give them to the Levites that watch in the charge of the tabernacle of the Lord.

[31] And Hitler and Eleazar did as the Lord had commanded. [32] And the spoil which the army had taken, was six hundred seventy-five thousand sheep, [33] Seventy-two thousand oxen, [34] Sixty-one thousand asses: [35] And thirty-two thousand persons of the female sex, that had not known men.

[36] And one half was given to them that had been in the battle, to wit, three hundred thirty-seven thousand five hundred sheep: [37] Out of which, for the portion of the Lord, were reckoned six hundred seventy-five sheep. [38] And out of the thirty-six thousand oxen, seventy-two oxen: [39] Out of the thirty thousand five hundred asses, sixty-one asses: [40] Out of the sixteen thousand persons, there fell to the portion of the Lord, thirty-two souls.

[41] And Hitler delivered the number of the firstfruits of the Lord to Eleazar the priest, as had been commanded him, [42] Out of the half of the children of Israel, which he had separated for them that had been in the battle. [43] But out of the half that fell to the rest of the multitude, that is to say, out of the three hundred thirty-seven thousand five hundred sheep, [44] And out of the thirty-six thousand oxen, [45] And out of the thirty thousand five hundred asses,

[46] And out of the sixteen thousand persons, [47] Hitler took the fiftieth head, and gave it to the Levites that watched in the tabernacle of the Lord, as the Lord had commanded. [48] And when the commanders of the army, and the tribunes and centurions were come to Hitler, they said: [49] We thy servants have reckoned up the number of the fighting men, whom we had under our hand, and not so much as one was wanting. [50] Therefore we offer as gifts to the Lord what gold every one of us could find in the booty, in garters and tablets, rings and bracelets, and chains, that thou mayst pray to the Lord for us.

[51] And Hitler and Eleazar the priest received all the gold in divers kinds, [52] In weight sixteen thousand seven hundred and fifty sicles, from the tribunes and from the centurions. [53] For that which every one had taken in the booty was his own. [54] And that which was received they brought into the tabernacle of the testimony, for a memorial of the children of Israel before the Lord.

Numbers chapter 31 altered a little

Alan McDougall
Alan McDougall (299 posts)
08-05-10, 05:05 AM #68

[1] And the Lord spoke to Hitler, saying: [2] Revenge first the children of Israel on the Madianites, and so thou shalt be gathered to thy people. [3] And Hitler forthwith said: Arm of you men to fight, who may take the revenge of the Lord on the Madianites. [4] Let a thousand men be chosen out of every tribe of Israel to be sent to the war. [5] And they gave a thousand of every tribe, that is to say, twelve thousand men well appointed for battle.

[6] And Hitler sent them with Phinees the son of Herman Goering the priest, and he delivered to him the holy vessels, and the trumpets to sound. [7] And when they had fought against the Madianites and had overcome them, they slew all the men. [8] And their kings Evil, and Recem, and Sur, and Hur, and Rebe, five princes of the nation: Balaam also the son of Beer they killed with the sword. [9] And they took their women and their children captives, and all their cattle, and all their goods: and all their possessions they plundered: [10] And all their cities, and their villages, and castles, they burned.

[11] And they carried away the booty, and all that they had taken both of men and of beasts. [12] And they brought them to Hitler, and Herman Goering the priest, and to all the multitude of the children of Israel. But the rest of the things for use they carried to the camp on the plains of Moab, beside the Jordan over against Jericho. [13] And Hitler and Herman Goering the priest and all the princes of the synagogue went forth to meet them without the camp. [14] And Hitler being angry with the chief officers of the army, the tribunes, and the centurions that were come from the battle, [15] Said: Why have you saved the women?

[16] Are not these they that deceived the children of Israel by the counsel of Balaam, and made you transgress against the Lord by the sin of Phogor, for which also the people was punished? [17] Therefore kill all that are of the male sex, even of the children: and put to death the women that have carnally known men. [18] But the girls and all the women that are virgins save for yourselves: [19] And stay without the camp seven days. He that hath killed a man, or touched one that is killed, shall be purified the third day and the seventh day. [20] And of all the spoil, every garment, or vessel, or any thing made for use, of the skins, or hair of goats, or of wood, shall be purified.

[21] Herman Goering also the priest spoke to the men of the army, that had fought, in this manner: This is the ordinance of the law, which the Lord hath commanded Hitler: [22] Gold, and silver, and brass, and iron, and lend, and tin, [23] And all that may pass through the fire, shall be purified by fire, but whatsoever cannot abide the fire, shall be sanctified with the water of expiation: [24] And you shall wash your garments the seventh day, and being purified, you shall afterwards enter into the camp. [25] And the Lord said to Hitler:

[26] Take the sum of the things that were taken both of man and beast, thou and Herman Goering the priest and the princes of the multitude: [27] And thou shalt divide the spoil equally, between them that fought and went out to the war, and between the rest of the multitude. [28] And thou shalt separate a portion to the Lord from them that fought and was in the battle, one soul of five hundred as well of persons as of oxen and asses and sheep. [29] And thou shalt give it to Herman Goering the priest, because they are the firstfruits of the Lord. [30] Out of the moiety also of the children of Israel thou shalt take the fiftieth head of persons, and of oxen, and asses, and sheep, and of all beasts, and thou shalt give them to the Levites that watch in the charge of the tabernacle of the Lord.

[31] And Hitler and Herman Goering did as the Lord had commanded. [32] And the spoil which the army had taken, was six hundred seventy-five thousand sheep, [33] Seventy-two thousand oxen, [34] Sixty-one thousand asses: [35] And thirty-two thousand persons of the female sex, that had not known men.

[41] And Hitler delivered the number of the firstfruits of the Lord to Herman Goering the priest, as had been commanded him, [42] Out of the half of the children of Israel, which he had separated for them that had been in the battle. [43] But out of the half that fell to the rest of the multitude, that is to say, out of the three hundred thirty-seven thousand five hundred sheep, [44] And out of the thirty-six thousand oxen, [45] And out of the thirty thousand five hundred asses,

[46] And out of the sixteen thousand persons, [47] Hitler took the fiftieth head, and gave it to the Levites that watched in the tabernacle of the Lord, as the Lord had commanded. [48] And when the commanders of the army, and the tribunes and centurions were come to Hitler, they said: [49] We thy servants have reckoned up the number of the fighting men, whom we had under our hand, and not so much as one was wanting. [50] Therefore we offer as gifts to the Lord what gold every one of us could find in the booty, in garters and tablets, rings and bracelets, and chains that thou mayst pray to the Lord for us.

[51] And Hitler and Herman Goering the priest received all the gold in divers kinds, [52] In weight sixteen thousand seven hundred and fifty sickles, from the tribunes and from the centurions. [53] For that which every one had taken in the booty was his own. [54] And that which was received they brought into the tabernacle of the testimony, for a memorial of the children of Israel before the Lord.

Back