Is there anything everyone agrees on as either good or bad?

I don´t agree on the "stupid people" thing. I rather be stupid and humble than a brainy intelectual with the ego the size of a football field thinking he is better than everyone else.

But do you think that it's good or bad, being totally unwilling to consider learning anything new?

It's not about "brainy intellectuals": stupidity is entirely relative.
Do you consider yourself stupid? Unwilling to learn?
For example: someone who is totally fascinated by football thinks that non-sports fans are stupid, and considers it a bad thing to not have (or want an interest).

So someone who regards some one else as stupid doesn't think that person's stupidity is a bad thing?

Someone who recognizes that someone else is choosing ignorance does not necessarily think it is a bad thing.

I know some of these people well.
Hell, I'm sure there are some on this board.

Someone who recognizes that someone else is choosing ignorance does not necessarily think it is a bad thing.

:eek:
My blind spot.
Damn.

Must think more on this topic.
(Suggestions are easy to answer, but hard to come up with...)

Originally Posted by Wisdom_Seeker
I don´t agree on the "stupid people" thing. I rather be stupid and humble than a brainy intelectual with the ego the size of a football field thinking he is better than everyone else.
Isn't thinking you are better than everyone else a form of unwillingness to learn?
And therefore stupid?

Some ppl "considered stupid" are sometimes much nicer ppl in general.

Some ppl that are very intelligent think they are better then everyone,
have a massive ego and are pricks.

Some ppl "considered stupid" are sometimes much nicer ppl in general.
But is the "niceness" related to their unwillingness to learn or consider new ideas?

Some ppl that are very intelligent think they are better then everyone,
have a massive ego and are pricks.
Which is a form of stupidity.
An unwillingness to learn what people are really like.

Isn't thinking you are better than everyone else a form of unwillingness to learn?
And therefore stupid?

Ok, got your point now.
Yes that would be stupid in my perspective, but not in the stupid person´s perspective, therefore, not bad in the eyes of everybody.

Ok, got your point now.
Yes that would be stupid in my perspective, but not in the stupid person´s perspective, therefore, not bad in the eyes of everybody.

Still you're missing.
Yes, stupid in your perspective, but even to THEM there's someone that THEY think is stupid.
Everyone has someone they consider stupid (for whatever reason) - and (I'm assuming/ guessing/ stating) they consider that the OTHER person's stupidity is a bad thing.

Still you're missing.
Yes, stupid in your perspective, but even to THEM there's someone that THEY think is stupid.
Everyone has someone they consider stupid (for whatever reason) - and (I'm assuming/ guessing/ stating) they consider that the OTHER person's stupidity is a bad thing.

It still doesn't matter.
There are plenty of people who appreciate the fact that stupid people exist to make them look better - besides, who is going to mow their lawn or change the flat tire on their Mercedes?

It still doesn't matter.
There are plenty of people who appreciate the fact that stupid people exist to make them look better - besides, who is going to mow their lawn or change the flat tire on their Mercedes?

People less qualified than oneself, people who want to do that sort of thing...

Note that I defined stupidity as an unwillingness to learn - is that accurate for someone who works in a garage, or as a gardener?

Note that I defined stupidity as an unwillingness to learn - is that accurate for someone who works in a garage, or as a gardener?

Note that you redefined it...

...to be "stupid in someone else's perspective".
Regardless if the grease monkey is ten times as smart as the dick in the Mercedes, the dick the Mercedes is still thankful that stupid people like him exist to change his tire.

Last edited:
Define stupidity.
Wilful ignorance.
Note that you redefined it...
Nuh, okay. Mine isn't the dictionary definition.

To be "stupid in someone else's perspective".
Regardless if the grease monkey is ten times as smart as the dick in the Mercedes, the dick the Mercedes is still thankful that stupid people like him exist to change his tire.
And how would the Merc owner know that the grease monkey is "wilfully ignorant"?
You can only ascertain that by conversation or a repeated behaviour that displays the wilfulness.
Assumed stupidity is one thing - proven stupidity is another.
Or am I nit-picking?

Edit: I saw where you highlighted "for whatever reason". I meant (my fault, maybe not clear enough) other than assumption, my football fan was an illustration, I didn't mean pure assumption.

shorty_37 said:
omg you still arguing about this??
Arguing?
Nope, I'm learning.
Not sure what one-raven's getting out of it though. :D

Last edited:
I think its bad when someone sharts when you are in the hot tub with you and your parents. That is bad.

He'd feel shame possibly, but would he think it bad?
Maybe his parents share his fetish...

I didn't say he did it. Maybe his girlfriend did it.
And if you find a family into scat and they openly share this fetish, I will recant.

Orleander said:
I didn't say he did it. Maybe his girlfriend did it.
And again, I say, would the coprophiliac consider it bad or merely embarrassing (while quietly hiding their joy)?

And if you find a family into scat and they openly share this fetish, I will recant.
You're forgiven:
Mozart, his father, his mother and his sister, all took part in the family's pooh by-play, which, believe it or not, was commonplace in polite Salzburg's society.
http://www.andante.com/article/article.cfm?id=17722

Back