Lies Atheists Tell

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a worn about atheist argument. I agree with Islam and Christianity that there is one God. I also agree with the deists and all theists everywhere that there is a God. I have nothing whatsoever in common with atheists...

You believe in Thor?

WTF is Evolutionism? :shrug:

does the word MONEY ring a bell?;)

explain then why did God create man penis with a foreskin and then told him to cut it off??

do you need help installing google? Evolutionism is defined in several places on the web, look it up.

Sure Money rings a bell, but the impetus was that these were useless organs according to evolutionary science.

I don't know why God created a foreskin covered penis, but the bible explains why he instructed Abraham and his offspring to remove it on the 8th day (which interestingly is the perfect day to do a circumcision, since vitamen A is at optimum levels and almost no bleeding occurs).

Not that this thread or its OP is really worth any of my time, but this thread by far the biggest joke I've ever heard.

My advice to the OP: Get an education before committing to false ideologies with no scientific backing.

I have an education thanks. The post was in reference to a claim of leading atheists that religion is the cause of most wars. I have provided documentation for everything stated in my opening post and no one has even attempted to refute it. What is interesting however is that atheist posters on this forum have stated this very fallacy in the past and you find it "the biggest joke I have ever heard" that someone takes the time to refute it? Get a clue man.

Some of them were Deists, not Christians. Thomas Jefferson went so far as to cut and paste his own bible out of the passages he felt represented the true wisdom of Jesus. Please learn some history (and science while you are at it).

Who did Adam and Eve's children marry?

You are referring to the founders of the USA and our constitutional republic. I would be willing to go toe to toe with you any time any where on the subject of American History. But my post was in reference to the founders of modern science.

dan said:
The Encyclopedia of Wars lists a total of 123 wars which were fought for religious reasons. (Phillips, Charles and Alan Axelrod. Encyclopedia of Wars. New York: Facts on File, 2005.)
I have no idea what "for religious reasons" means, but I can well believe that most religions do not present themselves as reasons for war.

They do organize people into exclusionary groups, and provide them with grievances as well as courage for risking death, and generally enable the whole procedure.

dan said:
atheism provided the moral framework for killing and torturing

"Stalin came born into religion. Raised by a deeply religious mother, he attended a parish school, and later entered a theological seminary. It occurred during his theological training when he began his radical communist thinking. Much of his temper and intolerance matches that of the religious teachings of his day."

Most atheists were "born into religion".
So in point of fact, as most people get their moral framework from childhood, religion has provided the moral framework for killing and torturing.

No, because everywhere that Christianity has spread, superstitious paganism with its pantheon of Gods and Godesses where abandoned for the much more reasonable transcendant one of the Bible.

That was centuries ago. Today, Christian superstitions and myths are being abandoned for reason and rationale.

M*W: Further, since you're a christian, why the hell did you come here? Christianity is not a scientific process.

Neither is eating my breakfast cereal but what has that got to do with anything? There is nothing I saw when signing that stated that this was an athiest only club. You have posts inviting theist to comment, so did you expect only atheists to participate...

That was centuries ago. Today, Christian superstitions and myths are being abandoned for reason and rationale.

I am not seeing this mass exodus to "reason and rationale". Paganism is everywhere on the rise again and Islam is growing by leaps and bounds in every nation where Christianity has diminished in prominence. Atheism remains at roughly the same percentage year after year.

I have no idea what "for religious reasons" means, but I can well believe that most religions do not present themselves as reasons for war.

They do organize people into exclusionary groups, and provide them with grievances as well as courage for risking death, and generally enable the whole procedure.

So in point of fact, as most people get their moral framework from childhood, religion has provided the moral framework for killing and torturing.

you are offering no objective criteria here for determine what constitutes a religious war. What this amounts to is if the participants held to any beliefs then the war was religiously inspired. I don't have the list of criteria used in the study handy, but they were much more objective in nature. But no matter how you slice it, you have no argument that religion is the cause of most wars. This just isn't so.

I am not seeing this mass exodus to "reason and rationale".

So what? There was no mass exodus to Christianity, either.

Paganism is everywhere on the rise again and Islam is growing by leaps and bounds in every nation where Christianity has diminished in prominence. Atheism remains at roughly the same percentage year after year.

No, you are wrong, atheism is on the rise and will dominate the planet. Christianity and Islam will be shelved alongside the other mythical gods.

No, because everywhere that Christianity has spread, superstitious paganism with its pantheon of Gods and Godesses where abandoned for the much more reasonable transcendant one of the Bible.

Then you are an atheist of the god Thor. The rest of your argument is a bandwagon fallacy. As Bertrand Russell said, "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." There is just as much evidence for the existence of Thor as any other god or goddess.

So you are an atheist wrt Thor. We needn't know you passage to atheism, but you provided it anyway.

OK, so do you believe in Pan, Loki, Ganesh, Shiva, quetzalcoatl, Zeus, Odin, Poseidon, Xenu, or Moroni?

No. You are an atheist wrt those gods. Now, you can't just say 'there is one God, but that doesn't make me an atheist towards those other gods' because it EXACTLY does.

The reasons you don't believe in them apply to your god of choice too.

As to your OP, it's ludicrous. Atheists become atheists because they don't find the arguments for theism compelling. Believe me, I've sat through enough Religious Education classes, and talked to enough believers, and not one has been compelling. You believe? Well, you just have lower standards, or are more gullible. Hell, people fall for the Nigerian scam, so we know some people are more gullible than others.

Then you are an atheist of the god Thor. The rest of your argument is a bandwagon fallacy. As Bertrand Russell said, "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." There is just as much evidence for the existence of Thor as any other god or goddess.

I am not an atheist for anything. Causality leads one to a single transendant cause for all things.

""If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing."

I agree, which is why I reject molecules to man evolution.

I am not an atheist for anything. Causality leads one to a single transendant cause for all things.

Do you even understand the mechanisms that are involved ?
Do you understand of evolution even ? What are your arguments against it ?

And, please, can you answer all my previous posts now.. it's looks like you're avoiding them..

Are you OilIsMastery in disguise?

"No. You are an atheist wrt those gods. Now, you can't just say 'there is one God, but that doesn't make me an atheist towards those other gods' because it EXACTLY does."

an atheist believes that evidence for any god or gods is lacking. I agree with all theists of all times that they are wrong. Paganism is simply a corruption of the original monotheistic faith held by all. When Paul preached to the thessalonicans he didn't preach atheism but focused on the "unknown God". Theism is built into the natures of everyone. It is the natural state. Atheism appears to be some sort of mental abnormality or self imposed deception.

"The reasons you don't believe in them apply to your god of choice too."

Not at all. I offered my reasons for accepting the biblical God as the true God above and they involve many lines of reasoning including arguments of logic, fulfilled prophecy, resurrection evidence as well as personal experience. The only one of these I have in common with other non christian theists is personal experience.

"As to your OP, it's ludicrous. Atheists become atheists because they don't find the arguments for theism compelling."

My OP was about the causes of war.

"Believe me, I've sat through enough Religious Education classes, and talked to enough believers, and not one has been compelling. You believe? Well, you just have lower standards, or are more gullible. Hell, people fall for the Nigerian scam, so we know some people are more gullible than others"

You have no idea where the reason is gullibility or not. This is your bias. My bias is that you suffer from a mental disorder which is the cause of your abnormality, since reasonable people everywhere find the view of Gods existance self evident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back