Questions about Islam!

sycoindian

myxomatosis>
Registered Senior Member
Hi! I have a few questions about the interpretation of the Quran...

polygamy...

In the Quran it says,

'Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one,'
Surah 4:3

In Surah 4:129 it says 'Ye are never able to be fair and just as between women, even if it is your ardent desire'

How can you justify marryin more than one when it also states that you will never be able to treat them fairly?

I haven't found any quotes from the Quran that actually describes Sharia Law and how to build a system on it. So either it has been extrapolated from the Quran by humans or i've not been thorough in my investigation...

Why are men allowed to marry non muslim women yet a woman is condemned when she does it?

These come to my mind right now..

Originally posted by sycoindian

polygamy...

In the Quran it says,

'Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one,'

In Surah 4:129 it says 'Ye are never able to be fair and just as between women, even if it is your ardent desire'

How can you justify marryin more than one when it also states that you will never be able to treat them fairly?

I haven't found any quotes from the Quran that actually describes Sharia Law and how to build a system on it. So either it has been extrapolated from the Quran by humans or i've not been thorough in my investigation...

Why are men allowed to marry non muslim women yet a woman is condemned when she does it?

I will give you some explanations, but I am currently at work. Please allow me some time and I will reply later.

Thank you

polygamy...

In the Quran it says,

I'll answer one by one for you. First, why didn't you start the sentence right. The Sura says.

[4.3] And if you fear that you cannot act equitably towards orphans, then marry such women as seem good to you, two and three and four; but if you fear that you will not do justice (between them), then (marry) only one or what your right hands possess; this is more proper, that you may not deviate from the right course.

My friend did you feel a great impulse to hide the beginning of the sentance, or is that the way you carry yourself. Be brave my friend. Don't be shy.

Here's the explanation.

Only in the event that your wife dies, that is, your children become orphans, and you remarry again, god alerts you that having a mother in law to your children could be an unjust situation. The mother is law by nature would hate the orphans, she would try to have her own kids and justice will be out of the house. You are given as a HUMAN the option to CHOOSE and carry the consequences of your choice. You are warned to be just.

So calculate it my friend, if your wifes die and you children become orphans, what would be the just plan of action, here are your choices.

1- Don't marry again and raise your kids as orphans.
2- Remarry one woman and risk that she might treat your kids wrong.
3- Remarry two
4- Remarry three

Make your choice my friend. You're in a test, and guess what you're accountable. Did you think that life is just game...No....wake up.

Next question is interesting. First god in the Quran never mentioned that muslims must marry muslims, that is men or women. It only says believers must marry believers. Who is to judge a person is muslim or believer. Again, this is an issue for the creator to judge on and not for human interpretation. Please provide the Quranic verse that's confusing you about this sex issue so I may clarify it for you.

Thanks

hef... thanks for your answers firstly... i didnt mean to hide the beginnin of the surah... i was just puttin down what i thought was relevant.. okk.. i get ur interpretation of that surah.. makes sense to me... so i guess u can explain certain things to me...

- why is polygamy allowed in Islam?
- how did the sharia law come about? are there any specific references in the Quran that points out to the current government systems based on your holy book?
- I dont have any reference for the question i posed in my first post... its something that i've observed living in an Islamic country at present... men can marry non believers while it is condemned if women do... seems like double standards to me...

---notPresidentAndrew My responds to all religions that take their holy book literally: ---- i've also noticed that...

hef... thanks for your answers firstly... i didnt mean to hide the beginnin of the surah... i was just puttin down what i thought was relevant.. okk.. i get ur interpretation of that surah.. makes sense to me... so i guess u can explain certain things to me...

- why is polygamy allowed in Islam?
- how did the sharia law come about? are there any specific references in the Quran that points out to the current government systems based on your holy book?
- I dont have any reference for the question i posed in my first post... its something that i've observed living in an Islamic country at present... men can marry non believers while it is condemned if women do... seems like double standards to me...]

I wish I can thank you too, but one thing I have learned from this cruel forum is to not say anything that I might want to take back later even if it was nice, so please let's hold of on the thank yous.

Please note that Islam meaning "Submission to the creator" must be understood and studied through the Koran only without external influences such as other muslims, Sharia, Hadith, ect. Right now, you're getting my version of Islam. Please don't mistake that as the correct interpretation of Koran. Let your heart and mind judge in the matter before you absorb any further information from me. I'm struggling you know...and I don't want to pull you in my struggle.... You need to reach your own Islam, or state of submission to god. Islam doesn't belong to a group or to individuals.

