Perfectly evil God

In what form would god exist , that would satisfy you as to whether god exists ?
I believe I have addressed that question several times before. If you're really interested in re-doing it, maybe start a new thread. It's off topic for this thread.

I find no posts that define what form god would exist , by you .
Well, maybe God would exist in the form of a magical man who lives in the sky, who can appear and disappear at will. Perhaps this God could manifest in different forms, like a burning bush, for instance. Or maybe he'd just be an invisible person who appears as a voice in your head. There really are a lot of possibilities. The best guides ought to be the writings/sayings of the world's major religions, don't you think? They've had a long time to try to define the likely form of God. What makes you think I'll come up with something original?

river said:
I find no posts that define what form god would exist , by you .

Well, maybe God would exist in the form of a magical man who lives in the sky, who can appear and disappear at will. Perhaps this God could manifest in different forms, like a burning bush, for instance. Or maybe he'd just be an invisible person who appears as a voice in your head. There really are a lot of possibilities. The best guides ought to be the writings/sayings of the world's major religions, don't you think? They've had a long time to try to define the likely form of God. What makes you think I'll come up with something original?

So your understanding , your concept of god , is based on abrahamic religions , then .

We've already been through this.

To deny something, the something first has to be shown to exist. God hasn't been shown to exist.

Denial is the refusal to accept reality or fact, acting as if a painful event, thought or feeling did not exist. It is considered one of the most primitive of the defense mechanisms because it is characteristic of early childhood development.

Jan.

I have no reason to believe in such a silly concept.

IOW, people who believe in God are silly?

Just because it's silly doesn't mean it's not true but without having any reason to think that it is, I live my life as is it isn't true. That's my response (and yours) to other such situations.

I accept that as your response.
I take it that if it were true, it would still be silly?

I am in denial of ghosts?

As well?

Jan.

IOW, people who believe in God are silly?

I accept that as your response.
I take it that if it were true, it would still be silly?

As well?

Jan.
Yes, IMO people who believe in God being silly in that belief.

If it were true, no, it would not be silly. Why would you think that it would be silly? That makes no sense, does it?

So you believe in ghosts?

So your understanding , your concept of god , is based on abrahamic religions , then .
Not entirely, because I've also read up on various other religious traditions to some extent.

Maybe God would be like the Force in Star Wars - an invisible, but sort-of personal, "energy" field. I think that, in practice, that's how many follows of Abrahmic religions think about God anyway.

What's your concept of God?

Denial is the refusal to accept reality or fact, acting as if a painful event, thought or feeling did not exist. It is considered one of the most primitive of the defense mechanisms because it is characteristic of early childhood development.
Yes. I think we're on the same page as to what denial is.

Jan

god is in everything
Really? Can we separate out the god bit from the rest and look at it in isolation?

Like, for example, could we extract the God bit out of a rock, leaving just the rocky bits behind?

Really? Can we separate out the god bit from the rest and look at it in isolation?

Like, for example, could we extract the God bit out of a rock, leaving just the rocky bits behind?

Can you separate out the 'Claude Monet" bit from a' Claude Monet' impression, leaving the impression behind?

Jan.

Last edited:
Yes. I think we're on the same page as to what denial is.

So the criteria for denial, for the denier, is not based on whether or not something is correct. The denier will deny it regardless of whether it is correct or not.

"Denial is the refusal to accept reality or fact..."

Jan.

Back