Proof that the Christian god cannot exist

Ancient texts are the legacy of maps by which to navigate in religion. They are valued because they contain vital information if you want to find "God". If you don't, they might as well be yesterday's glossy magazine.

The Bible can not even navigate itself nevermind navigate the reader. There are so many contradictions at apparently important parts of the christians faith.

Fair enough. When a fiction author is presented with a paradox in his plot he is always entirely free to re-write the text to avoid the condition. This is true of any scenario based entirely in the imagination. I guess your portrayal of the Christian god is as valid as any other re-write that avoids awkward and inconvenient questions where nothing factual is considered.

leopold99 said:
how can love manipulate atoms into genes?

M*W: Love is fiery passion. It is heat. Ultimately, love is based on energy. Therefore, that's how "love" manipulates atoms into genes. Simple things made easy.

Cris said:
Proof that the Christian god cannot exist.

This is a revision and refinement of a post I made over a year ago but there are so many new members now that I felt it worth a revisit.

Omniscience vs. Human Free will. A Paradox.

Omniscience: Perfect knowledge of past and future events.
Free will: Freedom to choose between alternatives without external coercion.
Paradox: Statements or events that have contradictory and inconsistent properties.

Proposal:

Christianity cannot claim that God is omniscient and also claim that humans have free will. The claims form a paradox, a falsehood.

Reasoning:

If God is omniscient then even before we are born God will have complete knowledge of every decision we are going to make.

Any apparent choice we make regarding the acceptance or denial of Jesus as a savior is predetermined. This must be true to satisfy the assertion that God is omniscient. Effectively we have no choice in the matter. What we think is free will is an illusion. Our choices have been coerced since we exist and act according to the will of God.

Alternatively if human free will is valid, meaning that the outcome of our decisions is not pre-determined or coerced, then God cannot be omniscient, since he would not know in advance our decisions.

Question:

If God knows the decision of every individual, before they are born, regarding the acceptance or denial of Jesus as a savior, then why does he create one set of individuals destined for heaven and another set destined for eternal damnation? This seems unjust, perverse and particularly evil.

Conclusions:

If God is omniscient then humans do not have free will (see argument above) and the apparent arbitrary choice of God to condemn many individuals to eternal damnation is evil. I.e. God does not possess the property of omni benevolence and is therefore not worth our attention.

If humans have true free will then God cannot be omniscient (see argument above). If he is not omniscient then he also cannot be omnipotent since knowledge of the future is a prerequisite for total action. Without these abilities God can no longer be deemed a god – i.e. God does not exist.

If humans do not have free will then the choice of whether to choose Jesus as a savior or not makes total nonsense of Christianity since the choice is pre-determined and we are merely puppets at the hands of an evil monster.

Cris

Heh, I find it hillarious that this was the direct first reason for me not believing in the bible. Even though I was raised that way. I've tried asking people about it in a less intelligent way though.

Basicaly, I started to think. Well, if god knows the future. Then god could tell us the future. If it's all in his will. Then how do we have a choice in anything?

Then, after that. I state that it is truely gods fault if we go to hell (for it is in his will.) But, they don't understand my arguement. And normaly end up saying "but, it's your choice if you want to go to hell."

That's normaly when I stop argueing. Mostly because religious people are a mad bunch of folks if you go against what they think(which contradicts what they supposedly "believe".)

Ya, I was proud of myself to be thinking out of the box. Oh well, ever since then, I've been trying to search for my own truth. I've realized that nobody will ever know any truth about the begining of time(Of course, that's just how I feel right now. I'm sure they thought the world was going to be flat forever too...)

Thanks for posting that for the new members. We all need reminders now a days that God and the whole concept of religion is getting out of control. One of my favorite things to do is make Christians lose faith. Just think.....Christians attempt to justify the current condition of the world..famines..W.T.C...wars...death...and disease...by saying that God never intended for it to be this way. Does that mean God made a mistake? Oh wait a minute..the reason everything is the way that it is is because a naked woman ate a magic apple from a magic garden because a talking snake talked her into it. No pun intended but...Jesus Christ!!:rolleyes:

God predicted that the world would end up like this, after the 6,000 years, and yes, He has allowed things to progress mostly as man has wished, but it won't go on forever.

Ok so God "predicted" the world would end up like this. The question still remains though...How could a God who Knows all "predict" anything? A prediction is merely an educated guess. If God had to predict then he never really knew for sure.

M*W: Love is fiery passion. It is heat. Ultimately, love is based on energy. Therefore, that's how "love" manipulates atoms into genes. Simple things made easy.

Eh?

Love is a biochemical delusion, most frequently emitted by females who come into close contact with me. I admit that that can be pretty hot, and I suppose were I inclined to polygamy that genes would inevitably become involved, but how is love based on energy? I don't really see it as some kind of force.

They do say love makes the world go round but, let's face it, that's just hot steamy gravity.

Oh yeah, gravitational coefficients...this post is for you.

:m:

No one can convince a true Christian that he is wrong in his beliefs and although I disagree with you iceage i do respect the fact that you hold strong in the face of adversity...I am not here to argue and if you were by chance to say something to me that is believable then I still would not change my mind and I am sure that it works both ways...but there are alot of very personal reasons that I do not believe in God...reasons so unshakable that were God himself to come down and sit at my side I would spit into his face.

That's dumb. I don't respect anyone for holding fast to an idea which there is compelling evidence to reject.

If God were to come down(?) and sit by my side, the reasonable thing is to believe it.

God did come down to Earth, about 2000 years ago, to show humans the nature of God, some believe He came, physically died, then resurrected, others don't and won't.

The reason that I won't believe is because I would have to believe that my wife who passed recentally is in Hell. And I would have to accept that God let this all happen...Trust me deep down I want to believe...I almost need to believe I just can't bring myself to do it.....I would like to talk privatley to you though cuz u do have good points but I dont know how....if you have yahoo messenger why dont you add me? MY handle is thedevilmademe81

God did come down to Earth, about 2000 years ago, to show humans the nature of God, some believe He came, physically died, then resurrected, others don't and won't.

He didn't come to me.

thedevilmademe81, If God came and sat here next to me, I would have to believe it, but I would still have to ask about the rest of the legend, the heaven and hell. Maybe there's a God, but that other stuff is a myth.

Back