Secondly, The Quran doesn't allow or disallow things. As I said, we're in a test and we have a free will to choose. The Koran represents to us alternatives, and holds individuals accountable of their choices. It's not kindergarden here, where god is laying on a couple of rules that must be blindly followed. Your question was why did Islam allow polygamy??? My question to you is what is the alternative?? The alternative of god allowing polygimy is:
a- God prohibits polygamy
b- God doesn't mention anything in regards to it.
Well, in the Koran, god didn't choose to prohibit it or to stay impartial to it, which it could have. The koran chose to allow it but allowed it under very strict condition in the orphan situation. He gave the father of the orphans a choice and emplored him to think hard and to be just. Now, please don't make a mockery of our elevated discussion and start talking about such and such person doing such and such thing in the name of Islam....In that case, let's not waste each other time and go follow such and such person footsteps.

Thirdly, I don't believe in Sharia, Hadith, ect. Many may call me a non muslim for that, but oh well, May god decide between us in matters that we may differ.

Finally, I mght have not answered all parts of your question or no part at all, but I'll stop here and let you take over again.

Then we are in perfect agreement my friend. Your opinion is perfectly yours and you are accountable for your beliefs. Same here, I'm accountable for mine.

Originally posted by Blackstone
buddy, i dont represent my opinion, i represent the actual islamic opinion from the quran itself, not my own opinion, unlike you, you should display the actual picture without trying to decorate facts and change in them trying to make your religion look better, i quoted the real explaination of the verses from the biggest most reliable quran-explaination sources, you, created up a fake one to justify it.

okay, loet me follow your logic here, except I suspect no logic to be present.

-You are very hatefull of Islam, so you must not be a muslim.
- You hate my opinion and accuse me of purifying Islam,
- You admit that the reality is that Islam is full of shit.
- you condemn me for purifying it.

What may I ask you wish to accomplish my friend.??? You don't like the Islam you see and you don't want to see reform, so what the hell do you want??

Then, you must be a decoy also.

Originally posted by Vienna
You're right Blackstone, he's a phoney.

She my love, She. I'm a she.

Anyways, what are you nodding about anyways. DIdn't I tell you in another forum to go to bed already because Chris is not here to save your butt.

Ms. Little Vienna, have you always felt the impulse to be the follower, I can teach you to be a leader for a change. You seem always to follow things and don't have the guts to come up with your own shit. I pity you.

With respect to the to the treatment of women in Islam, there are two sides visible; the theoretical side as proscribed in the Holy Qu’ran and the reality of everyday treatment as practiced currently in society. It is important to comprehend this theoretical side of thought to gain a better understanding of the Islamic faith. From this one can see that Islam indeed does not support or condone the subjugation of women, as some would have you believe. A typical error made when analyzing Islam is many of the verses in the Qu’ran may at first appear sexist with no background to why they are stated as such. In other aspects however, it is quite clear and distinct such that unlike its past relatives, Judaism and Christianity, it denounces certain practices against females and even gives a different perspective on the ‘initial sin’. The reality of the matter though is still very grim to a degree. Some men do abuse their wives, mistreat them, and go against the teachings of the Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) and the Qu’ran. This is unfortunate for Islam since these are the representations of Islam them often shown as what the ‘majority’ supposedly does. This is not to negate the fact that it does indeed occur in Islam as with all faiths. That is to say, all faiths have bad members that would not be ideal in anyway to represent the majority, but this is especially negative for Islam when the western hemisphere truly knows very little with exception to what is shown on television. Often times certain ‘negative’ images and practices are talked about and shown on television about Islam. In the following sections this writer will try to explain these misunderstandings of practices and explain why/what their actual significance and meaning(s) are.

"Western mass media has presented Islam and Muslims in various images and stereotypes and as a result, the majority of people think that most Muslims live in the Middle East. Few know that the largest populated nation is Indonesia in Southeast Asia and that tens of millions live in Central Asia, China, and India. Few know that there are more Muslims in Great Britain than Methodists; ten percent of France is Muslim; or that Muslims outnumber the Episcopalian community in the United States. The casual observer does not know Islam is an expanding world religion present on all continents and within many populations" (Braswell, 1).

http://salam.muslimsonline.com/~muslimrr/muslimwomen.html

http://notendur.centrum.is/~snorrigb/hijab.htm

that was so hard to get eh?

i dont hate your opinion, i hate your lieing.

yes,you did that ..you lied..and i exposed to people the real deal ..

nothing...i just saw a muslim lieing about islamic facts and decorating it, so i recorrected the info and supported my talk with islamic sources itself..

i want to expose the real islam from islamic sources itself to let non-muslims know things that the islamic lieing machine dont want them to know.

