Mining Operations

Does it really matter how the cliffs formed? I showed two images of cliffs near water. Big deal. The point was that I was showing that most cliffs and surface features are natural, something you dumbasses seem to have trouble comprehending. Instead you crave the ET answer so badly that you're willing to believe in the stupidest of ideas to extend that belief. You continually grasp the proverbial straw and come away sounding like a bunch of kooks.

And than you make fun of ME for a little common sense? Classic fellas. :p

blackhole, did you get nicked with Occam's razor? Maybe you should take a dip in the ocean on Miranda, the salt water should fix that nick right up. You know the ocean, the one that cut the cliffs on Miranda.
ROFLOL

Cliffs can be formed other ways such as volcanic activity, erosion ect. A little bit more likely than a mining operation.

Norval/FieryIce,
I hope you aren't expecting to make a case that their is life on other planets due to this "Mining Theory".

I know that "if" there is life on other planets its more than likely not to look like our own, but a whole desolate planet scared with impact craters and pithole chasms isn't going to suggest life on that planet.

If you are going to suggest its an "Alien Mining Colony", why would aliens travel countless of lightyears from their own Solar Systems to mine ours? (Okay that could be answered with some of the multiplayer strategies of using up the opponents resources before they get a chance to themselves, but I think the likelihood is too remote to contemplate.)

I know you could state, "Perhaps its from our solar systems ancient past" however if the supposed aliens were so vastly superior to ourselves, I'm sure they wouldn't need to mine for the materials, They could just beam it on board or replicate it from pure energy, rather than going to the trouble of create massive plant equipment for moving soil/rocks and filtering out what they are after.

FieryIce said:
blackhole, did you get nicked with Occam's razor? Maybe you should take a dip in the ocean on Miranda, the salt water should fix that nick right up. You know the ocean, the one that cut the cliffs on Miranda.
ROFLOL

It's incredible how stupid you sound to me and everyone else when you spout mononic paragraphs.

Shaman
Of course you have studied such erosion processes on Europa? :rolleyes: FOCLMFAO

Stryder
No, not that there is life on these moons in our solar system NOW, NO.

What ETI may look like is your guess work. LOL
No, not the suggestion of life there now. War is about the only thing that would devastate to such a degree that we see. Life is now gone, obviously.

And again, no. It is interesting that ALL of your thought processes about such a theory doesn’t ever include the OTHER possible answer? :D

ROFLMFAO at all the obvious tactics of information control and manipulation.

In general the occasional typographical error is preferable to your monotonic ramblings.
Why do you persist in seeing the unnatural in the natural, the abnormal in the normal, the bizarre in the routine? What drives such an uneducated, closed mind, ill-informed approach?
I had hoped that posts in this pseudo-science section would contain truly novel ideas, based upon careful examination of otherwise inexplicable phenomena. I guess you could mark me down as naive.......but not gullible.

novel ideas, based upon careful examination of otherwise inexplicable phenomena.

in pseudoscience??? :bugeye:

isn't that exactly the aim of science?

Anyway', it's my hobby. :D

Yes. Why not? Off the wall ideas that might be plausible, but that go beyond accepted theories. Science has to be more restrained in its speculation - pseudo-science can be freer. But I find the freedom to post the nonsense FieryIce indulges herself in to be pointless.

Science has to be more restrained in its speculation.

Depends, I guess. Whenever there is a scientific crisis, thinking out of the box should be permissible according to Kuhn.

Crisis and the Emergence of Scientific Theories.

As is the case with discovery, a change in an existing theory that results in the invention of a new theory is also brought about by the awareness of anomaly. The emergence of a new theory is generated by the persistent failure of the puzzles of normal science to be solved as they should. Failure of existing rules is the prelude to a search for new ones. These failures can be brought about by observed discrepancies between theory and fact or changes in social/cultural climates Such failures are generally long recognised, which is why crises are seldom surprising. Neither problems nor puzzles yield often to the first attack . Recall that paradigm and theory resist change and are extremely resilient. Philosophers of science have repeatedly demonstrated that more than one theoretical construction can always be placed upon a given collection of data . In early stages of a paradigm, such theoretical alternatives are easily invented. Once a paradigm is entrenched (and the tools of the paradigm prove useful to solve the problems the paradigm defines), theoretical alternatives are strongly resisted. As in manufacture so in science--retooling is an extravagance to be reserved for the occasion that demands it. Crises provide the opportunity to retool.

Stryder said:
Fiery,
In respects to Gravity, you have to at first identify what Gravity is. I tend to think that gravity is due to the electromagnetics of matter at a sub-atomic level, this means that some elements will have a greater Gravity (and Mass) while others will have less.
Wow, even the mod is now an off-topic kook. The simple everyday definition of 'what makes an apple fall' is a good enough definition.

When a meteor hits the Earth, pieces of the Earth blow apart. They are pulled back towards the center by gravity. If a really big meteor hits, the same thing would still happen.

It looks like that is what happened here.... and guess what... you get waves. Very slow and cold waves made out of solids, but waves.

You sound bored, like the peanut gallery is getting out of hand. It must be you’re bored with Miranda’s "chevron" feature so maybe look at the so-called ovoid regions at the top and bottom of this image, best viewed when looking at the full image from the url not the tiny thumbnail.

PIA01490.jpg

PIA01490: South Polar View of Miranda

bing1.jpg

Bingham Canyon mine

This is claiming to be the larges man made open pit, two-and-a-half miles wide and half a mile deep, the Bingham Canyon copper mine in Utah. When the surface mining runs out estimated to be in 2013 the underground mining will continue.

Wow... it does look like it has mining pits, it also looks like it has huge gouges in it... definetly interesting.

I have to admit it does have some correlating patterns in these images.

However, what is Miranda supposed to be composed of? What would they be harvesting?

I still have doubts this is mining.. Im sure you could look over all the planets and find something on them to debate was put there by ETI.

Back