Let's all have a big fight over my mortal soul.

He cant back that claim up, he is relying on his personal knowledge but how can that be good enough?

he is relying on improbablility

By the same logic he would conclude that evolution never happened as it pertains to living organisms.

ever heard of natural selection?

I knew you were going to ask me that. I recognise that I (knowingly, and somewhat facetiously) made an overstatement.

Pointing out delusional thinking is Good.

[Note: I'm not saying that theists are delusional. I think the fact that we're all here, in this thread, makes that clear.]

I thinks people who force their beliefs on others are all equally oppressive.

I have yet to see a rational atheist on this board.

edit: correction, I forgot spurious.

i'd like to point out that I'm not an atheist

I knew you were going to ask me that. I recognise that I (knowingly, and somewhat facetiously) made an overstatement.

Yup, overstatements are not truth; but they are good for pointing out that truth is a very subjective quality.

Pointing out delusional thinking is Good.

All thinking is delusional thinking, even logic is a concept that makes sense to some peoples neurons. Other people's logic is your illogic.:D
[Note: I'm not saying that theists are delusional. I think the fact that we're all here, in this thread, makes that clear.]

You're too smart for this. Frankly, why bust your chops? You're a good guy, you do (as far as I know) all the right stuff. Philosophical musings are so much mental masturbation, when there is no practical objective, nah?

You're not paying attention, this is a scientific question.

Why?

fine, i'll put it in different words: because it is improbable

and it is a scientific question, as theists often claim that god comunicates with them

OPINIONS

you buy the book and read it, the conclusions are your own

I have all his books; I find him polemic, to be honest. Stephen Jay Gould is more my cup of tea.

Not to say I don't enjoy reading Dawkins, but I never confuse an opinion with a fact.

All thinking is delusional thinking, even logic is a concept that makes sense to some peoples neurons. Other people's logic is your illogic.:D

I disagree. Logic is mathematic. Mathematic is exact.

I have all his books; I find him polemic, to be honest. Stephen Jay Gould is more my cup of tea.

Not to say I don't enjoy reading Dawkins, but I never confuse an opinion with a fact.

were you scamed, then?

fine, i'll put it in different words: because it is improbable

and it is a scientific question, as theists often claim that god comunicates with them

For something to be probable or improbable, it has to be defined.

As for communication, there may be an objective analysis there, PMS used to be called hysteria and natural sexual inclination, nymphomania.

I thinks people who force their beliefs on others are all equally oppressive.

I have yet to see a rational atheist on this board.

edit: correction, I forgot spurious.

That is only because he is your pal, theres nothing wrong with that. If he made even one ant-Muslim post you would think otherwise. But of course he bashes Americans so he is your chum. And htat ok too.

he is relying on improbablility

ever heard of natural selection?

Anything we are not 100% certain of, without absolute proof would also be improbable?

You're too smart for this. Frankly, why bust your chops? You're a good guy, you do (as far as I know) all the right stuff. Philosophical musings are so much mental masturbation, when there is no practical objective, nah?
Nah. I agree. No harm in a little mental masturbation though. Far from making you go blind it may even lead you into the Light.

[One day I'll make a statement that's 100% irony-free. One day..]

Nah. I agree. No harm in a little mental masturbation though. Far from making you go blind it may even lead you into the Light.

[One day I'll make a statement that's 100% irony-free. One day..]

The light could be a train rushing at you.:D

Back