Again you make absolutely no sense.

You said you hate my opinion because I lie.

I say: Using the words lying and openion can't be used together by a coherent person, since opinion implies point of view, and thus may not be called a lie. As long as I say, opinion or my point of view, I can't be lying.

You said:
nothing...i just saw a muslim lieing about islamic facts and decorating it, so i recorrected the info and supported my talk with islamic sources itself..

I say, it is none of your business stupid ass....How can you support a view to falsify a belief without providing alternative proof to support your side. Again an undecover Athiest have managed to show his true colors by falsifying a point of view without stating an alternative ground for us to stand on.

So back to my question, what do you want to accomplish????
Let me answer for you, because you don't seem to have a good hold on logic.
You want to proof that I'm wrong, yet you have nothing to offer to me in it's place, so you just want to confuse the hell out of everyone and me, so we may finally be at your level and share your same agony of being a non educated idoit.

:rolleyes:

please get some balls and actually debate about what i said if you have something against it..otherwise piss off.

I can testify for Spook's balls.......:) :) .They are very Islamic...very beautifull.......I want to go to bed tonight with that thought, so maybe I'll get out now.

Originally posted by heflores
I can testify for Spook's balls.......:) :) .They are very Islamic...very beautifull.......I want to go to bed tonight with that thought, so maybe I'll get out now.

and i thought i could never blush! my hot arab princess!!!

:D

Does Hadiths explain Quran ?

The advocates of hadith are fond of saying that the hadith explains the Quran
without which, they say the Quran cannot be understood. In other words
without hadith they will have to reject the Quran or at least ignore it.
The scholars also say that the hadith they call "Sahih Bukhary" is the best
hadith.

It can be easily proved that the hadith does not in any way explain the Quran
and that the "Sahih Bukhari" is not worth the papers it is printed on.

For evidence please refer to, and check all references of "Sahih Al-Bukhary"
by Dr. Muhammed Muhsin Khan, Islamic University, Medina Al-Munawwara.
Publisher "Kitab Bhavan, New Delhi, which is the Nine volume encyclopedia.
Vol. 6 of "Sahih Al-Bukhary" is devoted to the explanation of the Quran
(Tafsir). The other eight volumes prescribe things like drinking camels urine
to cure fevers (vol 7, hadith no 590), burning people first and then their
houses if they do not go the mosque on time, (vol.1, hadith no.626), dreaming
of undressing women (vol 9, hadith no.139 and 140), using shoes to garland
camels (Vol 2, hadith no 763), and other such non-sense.

But let us focus on vol. 6: the explanation of the Quran by Imam Bukhary.
Although the Quran has 114 suras or chapters, Bukhari does not explain all
the verses in all the suras. Sura 2, Al Baqarah has 286 verses, but Bukhari
only provides hadith for about 50 verses. This is slightly over 20% of Al
Baqarah. Bukhari has left the Ulamma groping the dark over the remaining 80%.

Sura AL Kauther (Sura 108) is the shortest sura in the Quran, only 3 verses.
However Bukhari "attempts" to explain the meaning of just one word "Kauther"
as sufficient to explain this whole Sura. Bukhari says; "Kauther" is a river
in heaven.

But simply, "Kauther" means "good in abundance". (Translation by President of
Islamic research, IFAT, Saudi Arabia). This also suggests that Imam Bukhari
did not know Arabic. It is a fact that Bukhari was a Persian from Bukhara and
his mother tongue was Farsi. The scholars have no records to show when
Bukhari learned Arabic. More about this later.

The greatest surprise of all is that 28 suras of the Quran are NOT
"explained" at all. The sura numbers are as follows; 23, 27, 29, 35, 51, 57,
58, 64, 67, 69, 70, 73, 76, 81, 82, 86, 88, 89, 90, 94, 100, 101, 103, 104,
105, 106, 107, and 109. Bukhari explains this away as follows "no hadith were
mentioned here."

According to the scholars only the Prophet is supposed to be the source of
the hadith. The hadith is supposed to explain the Quran. The BIG question is,
"Who went on un authorized holiday for 28 WHOLE SURAS of the Quran ?!!!

The scholars insist that the hadith explains the Quran. Hence the scholars
have to do away with 28 SURAS of the Quran because Bukhari did not explain
these 28 SURAS..

Therefore the boast by the scholars that those who uphold the QURAN ALONE and
do NOT depend on the hadith at all, cannot understand the Quran, falls FLAT
on its face. The scholars are in a far worse situation. 28 Suras are missing
and none of the other suras are explained in full by Bukhari.

