Rape: The Megathread

Please, let's consolidate. That might overtake the "supernovaes in the laboratory" thread in sheer verbosity.... :D

I think it would be more organized if the threads were combined, each individual thread doesent seem to actualy spark any new debate anyway, its just the same recycled topic and discussion spread over 5 threads.

mods should make it 1 thread.

peace.

lol, Yeah it seems like its been killed, but everybody seems to take rape debates very personaly and get a bit touchy. All these consent laws are getting a bit annoying aswell, soon people will need a court hearing before they can get some.

peace.

LOL....From the first time I saw "THE LIST" I thought at least 1/2 of it was bullshit. From what some ppl have said in these threads can you imagine how un fun their sex lives are......

I read Bells posts and wonder if she has a checklist beside her bed that her husband must follow...

Excuse me for a min... :cool: I have a psychology degree... and we where told;

''Rape is in fact a power struggle, not only by the rapist but by what he experiences from it. There are sexual undertones, which reflect on the nature of practicing a raping of someone...

... in other words, it's just plain sick!''

Reiku, I tried the "rape is about violence, not sex" line in other threads. It seems that opinion is not unanimous. Oh, by the way, thanks for joining. This one is looking good.... ;)

I read Bells posts and wonder if she has a checklist beside her bed that her husband must follow...

Complete with blood alcohol tests, if she's "prudent". I am sure she takes precautions though...

/very quickly buries very deeply...

I especially love the one about how if you think a woman is lying about rape, then you support rape. I've had a few times where some nuts have made accusations against me, thankfully none of those have been rape yet, and it was all guilty until proven innocent because women cannot lie...

Umm, Asguard, I have to ask in this case. WTF does "who instigates" have to do with it?

Really...does it matter? they are both asleep while it's going on...

LMAO!!! Shit keep going Asguard this is getting funnier and funnier.

Complete with blood alcohol tests, if she's "prudent". I am sure she takes precautions though...

By precautions you mean shouting at her husband every day that he is nothing more than a potiental rapist?

um no, i would prefer to actually wake up tomorow:p

If PB reads how much i have said about our sexlives NOW i will be in trouble:p

um no, i would prefer to actually wake up tomorow:p

If PB reads how much i have said about our sexlives NOW i will be in trouble:p

Yeah like that one time she appeared out of nowhere and blasted you in front
of the whole sciforums.

then why can you have sex with a 20 year old drunk girl when she is your girlfriend, but not with your sober 10 year old girlfriend?

Since we all know that alcohol returns your ability to consent to that of a child.

I mean the assumption is that if there is a 'relationship' status, then the consent is already there. Along with that issue of the 'relationship' being pretty much a source of auto-consent (unless she specifically states no not tonight), we have also established that it isn't a crime unless the 'victim' brings a case (unless there is something such as a tape that surfaces, but even then unless the 'victim' claims to have been raped there isn't much that can be done about it).

Now our two assumptions are drawn from this source.

No. It must be seen in light of conceptual agreement. If it does, then the older seducer, is equally in the wrong as much as the girl... sexual intentions have no comparisons in the end.:shrug:

LOL....From the first time I saw "THE LIST" I thought at least 1/2 of it was bullshit. From what some ppl have said in these threads can you imagine how un fun their sex lives are......

No shorty.

My husband is man enough to know and understand that if I'm drunk or asleep, that he's not going to take advantage of it. Nor does he need nag me for sex. Here's something that might be hard for you to understand. My husband respects me and my body, as I respect him and his body.

Randwolf said:

Refer above to my response to shorty.

angrybellsprout said:
By precautions you mean shouting at her husband every day that he is nothing more than a potiental rapist?
What a horrible childhood you must have had. Is this the kind of example your parents set for you? I pity you ABS. I really do. I am beginning to realise your misogyny stems from something quite deep.

Mod Hat - Consolidation note

Mod Hat — Consolidation note

As per multiple requests, several recent discussions on the topic of rape will be consolidated. These are:

• "So you think you aren't a rapist? Part 2"
• "If having sex with a drunk girl is like having sex with a 10 year old..."
• "If you are a rapist if you try to circumvent her "No" by talking her into it"
• "What is rape, anyway? Do you know?"​

More topics will be folded in as circumstances require.

Why don't you actually start providing some evidence that I'm somehow a misogynist instead of constantly throwing out this ad hominem?

I'm sick of you sexist pieces of shit trying to pull this load of crap that anytime someone comes along and demands that women be held to the same standards that men are that they must somehow 'hate women'.

:p lol

I just can't imagine how someone could sleep through sex, especially if they aren't drunk.

Aren't you the one who said her partner does not care if she is sleeping or unconscious when you are "off duty", during his 3 am attacks?:confused:

I think the list is confused, alot of the scenarios are immoral and or manipulative, only a few of them I would consider true rape. I don't think you can put the "rape" label on anything to do with sexual conscent, I remember a time when words had definitions and actual meaning, it just seems like people are adding definitions to an already existing word that had a solid meaning.

Yes also I would hate the idea of having a pre sex discussion like it was a business deal. whats the point in having sex if you treat it like a pre planed arrangement wheres the passion.

peace.

Mod Hat — Consolidation note

As per multiple requests, several recent discussions on the topic of rape will be consolidated. These are:

• "So you think you aren't a rapist? Part 2"
• "If having sex with a drunk girl is like having sex with a 10 year old..."
• "If you are a rapist if you try to circumvent her "No" by talking her into it"
• "What is rape, anyway? Do you know?"​

More topics will be folded in as circumstances require.

I will take the credit for that, because it makes me feel special and important.

peace.

No shorty.

My husband is man enough to know and understand that if I'm drunk or asleep, that he's not going to take advantage of it. Nor does he need nag me for sex. Here's something that might be hard for you to understand. My husband respects me and my body, as I respect him and his body.

Yeah well maybe mine wants to have sex all the time, and I can't keep up....hence the occasional nagging.

Yeah Yeah Bells......great I am glad you 2 are so happy. I think you sound rather stuffy and uptight.

Why don't you actually start providing some evidence that I'm somehow a misogynist instead of constantly throwing out this ad hominem?

I think the greater majority of your posts speaks volumes.

I'm sick of you sexist pieces of shit trying to pull this load of crap that anytime someone comes along and demands that women be held to the same standards that men are that they must somehow 'hate women'.
What "standard"? To not rape another individual? It is just as illegal for a man to rape a woman as it is for a woman to rape a man.

So again, who is saying that women are somehow held to a different standard? Rape is illegal regardless of your sex. If someone (again, regardless of their sex) is incapacitated and in no position to consent, and someone, then yes, it can be construed as being rape. Again, this applies to both males and females. Where is the sexism there? Is it sexist that the law applies to both sexes equally? Is that what you're saying?

Back