James Randi

Surely if Astrology is mere guesswork then anyone can do it - comprende?
And this is the basis of your only argument for astrology. Not only is it ad ignorantiam, but its fallitic in other ways.

Just because you can write some BS that sounds beleivable doesnt mean everyone can. Your argument is akin to saying: "Tolkiens works were real because he describes them with such realism. If they were not real, than everyone could write the things so well. Since you can't write as well as Tolkien, his works must be real."

-Andrew

andbna's horoscope:

"Today you will say something profound.....and you will give all your money to Mac." :)

And this is the basis of your only argument for astrology. Not only is it ad ignorantiam, but its fallitic in other ways.

Just because you can write some BS that sounds beleivable doesnt mean everyone can. Your argument is akin to saying: "Tolkiens works were real because he describes them with such realism. If they were not real, than everyone could write the things so well. Since you can't write as well as Tolkien, his works must be real."

-Andrew

Lol thanks for comparing me to one of the widely read authors in the world..I'm flattered. Even moreso when the BBC voted it as the best book every written.

Yeah I agree...barmy.

Your post doesn't make sense..guesswork is something that can be done by anybody.

On the other hand if we could all sell books with the alacrity of Tolkien and JK Rowling then surely we'd ALL by busy writing them.

It doesn't matter. YOU are the one saying it works, yet you refuse to tell anyone how it works.

And, that is because you don't know.

So, you are a liar.

Case closed.

I was addressing CC..

Not you, Old Bean.

Lol thanks for comparing me to one of the widely read authors in the world..I'm flattered. Even moreso when the BBC voted it as the best book every written.

Yeah I agree...barmy.

Your post doesn't make sense..guesswork is something that can be done by anybody.

On the other hand if we could all sell books with the alacrity of Tolkien and JK Rowling then surely we'd ALL by busy writing them.
Guesswork can be done by anybody, convincing somebody that your guesswork is the real deal; that takes talent. Similarily, anybody can make up a fantasy world, but writing it in such away that it appeals to the masses; that takes talent.

-Andrew

Your being very coy.

Surely if Astrology is mere guesswork then anyone can do it - comprende?

It's rather irrelevant as Q poined out and as it takes hard work and practice to make guesswork attractive as andbna pointed out.

Either way, your continual persistence of trying to divert focus away from having to prove your claim shows that you have no intention (and likely no capability) of doing so.

Billy, you are a LIAR.

Guesswork can be done by anybody, convincing somebody that your guesswork is the real deal; that takes talent. Similarily, anybody can make up a fantasy world, but writing it in such away that it appeals to the masses; that takes talent.

-Andrew

You're descending into complete twaddle...'writing for the masses'...so individuals on here are the 'masses'..I have never read so many pitiful excuses..anywhere but here you would be laughed off the place.

As for..Crunchy Cat well she's obviously turning into a hysteric...I'd give her a wide berth, her screaming can be heard from here.

The mods here are utterly biased and prejudiced. They may as well join the Klu Klux Klan. They're a joke.

What am I asking for?

I DID two short interpretations based on the very basics of astrology.

The critique was...its pure quesswork.

Guess away?

What on earth can possibly be your explanation..yet another get out clause?

It's rather irrelevant as Q poined out and as it takes hard work and practice to make guesswork attractive as andbna pointed out.

Either way, your continual persistence of trying to divert focus away from having to prove your claim shows that you have no intention (and likely no capability) of doing so.

Billy, you are a LIAR.

Take a chill pill, dear...your becoming an embarrasment to one and all.

s_beatdeadhorse.gif

Well I tried but yes its like flogging a dead horse...and the dead horse

1) the myth of cold reading.

2) the myth that astrology is merely guesswork.

We have proven that it is neither.

The sceptics have neither guts nor backbone.

The paranormal nutjobs are liars or deluded since they've yet to support their wild claims with any sort of real evidence.

Take a chill pill, dear...your becoming an embarrasment to one and all.

Better a subjective embarrassment in the eyes of Billy than an objective *LIAR to the world.

* Allthough the word 'Liar' is being used, I recognize that you might simply be deluded.

-Andrew

Its a quite bizarre and totally fallacious analogy.

There is no great writing skill or talent in saying something like 'you are a perfectionist who pays a great deal of attention to detail but has the negative trait of being stubbon/a control freak/indecive etetera etcera..in fact if i wished I could even write down the keywords without the sentences at all. Hardly a novelists ability.

..where is the talent in that? If you're saying its a talent then by all definition you are attributing it to Astrology surely!

If I'm wrong then please explain in what respect I have misunderstood you, Andrew.

Last edited:
Yeh okay..your male try and be a bit more obviously male....insult people randomly and shout at them that they are 'all idiots!' LOL.

Back