To revert to the earlier point that the Persian Bukhari may not have known
Arabic, this is suggested by the way Bukhari has changed the names of certain
SURAS. By itself this is a strange phenomenon. The scholars themselves do NOT
know why Bukhary did this.

Non-Arabs sometimes refer to a Sura by its first verse. This is because they
may not have known the Arabic name for the SURA because they are not scholars
of the Quran or simply because they are not Arabs. Bukhari displays the same
characteristics.

Sura Al Naba (Sura 68) is labelled as Sura "Amma yatasa'alun", this is
actually part of the first verse of the sura.. Sura Al Baiyina (Sura 98) is
labelled as Sura "Lam Yakun". Again the beginning verses. Sura Al Takwir
(Sura 81) is labelled Sura "Idhash Shamsu Kuwirat". This is the start of
the first verse again. Sura Al Maarij (sura 70) is labelled Sura "Sa'ala
Sa'ilun".

Some SURAS have been given two names. Sura Al Insan (Sura 76) is labelled
Sura "Hal-Ata-insani" or Sura "Dahr".

But this is a revealing point because such labelling is more akin to reciters
who are not Arabs, who do not know the Arabic language. Apart from the fact
that Bukhari was Persian from Bukhara many scholars believe that he was also
blind. The next question is "WHO WROTE the Sahih Bukhari?!" It will also be
pertinent to see how Bukhari handles some of the explanations of the
verses-if and when he cares to explain them.

For example some explanations end with a blank space.:
Vol 6, Hadith number 50 seeks to explain Sura 2:223. After some narration it
continues like this;
Nafi' added regarding the verse: "So go to your tilth when or how you will.
Ibn Umar said; " It means one should approach his wife in........" The
explanation ends with a blank space. But not to worry. A footnote completes
the picture. The footnote says "Al Bukhary left a blank space here because he
was not sure of what Ibn Umar had said !." And yet this called "Sahih Al
Bukhary" Perhaps this is why some scholars have much problems in this
department.

There is also one of the most foolish and incredible explanation by Bukhari
for Sura 11:5. The beautiful meaning of the verse is actually :11:4 "To God
is your return and He has power over all things."

11:5 "Behold ! They fold up their hearts, that they may be hid from him. Ah!
Even when they cover themselves with their garments. He knows what they
conceal, and what they reveal. For He knows well the (innermost secrets) of
the hearts." 11:6 There is no moving creature on earth but its substance
depends on God; He knows its resting place and its temporary deposit. All is
in a clear Record." Translation by Presidency of Islamic Research, IFTA,
Saudi Arabia..

This meaning is crystal clear. We all answer to God. There is nothing we can
conceal from God. Every single thing that we do is in a clear Record.
"Kitaab-un Maubeen". So do not think you can hide anything from God.

NOW, Here is Bukhari's ridiculous explanation of the same verse in 11:5. Vol.
6 Hadith no. 203: Narrated Muhammed bin Abbad bin Jaafar that he heard Ibn
Abbas reciting: " No doubt! they fold up their breasts." 11:5 and asked him
about the explanation. He said, "Some people used to hide themselves while
answering the call of nature in an open space lest they be exposed to the
sky, so the above revelation was sent down regarding them.

According to Bukhari, the whole purpose of this narration was to tell the
Sahaba that God could see them defecating and sleeping in the desert!.
According to Bukhari's logic then, after this verse was revealed, the Sahaba
who travelled with their wives in the desert lost all their inhibitions,
since God could see them anyway. No need to hide anything.

Similarly Bukhari twists sura 5:87. To explain "5:87" Bukhari first quotes it
partially only, not in full, as follows : "O you who believe DO NOT make
unlawful the good things which God has made for you" 5:87

The explanation by Bukhari (Vol.6 Hadith no. 139) is as follows : Narrated
Abdullah "We used to participate in holy wars conducted by the prophet and we
had no women with us. So, we said (to the prophet) "Shall we castrate
ourselves "? But the prophet forbade us to do that and therefore he allowed
us to marry a woman temporarily) by giving her even a garment, and then the
prophet recited. "O you who believe ! Do not make unlawful for you...."
There is a footnote "Temporary marriage (Mut'a) was allowed in the early days
of Islam., but later, at the time of the Khaibar Battle, it was prohibited
(God knows it better)."

The uncertainty in the footnote lends support to the fact that this is an
evil lie against God and the prophet by Bukhari.

Sura 5:87 is actually as follows : "O ye who believe, make not unlawful for
you, but commit no excess. For God loveth not those given to excess."

