Man Beheads Wife in 'Honor' Killing

it attracts dogs to scream whatever nonsense they came come up with to defame and demean Muslims. Sources are not necessary

If not for sources, we wouldn't find that much of what you state are lies.

For the record, slavery is haram, unlawful in Islam.

You've already been called on that lie. Slavery is accepted and promoted in Islam.

I don't want to hear any more of this nonsense unless it is backed by evidence from the Quran and hadith, along with tafsir.

You will find that evidence in this thread, which you obviously ignored.

As far as my people engaging in slavery, that is an outright lie.

It is an outright fact. You are lying.

Though I am from the Middle East/ West Asia, my people never engaged in slavery of anyone. It is true the Arabs engaged in slavery before Islam arrived, but after Islam there was a wholesale reformation and enlightenment in the Arab world which changed the hearts of man.

Those are lies.

Anyway, let's get back to the original topic of this thread.

Are you finished lying, yet?

Bottom line is Islam does not condone slavery

Yet, it does and we've provided the quotes from the Quran that support it.

Racism is alive and thriving in the United States.

And in Islamic states.

Well, I'm out. I don't have time to waste on racists and haters who flock to these threads like flies. Good day.

If you continuously post lies, then you're going to get people calling you on your lies. Stop lying. Simple really.

Those who believe racism is dead simply deceive themselves. Ask any African American about this, they will give you the same answer as me. Racism is alive and thriving in the United States. From the media, school textbooks, the military, public radio, and politics.
you are standing in it up to your eyeballs diamondhearts.
the military was the VERY FIRST american institution to become colorblind.

edit
give it up diamondhearts, the black powerheads of this country are on to this type of propaganda.

Last edited:
Slavery is HARAM in Islam. You can look up what the word haram means. It is something like forbidden.

Show the relevant quotes from the Quran that state that slavery is forbidden in Islam? Anyone??? Can you show them, Sam?

If a man kills his entire family because he lost his job, is that an honour killing? Isn't it about his honour and his shame of not being able to care for his family?

Show the relevant quotes from the Quran that state that slavery is forbidden in Islam? Anyone??? Can you show them, Sam?

Sure. It says so in 2:177 that it is righteousness to free a slave, among a description of all things considered righteous.

In Judaism, however,

A Jew is forbidden to return a runaway slave (Deuteronomy 23:15-16).

Deuteronomy 20:11-14 "If they open the gates and surrender, they are all to become your slaves and serve you",

That is not the same thing.

That you should free a slave is not the same thing as slavery is not good?

Its among a list of other similar things which are part of the pillars of Islam.

It is not Al-Birr (piety, righteousness, and each and every act of obedience to Allâh, etc.) that you turn your faces towards east and (or) west (in prayers); but Al-Birr is (the quality of) the one who believes in Allâh, the Last Day, the Angels, the Book, the Prophets and gives his wealth, in spite of love for it, to the kinsfolk, to the orphans, and to Al-Masâkin (the poor), and to the wayfarer, and to those who ask, and to set slaves free, performs As-Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât), and gives the Zakât, and who fulfill their covenant when they make it, and who are As-Sâbirin (the patient ones, etc.) in extreme poverty and ailment (disease) and at the time of fighting (during the battles). Such are the people of the truth and they are Al*Muttaqûn (pious)

That you should free a slave is not the same thing as slavery is not good?

Its among a list of other similar things which are part of the pillars of Islam.

No, it does not say you can't have a slave.. :shrug:

About your quote, it just appears to be a dude that says that Muslims will give you some of their riches if you set slaves free.
I'd be convinced if you have a quote from Mohamed.

No, it does not say you can't have a slave.. :shrug:

About your quote, it just appears to be a dude that says that Muslims will give you some of their riches if you set slaves free.
I'd be convinced if you have a quote from Mohamed.

It says that it expiates your sins to save them, or free them.

As for Mohammed:

The Islamic prophet Muhammad encouraged manumission of slaves, even if one had to purchase them first. On many occasions, Muhammad's companions, at his direction, freed slaves in abundance. Muhammad personally freed 63 slaves, and his wife Aisha freed 67.[30] In total his household and friends freed 39,237 slaves.[31] The most notable of Muhammad's slaves were: Safiyya bint Huyayy, whom he freed and married; Maria al-Qibtiyya, given to Muhammad by a Byzantine official, whom he freed and who may have become his wife;[32] Sirin, Maria's sister, whom he freed and married to the poet Hassan ibn Thabit[33] and Zayd ibn Harithah, whom Muhammad freed and adopted as a son

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_and_slavery

Hard to believe someone stating that slavery is something positive. It's ok as long as we are doing it i suppose is the mindset.

Yea, but it doesn't say you can't have a slave. Mohamed just encourages people to set them free, he doesn't say that they have to..

Thats because of the condition of slaves at the time. Where would they go?
Especially the ones who had lived all their lives as slaves?

Anyway, its ironic that people like you believe there should not be coercion and then are surprised when people are encouraged rather than forced to change their ways. Note that the Quran has no absolutism in any kind of human behaviour. You're supposed to make up your own mind.

Anyway, its ironic that people like you believe there should not be coercion and then are surprised when people are encouraged rather than forced to change their ways. Note that the Quran has no absolutism in any kind of human behaviour. You're supposed to make up your own mind.
Fair enough.
And I'm am not surprised at all. It's just that you didn't answer Q's question. He asked whether or not anyone could show that slavery is forbidden in Islam.

Fair enough.
And I'm am not surprised at all. It's just that you didn't answer Q's question. He asked whether or not anyone could show that slavery is forbidden in Islam.

Its considered haram. Which is the same for alcohol, pork etc. None of which are completely forbidden in the Quran. Like I said, there are no absolutes there.

Its considered haram. Which is the same for alcohol, pork etc. None of which are explicitly forbidden in the Quran. Like I said, there are no absolutes there.

Ok.
I know a few Muslims that have a different opinion though.. they seem to think that pork is explicitly forbidden.

Sure. It says so in 2:177 that it is righteousness to free a slave, among a description of all things considered righteous.

Bullshit!!! That doesn't have anything to do with slavery being forbidden. You are lying.

" Righteousness Defined

[2:177] Righteousness is not turning your faces towards the east or the west. Righteous are those who believe in GOD, the Last Day, the angels, the scripture, and the prophets; and they give the money, cheerfully, to the relatives, the orphans, the needy, the traveling alien, the beggars, and to free the slaves; and they observe the Contact Prayers (Salat) and give the obligatory charity (Zakat); and they keep their word whenever they make a promise; and they steadfastly persevere in the face of persecution, hardship, and war. These are the truthful; these are the righteous."

Ok.
I know a few Muslims that have a different opinion though.. they seem to think that pork is explicitly forbidden.

The wording is somewhat like this:

He hath forbidden you only carrion, and blood, and swine flesh and that which hath been immolated to (the name of) any other than Allah. But he who is driven by necessity, neither craving nor transgressing, it is no sin for him. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful” (Qur'an 2:173).

Fucking hilarious. The queen of stupidity strikes again.

They would go wherever they wanted to go because they would BE FREE!!!!

Are you so stupid as to believe people want to be owned by other people, even if that's what they were born into?

Note that the Quran has no absolutism in any kind of human behaviour. You're supposed to make up your own mind.

That is a bald-faced lie, and you know it.

Back