Man divorces & sues wife for being ugly, wins

Yeah.
The bitch, the slut! How dared she think that the guy would like her for her!

I guess it all goes like this:

Women should be pretty.
Those that aren't pretty, should either 1. get cosmetic surgery and stay single, or 2. not marry, 3. kill themselves.

Men must be pleased, NO MATTER WHAT. All hail male chauvinism!

What a load of crap, wynn. Obviously she wasn't hoping that he'd like her for her, otherwise she wouldn't have gotten a hundred grand in cosmetic surgery. Secondly, you're intentionally misrepresenting Killjoy's post. He never said women should get surgery or kill themselves, he simply said that she should have told him about the surgery. Now, is suing your wife over how ugly your kid looks sane and normal behavior? Clearly not. But your response is no less absurd. Get a grip.

Women should be pretty.
Those that aren't pretty, should either 1. get cosmetic surgery and stay single, or 2. not marry, 3. kill themselves.

I think it goes like this:

1) People should be honest with their spouses.

I think it goes like this:

1) People should be honest with their spouses.

yes you are correct. With this assessment.
But how did he not know though. I have gotten to see many pictures of my wife when she was younger. You would have thought he seen a picture at least before her operations. Maybe at her moms house.
Wonder how a female judge would have ruled?

But how did he not know though. I have gotten to see many pictures of my wife when she was younger. You would have thought he seen a picture at least before her operations. Maybe at her moms house.

A lesser of two evils. I'd speculate that they were both all kinds of wrong with all the wrong motivations.
However, a complete disregard to disclose necessary information is something that can be pinned down.

Yeah.
The bitch, the slut! How dared she think that the guy would like her for her!

Women should be pretty.

Men must be pleased, NO MATTER WHAT. All hail male chauvinism!

How do you get slut out of that? You are really good at going for extremes aren't you. No women should not have to be pretty, but they should have to be honest. It is no different than someone pretending to be someone they aren't to seduce an online lover. Give a picture of someone other than themselves. Saying they weigh 110 when they weigh 400. Saying they have a college education and a good job when in reality they are a high school drop out who can't get work. Withholds that they have herpes. It all falls into the category of remaining honest. A human being has a right to be an asshole and only want pretty babies. And we have to right to view such person as an asshole. But deception is no one's right.

Reminds me of that French case where the person was divorced and charged with not putting out enough, was that chauvinistic too Wynn?

Well I am a woman and I would judge that the woman entered the marriage under false pretenses. I don't know that I would have awarded so much money but the divorce I would have. Any money awarded would have had orders attached that they go to pay for the therapy for the child and both parents would be ordered to pay it. The mother for being dishonest and the father for being a douchebag who can't seem to love his kid unconditionally.

In the end the kid is the victim of parental stupidity. Both parents showing a deep inclination towards shallowness and deception. Assuming a man can't love you if you are not attractive is shallow and acting on that shallowness is deceptive. For the man to claim he was in love with HER was deceptive the fact that he had no compassion for her or their child when he saw how "ugly" she was shows his shallowness. I honestly don't think the baby is ugly at all, but I'm one of those sickos that thinks all babies are cute in their own way.

Shallowness is legal. Deception in most cases is not.

wonder if this might have something to do with the one child policy, after all in the west we have less children but thats by CHOICE. If you want another child you can chose to have another child where as in China you get what you get and thats it, you have no opotunity to chose to have another child, so its not suprising that if you found out your partner had hid something which would effect your child you could be pissed off.

wonder if this might have something to do with the one child policy, after all in the west we have less children but thats by CHOICE. If you want another child you can chose to have another child where as in China you get what you get and thats it, you have no opotunity to chose to have another child, so its not suprising that if you found out your partner had hid something which would effect your child you could be pissed off.
True, this is a perspective I doubt many of us outside of China can fully relate to. But it has been my understanding that while in China you are allowed to have only one child I don't think that means that it is illegal to have more than one. From what I have been told, its just that if you do have more than one you are penalized with high taxes and/or fines of some kind. But your child is not killed, forcibly aborted, or otherwise removed from existence while you go to jail if you have more than one. I may be wrong. I believe Saint is Chinese, if I am not mistaken, it would be interesting to get her feedback if we can be patient with her language challenges.

True, this is a perspective I doubt many of us outside of China can fully relate to. But it has been my understanding that while in China you are allowed to have only one child I don't think that means that it is illegal to have more than one. From what I have been told, its just that if you do have more than one you are penalized with high taxes and/or fines of some kind. But your child is not killed, forcibly aborted, or otherwise removed from existence while you go to jail if you have more than one. I may be wrong. I believe Saint is Chinese, if I am not mistaken, it would be interesting to get her feedback if we can be patient with her language challenges.

It is illegal, but you are correct that the penalty amounts to fines, and many (at least according to Wiki) have more than one child regardless. But it's still a good point raised by Asguard, as the fines may be restrictive to some. Even if this guy can afford the fines, the idea that his next child will be a greater financial burden definitely puts this case in a new light. I hadn't considered that until he brought it up.

Out of intrest I wonder how people (either sex) in western countries would react if they found out there partner had a sex change for example. I doubt a lot of people would be as civilised as to sue

by wynn said:
What do you think Angelina Jolie looked like as an infant?
I will tell you what the hell I think... She would have looked much younger. :D

Out of interest I wonder how people (either sex) in western countries would react if they found out there partner had a sex change for example. I doubt a lot of people would be as civilized as to sue

What the shits happening? Does no one really get to know who they are with. The family they will be around. Or knowing there past? Does people not give a hoot or share there life history with partners that are not going to be one night stands?

Out of intrest I wonder how people (either sex) in western countries would react if they found out there partner had a sex change for example. I doubt a lot of people would be as civilised as to sue
I imagine most would freak out and lose it. It puts a person into a situation of questioning their sexuality and most people, gay or straight, hate feeling unsure of their orientation identity. Besides that, if you had hoped for children with your spouse and they didn't disclose to you that they KNEW they could not conceive for whatever reason, it is extremely selfish on their part.

I had my tubes tied after my 4th child was born. Then ended up divorced a second time. When I met Neverfly, and the conversation lead to flirting with the idea of dating I unleashed my hoard of dirty laundry on him, including my inability to make anymore babies. For some reason he didn't run away screaming but had I withheld any of that information and told him after we were deeply involved, not even married yet, he would have likely told me to take a hike. And I would have had no blame for him in doing so.

I'd be happy if they just stepped out of this thread.

If they stepped out of this thread they would only step into another. There must be some strong need for validation of some sort that forces them, and well the rest of us too, to be honest, to keep posting no matter how much resistance we get.

Back