James Randi

Its interesting...you are in a large clique of people attacking just one.

Perhaps the problem is that you take astrology personally, and believe people are attacking you personally. No, you are here making claims that astrology works, all by yourself.

Of course, there are a number of people attacking THAT IDEA, not you personally.

So, if you simply detach yourself personally from astrology, you'll have no problem.

I'm game, let me know what specifically you have in mind to demonstrate that astrology works.

Okay...I want you to write an analysis of one member on the Astrology thread. As you know, its all rubbish so its very easily done.

When you've done that, I'll write an analysis using astrology and we shall allow the member who posted the chart to choose which is the most accurate.

Is that acceptable to you or are you going to duck out yet again?

Okay...I want you to write an analysis of one member on the Astrology thread. As you know, its all rubbish so its very easily done.
When you've done that, I'll write an analysis using astrology and we shall allow the member who posted the chart to choose which is the most accurate.

How does comparing one spurious analysis against another prove that astrology works?
Crunchy doesn't claim that his analyses are scientific - but you do, therefore what's the point of getting Crunchy to do one?

I don't get it, how does pitting two subjective interpretations against each other prove one of them is actually objective? Don't get me wrong, I am all participating in a proof and it is very unclear how the exercise above would prove anything.

Of course you have ducked out. According to you, anyone can provide a chart analysis. They're ten a penny.

If thats the case then lay down the money where the big talk is. Provide a reading - cold or otherwise - for a more neutral member.

Of course you have ducked out. According to you, anyone can provide a chart analysis. They're ten a penny.

Can you show me the quote where I explicitly said anybody could provide a chart analysis?

If thats the case then lay down the money where the big talk is. Provide a reading - cold or otherwise - for a more neutral member.

I am willing to lay down money in a bet. Name your price, I am sure I can match it. The problem is you haven't proposed anything to show that Astrology OBJECTIVELY works.

Can you show me the quote where I explicitly said anybody could provide a chart analysis?

I am willing to lay down money in a bet. Name your price, I am sure I can match it.

lol you're very literal. No need for money - just match it by doing a..whats it called now..oh yes 'cold reading'!

Now since I've asked the sceptics to provide these cold reading the claims of how easy cold readings are have..well gone cold.

In fact I'm having trouble finding any sceptic willing to take me one. They've run for the hills.

This is common behaviour. Sceptics are very happy attacking people...and are quite vicious and utterly arrogant in doing so.

When on the defence they soon crumble like the little bully boys they really are. They don't like dissent. They are the Sceptic Taliban...mere fundamentalists.

Neutral observers should take note! I'm here in the boxing ring and ready for action - but where are the sceptics?

:shrug:

Cold reading yesterday - Cold feet today :cool:

Neutral observers should take note! I'm here in the boxing ring and ready for action - but where are the sceptics?

Ignoring your ridiculous claims.
YOU made the claim, YOU provide the E V I D E N C E !!

If you are not prepared to do that, just shut up and leave.

In fact I'm having trouble finding any sceptic willing to take me one. They've run for the hills.

Come now, Billy, you've been at this stage before. Surely, you've made these claims on other sites and have provided nothing? This is the stage in which everyone is ignoring you and you claim your victory.

What a guy! :D

Like all pseudoscience and paranormal nutjobs, Billy's course of action is to shift the burden of proof. Instead of backing up his own wild claims with evidence or data, he's now demanding that those critical of him provide evidence.... what bollocks.

Why should anyone in this thread be required to demonstrate cold reading? Its been done before by skilled and honest skeptics that have documented the technique before thousands of people at a time. This is a bit like the creationist wackjob coming to the science board with claims that his god created the universe in a few days and requiring those skeptical of his superstitions to demonstrate that DNA can actually replicate.

Shifting the burden of proof. Moving the goal posts. blah, blah, blah. Typical pseudoscience tactics that do nothing to support the claimant's position.

Billy has yet to provide valid evidence, so instead he wants to shift his responsibilities. It won't work, mate. You made the claim. So unless you have evidence to back it up, you're either a liar or deluded.

Let me state it once more. You're either a liar or deluded.

But provide real evidence to support your claim and I'm willing to revise that statement.

lol you're very literal.

When you claim I say something that I did not, you bet.

No need for money - just match it by doing a..whats it called now..oh yes 'cold reading'!

What does me performing a 'cold reading' have to do with you demonstrating that Astrology objectively works?

Now since I've asked the sceptics to provide these cold reading the claims of how easy cold readings are have..well gone cold.

How does this apply to me in particular? Did I claim that cold readings were easy? Can you show me where?

I am right here... hellooooooooooooo. So far you have yet to propose something that would demonstrate Astrology objectively works.

This is common behaviour. Sceptics are very happy attacking people...and are quite vicious and utterly arrogant in doing so.

When on the defence they soon crumble like the little bully boys they really are. They don't like dissent. They are the Sceptic Taliban...mere fundamentalists.

It's even more common for fantastic claimers to divert attention away from the fact that they have failed to prove their claims.

:shrug:

Cold reading yesterday - Cold feet today :cool:

Neutral observers should take note of the claim and ask the question... where's the proof?

All I'm doing is throwing the ball back to you. If astrology is easy and can be made up from thin air then prove it to us?

Oh and spare us the weak excuses, the weasel words, the pitiful attempts at not joining in this..

..scientific experiment.

The scientific experiment has been done. I cited it. The demonstrations you require by shifting the burden of proof back on the skeptic have already been done by other elsewhere. There is no need for anyone in this thread to replicate those efforts. I can, however, cite them if you wish.

The only claim that needs evidence is the one that you can perform "astrology." Barring the satisfaction of this claim by providing evidence, you are a liar or deluded (or a bit of both).

All I'm doing is throwing the ball back to you.

Which doesn't make any sense, because you're the one whose issued the claim.

If astrology is easy and can be made up from thin air then prove it to us?

When did I claim this? Can you point out the quote explicitly?

Oh and spare us the weak excuses, the weasel words, the pitiful attempts at not joining in this..
..scientific experiment.

What experiment?

Your being very coy.

Surely if Astrology is mere guesswork then anyone can do it - comprende?

Your being very coy.

Surely if Astrology is mere guesswork then anyone can do it - comprende?

It doesn't matter. YOU are the one saying it works, yet you refuse to tell anyone how it works.

And, that is because you don't know.

So, you are a liar.

Case closed.

Back