Nonsense: Prove/Disprove existence of a god or gods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disbelief is the default. It requires no knowledge, thought or reasoning to not believe something. Every one of us does not believe in millions of things which we've never heard of.
This seems at odds with what you posted in the "What's the difference?" thread in the Linguistics subforum.

I would say that there is material, space and time. They are apparently all the same thing fundamentally. I would call it all physical as opposed to the virtual. The virtual isn't real, but it's not completely unreal either. Our dreams and ideas seem to occupy a parallel world that influences the physical through computational mechanisms or brains. This is an emergent property of matter. It's a description of what matter does. Particles dance around and form dreams.

I keep coming back to this passage from the (non-canonical) Gospel of Thomas, verse 29.

Jesus said, "If the flesh came into being because of spirit,
it is a wonder. But if spirit came into being because of the
body, it is a wonder of wonders. Indeed, I am amazed at how this
great wealth has made its home in this poverty."

i try to say things in a way other people can understand, but if you are not putting any effort into your explanations why should i listen

if you are only interested in making your point right, you are not seeking god. if you are humble and seek god,
you will find the The Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back