Is prostitution an excess ? Worse than that it is an evil. Which Muslim
scholar will allow his daughter to receive "even a garment" as a payment for
temporarily servicing the lusts of some Sahaba ? Note how the Bukhari has
the sahaba coolly suggesting "Shall we castrate ourselves ?" as though it is
done every morning after breakfast.

In Sura 24:33 God and the messenger told us: "Let those who find not the
means for marriage keep themselves chaste, until God gives them means out of
His grace. And if any of your slaves ask for a deed in writing, (for freedom)
give them something yourselves out of the means which God has given you. But
force NOT your girls into prostitution when they desire chastity, in order
that you make a gain in the goods of this life. If anyone compels them, (on
them) God is forgiving, Merciful."

In other words, do not look for sex outside marriage. If you cannot marry, it
is better to keep chaste. Control your lust. The messenger said do not force
anyone into prostitution, but instead Bukhari says the messenger set the
price for hanky panky at merely a piece of garment. This is Bukhari's
malicious lie against the Messenger. In truth the messenger told his men to
control their lusts : Sura 24:30 "Say to the believing men that they should
lower their gaze and guard their modesty, that will be better purity for
them, and God knows all that they do."

If anyone insisted on following their lusts, the Messenger would have told
them " God doth wish to turn to you, but the wish of those who follow their
lusts is that you should turn away from them, far away " Sura 4:27 (All
translation from Presidency of Islamic Research, IFTA- Saudi Arabia).

The Quran is crystal clear. But Bukhari says you can but a woman for a price
of cloth. Perhaps the scholars are gleeful at this suggestion also.

Here is another hadith that has neither head nor tail, It is started under
"The book of the Virtues of the Quran". May God saves us. Vol 6, hadith No
503. Narrated Valium Utham. "I was informed that Gabriel came to the prophet
while Um Salma was with him. Gabriel started talking (to the prophet). Then
the prophet asked Um Salma, "Who is this ? " She replied "He is Dihya (Al
Kalbi). When Gabriel had left Um Salma said; "By God, I did not take him for
anybody other than him ( i.e. Dihya) till I heard the sermon of the prophet
wherein he informed about the news of Gabriel." The subnarrator asked Utham :
From whom have you heard that ? Utham said "From Usama Binzaid".
God sent Gabriel with the revelations to be delivered to Muhammed. Therefore
Gabriel delivered the revelations to Muhammed. But here Bukhari says the
prophet did not know Gabriel had come to him. Instead he asks his wife !!.
Was the prophet's wife a Messenger also, such that she could hear Gabriel ?
And she calls him strange names like Dihya and Al Kalbi.

There is some confusion. Is God that inefficient that His angel Gabriel is
called Dihya and Kalbi, all in the course of duty of delivering revelations
to His messenger Muhammed ?

Let us see 2:97-98: "Say, who is an enemy to Gabriel for he brings the
revelation to thy heart by God's will, a confirmation of what went before.
And Guidance and glad tidings for those who believe. Who ever is an enemy to
God and His angels and prophets, to Gabriel and Michael, Lo..! God is an
enemy to those who reject faith. "

Gabriel brings the revelation straight into the prophet's heart (alaiqa
Qalbika bi idhnillah) with God's permission. But Bukhary says Gabriel just
started talking and the Prophet did not know who it was. He had to ask his
wife...!

"Verily this is a revelation from the Lord of the worlds. With it came the
truthful spirit (Ruhil Kudus) to thy heart that thou mayest admonish, in the
perspicuous Arabic tongue" 26:192-195

Gabriel brought the revelation straight to the Prophet's heart . But Bukhari
says the prophet had to ask his wife of Gabriel : "WHO IS THIS ?"

It is easy to refute the Christian argument by referring to his own Bible. In
a similar way the "muslim" scholar who insists on giving eminence to
fabricated hadith can be countered by referring to his own books written by
the hands of their leaders like Imam Bukhari, without God's permission.

In Sura Al Baqarah, God says : Therefore woe to those who distort the
scripture with their own hands then say; "This is from God" Seeking a cheap
gain. Woe to them for distorting the scripture, and woe to them for their
illicit earnings."

As stated earlier the hadith of Bukhari is not worth the paper it is printed
on.
By following such ludicrous hadith which clearly taint the good name of
the Prophet Muhammed, the Muslims have been lost for over 1000 years now.
They can only recall the glorious days of the Prophet. Little do they realize
that during the glorious days there was no hadith. There was only the Quran.

God is Great.

Back