Mandatory Castration and penile resection for convicted peodophiles

Mandatory surgical procedures for convicted Peodophiles

• yes

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • no

Votes: 15 65.2%

• Total voters
Hmm y'know Baron, protecting the kids is fine; but taking someone's life? Not a good idea; the road to hell etc.

Then lets protect the kids ....why all the fuss about pedos? If the kids are protected, the pedos can't get to 'em. So ....we've eliminated the problem completely without doing anything to harm anyone.

Baron Max

Then lets protect the kids ....why all the fuss about pedos? If the kids are protected, the pedos can't get to 'em. So ....we've eliminated the problem completely without doing anything to harm anyone.

Baron Max

You could also shoot the kids; that way nothing bad could ever happen to them. :rolleyes:

The positive aspect of having this temporary fix is that the innocent may be able to regain what is lost... though what is lost is not yet defined. As for the wrongful conviction, it should be difficult to criminalize an innocent person without proper evidence of such a crime. The negative aspect of the temporary fix is that it is temporary, and thus the pedophile may relapse once the hormones have depleted.

The effect of penile resection and testicular castration woul ddefinitely be dramatic. It is true that a penis can be built and even restored to some function but I have yet to here the same being said for testicles.

Obviously the Medical people would have to do some serious research into what would be most effective. Possibly prostrate surgery and chemical intervention would be also necessary. A mix of what ever it takes to placate the offenders urges yet maintain his ability to function safely in society in other ways.
But castration and penile resection would be a good start IMO

The positive aspect of having this temporary fix is that the innocent may be able to regain what is lost... though what is lost is not yet defined. As for the wrongful conviction, it should be difficult to criminalize an innocent person without proper evidence of such a crime. The negative aspect of the temporary fix is that it is temporary, and thus the pedophile may relapse once the hormones have depleted.

They could be required to present themselves for the hormone treatment; it would be cheaper than keeping them in prison.

Baron Max
The thing is that the peodophile has some value to offer society if he can control his extreme urges. The doctors, the judges, teachers and priests etc and all the other professional and non- professional people all have an ability to add to society if only we could remove the threat of their sexual crimes.

That's what I was thinking, S.A.M., just like people on probation required to check in with the police. I would approve of such a method, if a safe method of applying the hormones were practiced, and it proved to have little or no impact on the other functions of the human body.

I wonder how the concentrations would differ for each individual, or the differing reactions in a man and woman?

That's what I was thinking, S.A.M., just like people on probation required to check in with the police. I would approve of such a method, if a safe method of applying the hormones were practiced, and it proved to have little or no impact on the other functions of the human body.

I wonder how the concentrations would differ for each individual, or the differing reactions in a man and woman?

They just repress testosterone production; in both men and women that is the hormone of arousal.

I dont think there is enough evidence that castration removes attraction. Can anyone say they weren't attracted to the opposite sex before pubity?

It is interesting that the focus of this approach is centered on the well bieng of the peodophile. If only he excersised such a compassion for his many victims.....hmmmmmm
The serous bodilly functional effects on a child are enourmous too and life long. Not jus this but the child also has serious inclination to become an offender later in life as well.
Nope, in my opinion the peodophile either faces the death penalty, life in prison or surgery...maybe make it his choice to make....hmmmmm

It is interesting that the focus of this approach is centered on the well bieng of the peodophile. If only he excersised such a compassion for his many victims.....hmmmmmm
The serous bodilly functional effects on a child are enourmous too and life long. Not jus this but the child also has serious inclination to become an offender later in life as well.
Nope, in my opinion the peodophile either faces the death penalty, life in prison or surgery...maybe make it his choice to make....hmmmmm

I am uncomfortable with the aspect of punishing someone for their sexuality; I would rather select a method that protects the child and still provides for the well being of the pedophile.

My main focus is to eliminate the sexual abuse by a pedophile without violating their right to life.
The issue here is the well-being of the pedophile, not the abused children.

Attraction is one thing, acting on it is different.

Well what ever, but I voted yes anyway because it can only help.

I honestly dont think there is a healthy prepubescent male that isn't attracted to pictures of womens titties for one thing though :D(ask any of the guys here their memories ). This tells me that it may be a brain thing aswell as a hormonal thing.

I think you're more knowledgeable with the effects of testosterone than I am, S.A.M., but thanks to Google / Wikipedia I was able to find a description of the effects testosterone has on the human body. While I still think this method is better than any of the permanent solutions like surgery or death, what could be done to compensate for these aspects of testosterone?

- Maintenance of muscle mass and strength
- Maintenance of bone density and strength
- Libido and clitoral engorgement/penile erection frequency.
- Mental and physical energy

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testosterone#Adult_testosterone_effects

Originally posted by Quantum Quack
How do we deal with the ethics and morality associated with this issue?

Nope, in my opinion the peodophile either faces the death penalty, life in prison or surgery...

How do you suppose your solution addresses an ethical or moral approach?

I am uncomfortable with the aspect of punishing someone for their sexuality; I would rather select a method that protects the child and still provides for the well being of the pedophile.
SAM I appreciate your position. And ultimately this would be the objective.
However it is in the nature of the beast that drives the reaction.
I donot see it as an issue of punishment at all. I see it merely as an issue of child protection and what could be doe to ensure this.

The peodophile has committed a serious crime and will go on to do so many times over. The victims will also suffer the possibility of becoming offenders later in life thus perpetuating the horrific cycle of abuse that society is trapped in. My guess would be that one peodolphile could generate another 20 or more peodophiles especially if his abuse is directed to male children.
So the question is not so much how severe the societal reaction is but how we can catch the problem early enough to prevent the spread of this "disease".

IMO the peodophile is suffering a psychiatric ondition. A serious one with serious implications on societies future health.

To surgically remove his ability to offend and yet maintain a certain quality of life seems to me to be the only real solution until we learn to understand how libido, drive and imagination function and can learn to offer more sophisticated and theraputic procedures. [ a cure would be nice hey?]
With appropriate rehab say two years in a prison or lock down psych ward after surgery the offender has a good chance of being able to re-enter society safely.

I think you're more knowledgeable with the effects of testosterone than I am, S.A.M., but thanks to Google / Wikipedia I was able to find a description of the effects testosterone has on the human body. While I still think this method is better than any of the permanent solutions like surgery or death, what could be done to compensate for these aspects of testosterone?

- Maintenance of muscle mass and strength
- Maintenance of bone density and strength
- Libido and clitoral engorgement/penile erection frequency.
- Mental and physical energy

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testosterone#Adult_testosterone_effects

Like I said they repress the effects not eliminate them.

Indeed. I don't expect answers to everything from you, but I did want to present the question.
Anyway, if the repression of testosterone is inadequate for continuing offenders, would the solution demand terms such as those described by Quantum Quack?
Life in prison, surgery, or death?

Back